Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidler's Epic Building Challenge (Due Date:03/15/11)

Comments

• Options
    estyle36estyle36 Posts: 1,338 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Ohhhh Fid, i can't wait for this challenge :D ! I already post my name as a builder for this challenge !
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2010
    SuperPogimon, I see why your computer kept crashing...you need a Cray Super-computer to handle all those pixels! Amazing job! Definite rec from me. I like the feeling of a bustling downtown apt complex, the lush interior, exterior coloration and, well, everything, lol. Keep up the good work.
    socalkdl
    4646540594_f16c4e42a2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SuperPogimon, I see why your computer kept crashing...you need a Cray Super-computer to handle all those pixels! Amazing job! Definite rec from me. I like the feeling of a bustling downtown apt complex, the lush interior, exterior coloration and, well, everything, lol. Keep up the good work.
    socalkdl
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    socalkdl
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sorry about the 3 identical posts, the Forum crashed (typical) as I was posting, and 3 posts was the result. Man, I wished they'd fix the Forums so they were't so buggy..oh well, guess that's a different topic, lol.
    Alot of really nice homes out there!
    socalkdl
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited May 2010
    While I'm able to access the forums, I just wanted to say, add me to the list for the next challenge, Fid :) I've already started on my modern build.
  • Options
    dinkydinky Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2010
    The next challenge sounds great Fidlerten! Count me in :D
  • Options
    hazentwhazentw Posts: 341 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hey Fidlerten,

Could you add me to the list for the next challenge :roll:

hazentw
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Fid, could you please tell me when this challenge results will be released :D ?I can't wait for 'em !

Oh and don't forget to count me in the next challenge please :)
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hey Everyone,

I'm glad you're all looking forward to the the new challenge. I haven't started taking entries yet but I will be soon after I post the rules on the 2nd. I hope I can post them of course, and there isn't still website problems.

Also, I will be posting the results to the Victorian challenge soon. I have the results from the judges now but I need to still tally the scores and do a little play testing. Hopefully tomorrow if there isn't any problems. I'm sure to have them done by the next day at the latest.

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh righty then !
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    estyle36 wrote:
    Oh righty then !

I'm sorry guys; I fooled around and didn't get it done today. So tomorrow I will spend some major time getting the scores tallied for you guys and hopefully get the new challenge kicked off too.

fidlerten

Hey Everyone!

I have to make this post by editing this previous post, otherwise I can not make a post to you.

I am sorry I was delayed in posting the results to you but these website problems have made things very difficult.

Results to "Fidler's Old Time Victorian Challenge".

Amateur Challenge

follyfoot - Entrant 13 - 1st Place

CarynColleen - Entrant 16 - 2nd Place

JupiterGirl - Entrant 6 - 3rd Place

Pro Challenge

Rutschgaga - ProEntrant 12 - 1st Place

garbuckle3000 - ProEntrant 2 - 2nd Place

yanti68 - ProEntrant 10 - 3rd Place

I want to congratulate the winners. I also want to say that there were some really tight scores as this was a tough challenge. It's also been a tough challenge to just try and post on this website.

I'm also sorry I haven't kicked off the next challenge yet. I will be doing that tomorrow if I can some way get in here to post the rules. I just wanted to get this one done first.

Thanks Everyone for doing such a good job and then being patient with me and the judges for taking so long getting you the results.

fidlerten
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Jasnik82Jasnik82 Posts: 917 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I am horrible at moderns but maybe I will push myself. I will have to whip out the CFE manual lol!

*Waits patiently to congratulate the winners*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited June 2010
    Congratulations to the Winners of Fidlerten's Old Victorian Challenge :)
    Everybody did a great job.
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2010
    Well done everyone! Beautiful lots every one of them, I really think the judges must of had a hard time choosing!

