Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bowling Stuff Pack?

To me Bowling Night seems like one of the stuff packs with a decent amount of content, so I'm wondering whether I should get it on this sale. But I don't have enough lots in my save to have a community lot dedicated to a bowling lot category, so my main question is whether this pack comes with its own lot category? If it does, will everything work elsewhere, say in the basement of a lot tagged as Retail?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,412 Member
    The bowling lot is actually categorized as a bar. So, if you put the bowing lane in any bar it should work. I think it also works with lounge lot type.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited November 2023
    Sims just come in and start bowling too, it's pretty cute. It has midnight bowling (forgot the proper term) and some cute animations for beginning skills, little bowling outfits etc. But you almost need a 20x30 lot because the lanes are kind of long. I was able to remove the outdoor beer garden at the Blue Velvet and put a few lanes in there. 🦇🦹
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Sims just come in and start bowling too, it's pretty cute. It has midnight bowling (forgot the proper term) and some cute animations for beginning skills, little bowling outfits etc. But you almost need a 20x30 lot because the lanes are kind of long. I was able to remove the outdoor beer garden at the Blue Velvet and put a few lanes in there. 🦇🦹
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The bowling lot is actually categorized as a bar. So, if you put the bowing lane in any bar it should work. I think it also works with lounge lot type.

Ah, so I can put it in the basement of any bar or lounge and not miss out on any functionality or business? That's better than I expected, so I'll probably grab it during the sale. Just need to get acquainted with those rodents, first, LOL.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Yep, just plop a few lanes down and done, you don't even have to make bowling clubs to get them to wear the attire plus kids can bowl iirc. Have fun with the rodents and always make sure your hamster has a full fuel tank... B)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    The one they add with the game is categorized as a bar, but you can actually use any lot type. The object is designed to attract Sims regardless of lot type.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    The one they add with the game is categorized as a bar, but you can actually use any lot type. The object is designed to attract Sims regardless of lot type.

Thanks, even better!!! :)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I like taking the whole family there when the power goes out on my lot. Added a few kid friendly items to the local bowling bar.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 960 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Or anywhere else for that matter. I am pretty sure I even have a restaurant with bowling in the gallery. Just make sure the restaurant and bowling lanes are under the same roof in order to work properly. I also have a bowling lane in the park in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    edited November 2023
    Bowling works best if the lot type is bar, nightclub or lounge. It's specified in the bowling alley object. Some of the autonomous functionality is lost otherwise. I'm not sure if sims autonomously bowl on other lot types than these. There are groups that specifically come to bowl and scheduled night bowling also.

The pack is worth getting, but you need to focus on the bowling as a hobby, otherwise it's easy to pass.
  • Options
    Thanks all for your input. I got the pack on sale, and I like it. Just tested it briefly last night by building a bowling arena under the Willow Creek gym. The entrance is a separate "shed" outside, so unless the ground is a common roof, I will probably miss some auto functionality. But NPCs joined my actively bowling sims by chatting, and when my little household arrived the lot, the non-active household member rushed straight to the bowling lane and earned his first bowling skill without me directing him to go there.

I have not ye checked whether bowling is a club activity, but I do plan for some annual tournament and minimum one club will be coming up :) I will probably add a bowling hall in San Myshuno and a celebrities only in Del Sol Valley, in the cellar of a new tenant complex there (if that will work...).
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm pretty sure that you can make bowling leagues as clubs. I haven't but you can. I added bowling lanes to a movie theatre and in Oasis Springs, I put in the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl that is a Maxis lot with the pack. It's very Midcentury so the styles are pretty trendy now. I definitely like some of the clothing and hair. The bowling skill is fun and you can have different types of bowling whether as dates, groups of friends, solo practice or a family activity with kids. Different groups show up to bowl so it is a way to meet people. I thought this pack was underrated at the time and have gotten a lot of play from it. It's also an activity in any weather.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Just confirming that bowling is both a club activity + club skill requirement + it is possible to boost better bowling skill with club perks.

Now that I tested the pack, I plan an annual tournament. Mainly for club members, but it might grow bigger than just 8 contestants - so also open to non club members. I noticed a bowling trophy in the BB, and now I wonder if that is just a deco object or if the game will ever reward a sim with a trophy? If no such auto rewarding I will use that trophy for the tournament, but if it get used by game, I must find another trophy.

Anyone?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,444 Member
    Just confirming that bowling is both a club activity + club skill requirement + it is possible to boost better bowling skill with club perks.

Now that I tested the pack, I plan an annual tournament. Mainly for club members, but it might grow bigger than just 8 contestants - so also open to non club members. I noticed a bowling trophy in the BB, and now I wonder if that is just a deco object or if the game will ever reward a sim with a trophy? If no such auto rewarding I will use that trophy for the tournament, but if it get used by game, I must find another trophy.

Anyone?

An annual tournament sounds like a good idea. I often keep forgetting bowling. But a calendar event for a tournament would remind me to send my sims bowling once every sim year sounds like a good idea.