Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to change lot type for: 888 Spire Apartments

DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
I'm wondering if this is even possible with mods. I would really love to make it into a nightclub!

So my question is, has anyone has found mods to make it into a different type of lot? And successfully changed it into something else.

Or is it impossible? I know there is also a lot trait that cannot be changed.

Thanks in advance for answers!

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,637 Member
    I never thought to change the lot types for the city as there is already penthouse nightclub in the city of San My, but if you wanted to do so, wouldn't it be the same as everyone other lot?
    Can you not just pull down the venue type and choose the lot type you want it to be in build mode?

A question you just reminded me about building in San My, I've seen on tutorials and experienced from other gallery builds, more floors to lots that were just apartments. Where can i find a mezzanine room on the gallery to expand a build vertically. Is it only for certain lots? Is there a way I can do it on my own?
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I never thought to change the lot types for the city as there is already penthouse nightclub in the city of San My, but if you wanted to do so, wouldn't it be the same as everyone other lot?
    Can you not just pull down the venue type and choose the lot type you want it to be in build mode?

888 Spire Apartments doesn't allow this via the drop down menu. The option to change is greyed out. I think it might be linked to the lot trait - Great Views. That is also not able to be changed. Also tried freebuildmode cheat, and sadly that also doesn't allow me to change it.

I have been able to change the two Penthouse lots, one into a spa and the other into a cafe. There was no problem being able to do those.

As to your question, I'm unaware of how to add extra floors to apartments that don't already have those floors included!
  • Options
    Daiyu wrote: »
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

888 Spire Apartments doesn't allow this via the drop down menu. The option to change is greyed out. I think it might be linked to the lot trait - Great Views. That is also not able to be changed. Also tried freebuildmode cheat, and sadly that also doesn't allow me to change it.

I have been able to change the two Penthouse lots, one into a spa and the other into a cafe. There was no problem being able to do those.

As to your question, I'm unaware of how to add extra floors to apartments that don't already have those floors included!

@Daiyu I remember asking this question on some other forum,( I think it was on Twitch), regarding special locked venue types, and someone responded with a mod. They said they used this specific mod and they moved their family into and lived in the Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg which is usually locked as a special venue type.

This was a while ago, but I tried that mod and it did not work for me. I am working on a mac book pro and some mods that work for others, will not on my set up, but it might for you. I just did a quick google search and found this:

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160347810775/the-sims-4-mod-venue-changes

However, this does not sound familiar, and I feel like I downloaded it off of Mod the sims.

• Options
    Thanks for the mod link. I'll give it a try!
  • Options
    Incase someone else is also looking to do the same thing. Unfortunately Zerbu's mod to change venues does not appear to work for 888 Spire Apartments.
  • Options
    @Daiyu Right, I had a similar experience I thought it was just me. Sometimes when the sims come out with a new expansion pack, it breaks previous mods. I saw everyone online raving about this particular content creator with all their mods, but unfortunately in my experience, none of his mods work on my game and system. Heartbroken, because they sound like so much fun. I have learned to play and love the game within it's limits, despite using a lot of other cheats. lol