Congratulations!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2010
    WOW! I am really honoured! :shock: I seriously didn't expect to win any medals this time! All the entries are so impressive! Thanks judges! I am really happy! So thank you everyone! Congrats to Ruts, Garbuckle, folly, caryncollen and Jupitergirl too! :D
  • Options
    RutschgagaRutschgaga Posts: 875 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I can't believe it! There were so many wonderfull Victorian houses I've seen on this challenge which I liked much more than my one. It was to me like Yanti said: I didn't expect to win any medal.

Thank you so much to the judges and everyone. I'm absolutely glad about it.

I want to congratulate the other winners, too. You and all the others built such beautyful Victorians. I have won not only a medallion- I've gained ne impressions by seeing your great houses, too. We all won, I think.

Greetings,
    Ruts
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey all! Was able to log in again.

First, huge congrats to all the winners and participants alike! :)

As for the medals, I will send out those I can later, via PM at BB. For those that are not members at Builders Boulevard, you can decide if you want to join and add me as a friend so I can send the medals, otherwise I will need another form of contact.

Please have a little patience, as I am in the middle of a move, and may not get to send the medals until later tonight or tomorrow.
  • Options
    CarynColleenCarynColleen Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yay! Thanks judges! I have been obsessively, frantically trying to access the forums for three days -- dying of suspense over the results! Yippee!
    *doing the cabbage patch, badly*
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Since I am finally able to again make a post by quoting someone, I'd like to inform all of you that if you'd like to know more about what the judges critique is about your lots, you are all welcome to reach them by P.M. either at BuildersBoulevard.com or Simmerssociety.net.

Now a message to Estyle; I'd appreciate it if you would join either BuildersBoulevard or Simmerssociety as I would like to send you a P.M.

Also guys, I've decided to suspend the Challenges until this forum is again working properly. I was told by Stephen, an EA representative I communicate with that this would be resolved by the middle of next week at the latest. I do hope he is right.

fidlerten
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2010
    I also haven't been able to access the forums for a long time...

Congratulations to everyone who entered! I was really impressed by every entry, so much that I'm both extremely surprised and extremely flattered to have placed. Thank you!

Garbuckle, I will be joining BB tonight as that seems the easiest method since we can't IM on here.
  • Options
    CarynColleenCarynColleen Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2010
    I registered on Builders Boulevard but can't find all the judges there. Message me with your critiques, please! It would be neat to know what you think!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Look at that! I was able to log in again :)

Just wanted to say that all the medals have now been handed out. I'll have to add my own later on. Back to the move...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wow ! congratulations for all the winners and the others who participated !

By the way, Fid, what are those ? Is it a challenge or something :P ?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    estyle36 wrote:
    Wow ! congratulations for all the winners and the others who participated !

By the way, Fid, what are those ? Is it a challenge or something :P ?

Oh Wow!!! I got luck and managed to get logged in. He! He!

Well, lets not waste it.

estyle,

Buildersboulevard.com and simmerssociety.net are two very popular websites for us creators. You will find many of us over at these two. Secondly, since we can't P.M. here, we can at those two websites.

I'd like to tell you something is the reason why; something I can't tell you here. So please type those into your address window and sign up at those sites as you'll be glad you did. Then, look for my name among the members and request me as a friend. I'll then send you a P.M.

Now for everyone else;

I have been corresponding with a gentleman named Stephen from EA who has been keeping me informed about what is going on, plus he's working with the board of directors there to get some things changed at this website.

I will tell you that he told me that this website will be back up and running by the middle of next week at the latest.

So everyone take a deep breath and relax; things will be improving I believe. I'll also get these challenges back on track; count on it.

It's a shame that we could not get that kind of communications from the staff here at TS3 but I do know they are just following orders from one certain person. They are simply trying to keep their jobs, so don't blame them.

I will post on here when I can but if I don't get back to you soon, don't think I've given up. I'm not the kind of person to give up. I will always carry through with whatever I say I'll do. I believe in remaining positive and I always trust God to turn every negative thing around, including this website.

Watch this post particularly because sometimes I can't make a post other than to edit my old post.

fidlerten