Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomarang World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I'm going to use the TOOL mod to place snorkelling and diving buoys in this world too. There are reef pieces in debug, so it makes sense here.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I'm so upset for everyone who's disappointed in the world. It does seem very small, for sure. Having so few lots and having them be so small is certainly baffling. I always intended for this world to be a vacation destination for my sims, so I'll never play in it. But even I would have liked a few more lots to build community venues on. I fear it's going to become a trend. Watch the next EP have 5 lots or something. :neutral:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    I do understand that the size of a world might affect the budget - and the game performance. But I never understood why adding 2 more empty lots would affect anything as long as the world itself is the same size? If I was on a very slow computer I'd know I should not pack all lots anyway. But I could have benefitted from a couple extra lots even if they were not very big or busy. I would appreciate it so much if I could make that decision myself - adding a small park with 1 tree and one bench, or a 4 story build. If adding one extra empty lot takes up tons of costs and developing resources - then fine, but I don't think it would.

That said, I'm the last person in the world to complain about few lots. I will never play more than a few at a time anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I'm so upset for everyone who's disappointed in the world. It does seem very small, for sure. Having so few lots and having them be so small is certainly baffling. I always intended for this world to be a vacation destination for my sims, so I'll never play in it. But even I would have liked a few more lots to build community venues on. I fear it's going to become a trend. Watch the next EP have 5 lots or something. :neutral:

Yes, I think this will be the same for me. It'll be a beautiful destination for my destination weddings and digital nomads!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,438 Member

I'm going to put a large waterpark there and possibly an amusement park as well.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this question: Can the Sulani canoe (or jet ski) be used in Tomarang waters?

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    edited December 2023
    lanlyn wrote: »
    I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this question: Can the Sulani canoe (or jet ski) be used in Tomarang waters?

Th early access of game changers only has base game and the new pack so no one can test this yet. But until now the sulani boats and jet ski could be used in any swimmable water, no matter which world. Most waters are so small it doesn't make sense but it's possible. I have tested this in Tartosa, Henford on Bagley and Mt Komorebi and they all worked. So they can probably be used in the new world of Tomarang as well.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    Thank you @Atreya33 🙂 Since there seems to be a large swimming area in Tomarang, I was hoping the canoes would be worth trying. I thought maybe a guru might have mentioned them, but your reasoning makes sense. 😉
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited December 2023
    I find it quite perplexing why they didn't add a functional boat for this pack because from the reviews, it seems the cave takes a while to get to by swimming. So, unless you have IL, your sim will have a long day of swimming to get to the mysterious cave island :D
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,276 Member
    Maybe we can use these to get there:

5fmcbps7a7kq.png

• Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I find it quite perplexing why they didn't add a functional boat for this pack because from the reviews, it seems the cave takes a while to get to by swimming. So, unless you have IL, your sim will have a long day of swimming to get to the mysterious cave island :D

After watching Deligracy's Sim dying in the sea after returning from the cave I would actually say it's advisable to use a boat or jetski, lol.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    Omg :D yeah i am definitely even more perplexed now!
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »

5fmcbps7a7kq.png

totally will, but the thing for me is, you shouldn't have to rely on another $40 expansion pack to make a part of a world from another $40 expansion playable lol
  • Options

That swimming Sim should definitely bring a picnic basket! ;)
  • Options
    totally will, but the thing for me is, you shouldn't have to rely on another $40 expansion pack to make a part of a world from another $40 expansion playable lol

Maybe they will patch in one boat to the base game?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,703 Member
    @EmmaVane
    I can’t use the tool mod with my laptop- it begins to overheat. If you could possible share the lot which you add the water activities like scuba diving to the gallery, I think many of us greatly appreciate it. Lilly pads and other water animations would be nice too, as I have see images of Thailand waters like that.

@Gagea  already thought of this sppedboat from IL but I would be nice if a model could edit the boat like the boats they have in Thailand. I think there’s a row boat in IL, if I’m not mistaken.

@Simmerville they really should patch a boat into bae game as they have a lot of packs with swimmable bodies of water now.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 528 Member
    The boats are such a big feature of IL I can understand they might want to keep them exclusive to that pack — even though it would totally make sense to have them in other worlds.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,027 Member

Well it is still playable, you can swim there, just maybe not a good idea with no , or very little swimming skills :D:D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »

5fmcbps7a7kq.png

We can.
  • Options
    The boats are such a big feature of IL I can understand they might want to keep them exclusive to that pack — even though it would totally make sense to have them in other worlds.

Sadly those boats don't have an option for more then one sim to use them though.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member

Sadly those boats don't have an option for more then one sim to use them though.

It is a shame that sims can't take a passenger with them. Especially for the younger sims. Even with IL children have to swim all the way over while their parents can take a boat.

Well it is still playable, you can swim there, just maybe not a good idea with no , or very little swimming skills :D:D

Apart from swimming we at least can still teleport with the wellness skill or with the power of vampires, spellcasters and werewolves. Or the cheat of course. Should my sims take the boat up there I will use the cheat to bring along any kids and pretend they were in the same boat.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have been watching videos and I remember one of them did mention that Sulani boats can be used, but don't remember which one said that. I really need to write these things down! lol
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited December 2023
    53377745393_84c05565e0_b.jpg293270_533930913283981_1808655775_n by leucosia x, on Flickr

53377883224_388586b268_b.jpg25064_533933399950399_202264741_n by leucosia x, on Flickr

some photos a friend of my tagged me in years ago while he was rowing boat in Thailand. If I could use the tool mod with my system, this would totally be possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @EmmaVane

they really should patch a boat into bae game as they have a lot of packs with swimmable bodies of water now.

I very much agree with this. Too many worlds surrounded by ocean to not get a single new boat. Especially with Tomarang. I don't see why it's not possible for them to take one of the decor boats and just attach the boat coding used for the one sail boat IL offered. I also just want like a standard looking sail or speed boat. The one from sulani is kind of whimsical with the flower sail, it'd be nice to get something more simple and realistic.

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    I'm glad the swimming areas are huge so we can at least use the various watercraft from Sulani. I don't want to lose any sims in a drowning incident just to get to the cave island.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain