Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove DLC from game

Heya, how can I remove For Rent from my game? I can't play ever since I bought it. I regret spending money on this pack, it broke my game, and I want it out of there!

There HAS to be a way to remove it, right? I mean, I wouldn't be mad if EA took it away from me and threw a cup of coffee my way. But, since that's not going to happen, I turn to the community to save my game (and sanity).

Please & thank you!

Comments

• Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Did you buy it from Steam? Steam has a return policy, I’m not sure what the limits etc are but if you play via steam you might be able to get your money back and have them remove it. I dunno.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    There might be a way to uninstall a pack, depending on your EA app or whatever you use.
    You can definitely disable a pack from loading, so you can play your game without that pack in it at all.
    Tutorial at James Turner's website:
    https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member

I didn't use Steam and normally I buy from CDKeys unless it's a kit. This time I rushed to the front of the line before looking at reviews, investigating bugs, learning anything. All because I had to have those 3 pre-order items. Smacking myself in the head rn.

I used the link to JT's website. Thank you for posting it!

I appreciate the help. My therapist thanks you too. LMAO
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    @mightysprite and @The_Mercuria Before I bought For Rent, I did some investigating and found James Turner's info. I made sure I had an escape plan. 😆 That was before people started having the big problems. So far, I haven't had issues myself, but I'm sure that's because I don't play with rental builds. In the two saves I've been playing since installing the pack, my sims aren't tenants or landlords.

I do hope the bugs get fixed soon. It's a lot of money to pay for a pack when I can't use the major gameplay features. 😣