Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It’s all so boring.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheOccasionalMishapTheOccasionalMishap Posts: 7 New Member
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I always intend to write up the stories and post them, but I'm honestly terrible about remembering to get screen shots. Or do you mean a clear set of rules for each generation... in which case, sort of? I'm willing to go into it more, but maybe in a different thread unless the OP is interested too.

Honestly, either way! I was hoping you'd have a set of rules/guidelines, then I thought maybe it was more likely you were posting the story some where. If you write up the rules, I'd be excited to see it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    > @DaWaterRat said:
    > I always intend to write up the stories and post them, but I'm honestly terrible about remembering to get screen shots. Or do you mean a clear set of rules for each generation... in which case, sort of? I'm willing to go into it more, but maybe in a different thread unless the OP is interested too.

Honestly, either way! I was hoping you'd have a set of rules/guidelines, then I thought maybe it was more likely you were posting the story some where. If you write up the rules, I'd be excited to see it.

I've posted my guidelines here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012812/seven-plots-seven-generation-legacy/p1?new=1
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    Off the topic but how to make your sim a DJ?
    there are many great fun things to do only if EA allowed it like working as DJ

@graventhe I'm currently playing a teen DJ. It's a self-employment career from Get Together where you make money from tips.
    1. Your first step is to build up your DJ skills. Without decent skills you'll be tipped almost nothing. You can build skills by buying a DJ booth and practicing.
    2. Then, when you're level 6 at least, you call the Ministry of Labor on your phone and register as an independent DJ.
    3. Then you go to a community lot that has a DJ booth and perform for tips. If you perform on a lot that isn't a nightclub, you'll have a smaller audience, but you'll have the booth all to yourself and can start playing right away. If you perform at a nightclub, you'll be competing with other DJs, so you might have to wait your turn. Once you get up there and start playing though, you'll get bigger tips.
    4. When you get to level 8 DJ mixing skill you can supplement your income by composing and releasing mix tapes for royalties. If you also own Get Famous, you could even win a music award.
    5. If you max the DJ mixing skill, you unlock a Daft Punk robot suit in CAS that you can wear to your live performances.

Edit: One more thing. If you want your DJ character to earn more aspiration points, the DJ booth counts as a musical instrument for the purpose of the Musical Genius aspiration.

My sim is a DJ too but I didn't know a couple of these things. Very helpful!
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I never play starter sims anymore. I simply use cheats to create a household fleshed out with skills, careers, relationships, a house already furnished, clubs, etc. I find the game to be far more entertaining when I play with sims that have pre-existing conditions.