Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lottery

I'm sure like many here I watch an assortment of YouTube TS4 players and across all the channels, as well as the limited time I myself have been playing, not once have I see anyone win the lottery, so i was just wondering if anyone has had an active household actually get lucky and become a millionaire?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited February 4
    Several simmers in this thread from June. :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1009067/the-lottery/p1
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It is possible.

I have had this happen to my currently active sim. A million Simoleons and a dazed moodlet.

It's a very rare event, but it's possible.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I had a couple that won the lottery right after they got married. This was a while ago. They were living in Mua Pelam in Sulani. The woman named Helene was living in the house near a volcano and she was going into the cleaning up the island aspiration. There was a shipwrecked guy living in the shipwreck. I said he was an Australian who fell off a ship and swam to shore. He found the beached pirate ship and lived there by foraging with a shaggy beard and the same set of battered clothes. He couldn't leave the area yet to even go to town because he didn't know where he was. I also had not built a resort in the area yet.

They fell in love in that remote area and got married in the waterfall planning to be broke/rags-to-riches. Helene promptly won a million simoleons in the lottery. They moved to Lani St. Taz where they have a custom beach mansion. The guy, named Chip I think, still has the shaggy beard and beach bum look. Helene still works in the environmental career because she wants to. They have a child and maybe a dog. They are frequently making island cocktails on their oceanfront deck and riding jet skis or swimming around. They don't have any drama and occasionally her brother visits from the cold. I love that household.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    A long time ago, I had a vampire that won the lottery. Maybe that's the key, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    My sim self's late son Andrew won the lottery while still living at home with his parents. He went to university with his sister Ayla and took his one million winnings with him. After Andrew and Ayla graduated university, Andrew split from his sister Ayla's household and built his own house across the street from his sister Sienna in Newcrest.

However, when i split the household of Andrew and Ayla up i forgot to transfer Andrew's one million back to him and Ayla ended up with Andrew's money and Andrew with not so much left after building his own house.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited February 6
    On my main save I have probably around 150 sims and have been playing it and doing saves since 2014. I have had no winners, but I play rotationally and forget to play most of the time.

On my scenario rotational save one of my first scenario’s I had my Sulani sim ( a young adult female with a chesp house on the water, under 20K ) play the lottery about the second day I played her, and she won a million dollars! She redecorated her small home a little for comfort and style, You would never know she’s a millionaire though….. but, she can vacation any time as she doesn’t have a 9-5 job yet. Once they Fix the For Rent lots where you can change them back from Residential Rental to other types of lots, and I start playing again, I think she will be my first legitimate ( non cheating ) landlord! ….lol. Unfortunately, she wasn’t playing the millionaire scenario….. lol.
  • Options
    Perti23Perti23 Posts: 61 Member
    It happened to me once in 3 (real life) years.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Has happened twice to my active sim, few times to played sim not currently active.

Rosie Heckings wins often.

If only it would be as "easy" to win in real life :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I’ve never won the lottery with any of my Sims. It used to be that stray animals would win the lottery (eg Captain Whiskers) but since an update (don’t remember which) the winners all seem to be actual Sims rather than animals.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    My Sims haven't won the lottery, but I always try and make sure they buy a ticket each time.