Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August 26th - Celebrate Women's Equality Day

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,353 EA Community Manager
Sul sul :)

I just wanted to share here as well that our very own Friday Highlight master @EA_Solaire put together an amazing post over at AHQ here on Women's Equality Day.

I've worked with Solaire for years and she's always been a shining example of professionalism and passion for what she does. I'm truly lucky to have a coworker like her and the rest of our team working on The Sims. I also absolutely want to shine as bright a light as I can on her post to celebrate Women's Equality.

If you're so inclined, I encourage you to pop over to our sister site to read her post and share your thoughts.
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,949 Member
    edited August 2023
    Thank you for sharing such an inspiring post from @EA_Solaire. So glad she's part of the team here on the forum.

ETA: Now to figure out how to post a pic on AHQ. 😄
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Why do the Sims team only support women? Last year we got a patch in celebration of women (tattoos by female artist and other stuff) the same holiday rolls around for men and dead silence no patch of equal celebration. I put a great thread of ideas in which we could also be inclusive and celebrate men on that day the same way we did women. Only women are celebrated here there are men on these forums who play this game.

This November 19 on national men's day we should celebrate @EA_Cade and all the other men of the forums and Sims community because we are equally great and worthy of recognition.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,353 EA Community Manager
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Why do the Sims team only support women? Last year we got a patch in celebration of women (tattoos by female artist and other stuff) the same holiday rolls around for men and dead silence no patch of equal celebration. I put a great thread of ideas in which we could also be inclusive and celebrate men on that day the same way we did women. Only women are celebrated here there are men on these forums who play this game.

This November 19 on national men's day we should celebrate @EA_Cade and all the other men of the forums and Sims community because we are equally great and worthy of recognition.

While I thank you for the praise @ChadSims2, I think historically we can all agree that representation and equality is not something my gender has struggled with. As a straight white male, I've never had to worry that "my" group wasn't represented.

This is about equality, something that women and other historically marginalized groups have had to fight for and continue to struggle for every day. I will shine whatever light I'm able to on them as often as I can.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,407 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

While I thank you for the praise @ChadSims2, I think historically we can all agree that representation and equality is not something my gender has struggled with. As a straight white male, I've never had to worry that "my" group wasn't represented.

This is about equality, something that women and other historically marginalized groups have had to fight for and continue to struggle for every day. I will shine whatever light I'm able to on them as often as I can.

From the global political perspective you are of course right, but in TS4 as a videogame men need urgently more love and attention.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,949 Member
    1WTDRyg.png

This is my sim Julianna. I've been playing her and her large extended family for 5 years. Julianna has raised 4 children and is now focused on nurturing the next generation, her five grandchildren.

In addition to raising her family, Julianna has completed several careers, aspirations, degrees, leveled up almost all skills, and owns and operates five businesses.

Julianna would like to thank all those women who came before and struggled and persisted. And all of those still fighting for equality for women.

To EA_Solaire, EA_Abril, and all my wonderful forum sisters, Happy Women's Equality Day.