Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crime and Punishment stuff pack.

Seeing how burglars are supposedly too traumatic for some players, how about bringing them back in a stuff pack that adds other related features too?

Burglar alarms and other security measures would be added as well in this pack, some of the security measures could also help protect against kleptomaniac sims.

Some forms of petty crime could also be added in this pack, as well as the possibility for sims to go to jail for a while. Bail could be paid to let them out earlier and their jail time would reflect the crime.
It could also add new criminal opportunities for each job through pop ups, that can give big money rewards at the risk of going to jail. Bigger the reward, the longer the jail time would be.

Aside from security systems and safes there could also be new display cases added in this stuff pack, doors and windows, beds and other things that could be used in a prison in case you want to make a prison yourself, some security themed clothing as well as shady looking clothes for criminals, maybe fine suits too and some expensive stuff that could be stolen in some way and would be crazy expensive to buy, and would also lure in burglars.
The burglars could also be subject to jail time, could be like 10 NPC burglars who each work a bit differently, some are better than others, one could be a master thief. Could be a way maybe for your sim to persuade authorities to keep a burglar you caught locked up longer. Could also be a reward for catching burglars, catching a master thief could give a big reward and maybe a medal.

The master thief could be super prepared.
Would have some sausages to feed any dogs on the lot that make them go back to sleep, uses high tech tools to get inside and is faster at cracking open a safe than other burglars.

Could also be a super clumsy burglar on the other end who is very loud, prone to breaking stuff, accidentally turning on a radio and all that. Might also be distracted by using the toilet, grabbing a drink or such.

And some in between that with different approaches and styles, and they might be after different items. Like maybe one is after your food, another wants your archaeological artefacts. And maybe one only steals children's toys and is dressed like some sort of mad hatter.

I figure for a purely optional pack this could work and would bring some additional challenge to the game, while still sticking to the sims style. Bringing back a little bite from previous sims games that got lost along the way.

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,044 Member
    I LOVE the idea of a criminal stuff pack, enabling both my sim being the victim and being the perp. If such a pack were to be, I'd hope for some massive cross-pack combability with get to work, so that detectives could work the cases and catch the burglars.

I would also love an addition of real life consequences for being a criminal (just not a burglar, but all criminal careers). If you get caught, there would be a prise to pay. Something like:
    • Fines, that are drawn from the house hold account. The more times a sim is caught, the higher the fine.
    • House arrest, where your sim is not allowed to leave their home and a parole officer comes to check on them.
    • Jailtime - a rabbit hole jail time stretching from a sim day to a sim-week. (Could of course be an active version too, but then we're talking way more than a stuff pack).

The last one would need to be rare or it would get old fast.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I figure the option to pay for a sim's bail to shorten jailtime would limit that becoming too annoying, won't need an active version I think, would be nice enough if you can make your own jail.

Just need sims to actually stay in it if a sim not in jail leaves the lot a moment. I still remember making jails in sims 1 and 2 where I did not allow sims to leave until they had mastered all skills.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    It would be so funny to bring back the burglars in Sims 4. They were so fun to play when I had my sims fight the burglars in Sims 3.
    Also, my Superhero Households so needs Supervillains to fight. :p
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 645 Member
    In the crime and punishment department it would be nice if Sims in the detective career retained policing powers while off duty. Arresting kleptomaniacs, issuing citations for public disturbances, arresting vandals defacing murals etc.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I personally think burglars and burglar alarms should be put in the base game. Also,I'd buy a Crimes stuff pack if we were able to build police stations,prisons and criminal hideouts.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    XxLavenderxXXxLavenderxX Posts: 36 Member
    I think there should also be a neighborhood watch group you can form or something. Or maybe even awards for catching specific burglars like $5,000 to $10,000 simoleons. However it can be difficult to find the specific one, and an NPC townie could also get the reward if not found in time.