Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Random Musings…

My slowed down game (extended lifespan, slower skill gain..) has in the short term resulted in my Sims doing new and more things. I’ve found I’ve taken them travelling to bars (more than once), to geek con and even on a vacation to Granite Falls. My Sims hardly ever get vacation and have never gone camping before. :o They’re having aweSim adventures. Though I have just enrolled Natasha in university (but she’ll have four weeks per semester..)

Speaking of university. The original plan with Natasha was to make her a physics major because scientist is one of my favourite careers, so it’s kind of her dream. Move to the desert and work in the lab…. Well that changed a bit. Often I enroll my Sims in a distinguished degree, figuring that meeting the requirements for entry indicates a good fit. Gave Natasha some basic logic skill and practiced lots of programming and called it good. As an overachieving sort and a bit academic, she took to prepping research and debate. So, she got into communications, economics and psychology but not physics. :p So now Natasha is contemplating a future in environmental management as a conservationist. She’d still be geeking out on the computer and doing biology stuff with plants and potentially living in a super hot climate, but it might be Sulani!

And meanwhile the fiancé, Ryan, is still kicking about as a lawn mower and odd jobber. Which is, actually, exactly his character. Skill gain is so much slower than my normal that (only two weeks in mind) he hasn’t shown an aptitude for a specific career path yet. In a way it’s wonderful ‘cause he’s noncommittal and in many ways Tasha’s opposite…

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 2
    And…

- Why are mixologists not turning up when my Sims get out?
    - They (Ryan and Tasha) have been getting some woohoo, so I guess I had better be careful not to get caught by the results of ‘risky woohoo’ too soon :*
    - for a couple with awful compatibility they get along real well…. been wondering about putting them in a “engaged in conflict” scenario but that would probably just ruin their relationship permanently..
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @NRowe Re. the mixologists, that's a current Get Famous game bug. You can either use thunder1143's mod fix for it or change the Fame option in Options before you load the lot then change it back again.

Also: this is so much of why I play with aging off :) I like taking my time. Sims can age up when they feel "cooked" enough :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    This is exactly why I love slowing down aging. My Sims have time to DO things besides the usual "get married", "raise kids", "climb career ladder", "achieve aspiration". I wish lifespan was customizable like in TS3 (twice normal is plenty, thanks), but, hey, that's what mods are for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been playing with aging off in one of my current saves. I rarely turn off aging, but the difference in the pace of life is just, whoa. I don't think I realized how much time anxiety the normal lifespan gives me.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I play with aging off for exactly this reason. I like to take my time and allow the stories to tell themselves. Otherwise, it just seems like you’re grinding to get things done in time.