The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Final Months of The Sims Forums, Any Memories/Regrets?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Thanks for this thread, just logged on to see all of my old posts on my account are gone. Makes me scared for what they will do with the sims 3 community website. I'm gonna go download all of my old files now after this post. My favorite part was being able to see all of the "What would you add to the sims" comments I would make and now laughing at how still, none of them have been implemented. I also loved the community I built around sims 3 home builds. I had my own line of homes I built and would love to visit the simsinteriordesigns.com website and request/download fun modern builds. Its so sad to say goodbye to this forum and makes no sense that they are deleting it in favor of "EA forums", people are still active on here (myself included but now on a new account). Its very sad. :'(

Archive.org has a copy here: https://web.archive.org/web/20230121082902/http://simsinteriordesigns.com/#primary - Unfortunately though, it seems to only be a text copy.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,636 Member
    No regrets! And very glad I stubbornly stayed here in 2014-15-16 when it would have been very easy to never, ever be a Sims 4 fan here again. Big hugs to the rest of the little group of people who were part of my mutual not-giving-up team - <3 you all. The Forums really did turn into a comfy place to be in the end. I hope the new ones start off just the same :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,276 Member
    @luthienrising I wasn't here for those rough times. I became active only two years ago, but this community is full of wonderful simmers and that core is moving over to the new forum. The new place will look different but I know it will still feel the same.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    The forums have been terrific and I have met lots of wonderful simmers on here and got lots of advice. I also wrote a story or two and posted it here. I am somewhat nervous about dealing with a new forum because back when I started I didn't even know how to post a photo on here. There was one particular story that I wrote that I have fond memories about, and when the new forums launch, I will be starting a sims legacy with these two sims. They had met randomly in my story, and I wanted to test out the theory if they were meant to be in another save. So, I started from scratch with my sim as a teen in high school, and sure enough, they were drawn to each other again without me ever controlling the other sim. Talk about sim destiny. lol
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

There are not many posts from The Sims 3 simmers here yet. My biggest regret is not meeting all of you sooner. I will miss those who are no longer active on these forums.

What saddens me the most is losing all of the wonderful and helpful discussions from those who are no longer active or those who don't have a presence on the EA Forums. So much knowledge and wisdom will be lost, and it would take more than four months to comb through these forums to find those rare gems and recreate them, even if everyone active today worked nonstop on them.

I wish there were some way for these recommended discussions to be saved. I don't even know where to begin to look. I know the text can be archived, but I don't know how to ensure a specific discussion is saved for all time.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    One regret I have is to being often absent from the forums, even if I joined back in 2013. But I also have longer Sims breaks in general, so I usually only use the forums when I'm also playing.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,194 Member
    @texansky
    Save anything that didn't get nominated to your computer so that you will always have it :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    I have been on these forums since Sims2. I've always had the same username, handle, identity marker, whatever you wish to call it. Since we're not moving due to a new iteration, which has been my experience, then I am expecting a peaceful move. Inasmuch as we shouldn't be divided over which Sims is the best one.

As for my memories, one of my fondest memories dates back to Sims3. I didn't use mods prior to Sims3. At that time I played vanilla, still. I lost Erik (yes, the very same Erik I'm playing now) and his bride. You see, being the Superstar he was, he took his bride on a nice Honeymoon to one of the worlds that came with World Adventures. (Loved that pack.) However, when it came time for them to return to Sunset Valley, they didn't return home. The game seemed to keep them where they were. I can't recall now, if the game crashed, or just what it was, but no matter what I tried, I had lost Erik.

I put up a thread about it. To my surprise and delight Twallen, who created the NRaas website, answered my thread. He invited me to try out one of his mods that he developed to overcome this problem. Seems that pack didn't play nice with other packs. This would retrieve, safely, my stuck Sims.

I beefed up my game, quickly, with any number of his mods to resolve problems with that game. I had about 20, maybe more. Me, who was afraid to do anything with Boolprop!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    edited March 21
    Another memory I have is when a few other players on these forums were very kind to tell me there was a way for Erik to have his music recognized and possibly rewarded with a Best Song award. This after a good couple of years of playing him and not even once being recognized. (Honestly, I think that's why I'm letting him win so often. --- Making up for the lost time, or something.)
  • Options
    gamer_grl16gamer_grl16 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SimsILikeSims said:
    > Archive.org has a copy here: https://web.archive.org/web/20230121082902/http://simsinteriordesigns.com/#primary - Unfortunately though, it seems to only be a text copy.

oh wow thank you so much for this ! I wish web pages didnt get deleted :'( It reminds me of all the old stories and videos on the sims 3 website that are just gone because flash is gone. So sad !!
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 83 Member
    I know I don't comment very much but would like to say I find all the members on here friendly and very helpful. My only regret is I wish I had known about this forum before I got Sims 4 on console .I never new you could get mods for the sims games