Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Horse ranch negative discussion.

This is your place to put your thought, concerns, and criticism for the next expansion pack.

Comments

• Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    This one is easy. Why the world is so empty and has only few lots.

Anyway. I afraid that there will be impossible to turn off horses in San Myshuno for example.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Lmao sees a screenshot of the world, immediately assumes it’s the whole world.
    Sims community in a nutshell
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    I feel like aside from horses and their interactions, the remaining main selling points are already part of an existing pack.

Mainly looking and the lively town aspect from Cottage Living and the goats and sheeps that have no reason not to be in Cottage Living, I'm assuming those are going to be reused meshes based on CL's llamas and cows.
    Horse customizing is a glorified pets creator.
    Also, the dance parties sound like they're no different from Get Together.

So yeah this only leaves interacting with horses.

Overall I feel like this could have easily been part of Cottage Living but eh. I'm not into horses anyway and am not a fan of the ranch/texas/desert/american cowboys aesthetic in any media so unless there are major overarching gameplay-enhancing features included with the pack this might be the first EP I'm skipping.

But I'm glad people who wanted horses are getting what they wanted because it seems like all of the pack's budget went into them.

This is just first impressions. I had some reservations about Growing Together and it ended up being one of my favourite packs up there with Cottage Living so yeah.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    So we're reintroducing a wildly overrated feature from the Sims 3? Isn't that LBY's job? And how is this an expansion pack? It should be a vacation game pack.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I know it's still early and we don't even have a trailer yet but I'm still surprised Horses is an Expansion and not Game Pack lol. The world better be worth the money because it seems like they split content that could've been half on Cats & Dogs and half on Cottage Living.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Eh, I hardly use the animals in Cottage Living as is. I'm more excited for sheep but they aren't the star of the pack. Dancing's nice but I more want the slow dances of My Wedding Stories. (LOL)

Just like with Cottage Living, it's very hard to convince myself to add farm animals when for the most part, Sims live in suburbs.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2023
    It sounds like the "training grounds" can't be edited, much like the Strangerville lab at the very least, or worse, a rabbit hole (like the TS3 Equestrian Center).

Hopefully, things like the chaps are pants and NOT a full-body outfit.

I have too many Sims that were created in advance of an eventual horse pack, and there really aren't enough lots to have a decent-sized horse farm in the game.

Cross-pack compatibility, no doubt.

Bugs, bugs, bugs, and even more bugs. Any time a major new gameplay feature is added, it makes major changes to the code, and it will take some time for these problems to be ironed out, and it'll also mean EVERY SINGLE MOD will have to be updated. Curseforge has aided me immensely, but a few mods either aren't on CurseForge or are behind the versions offered on their official websites. At least now, it's only two mods that aren't on CurseForge.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited June 2023
    only things I don't like so far is

1. the bonus item thing they keep doing with eps. it still comes off more like " buy this pack at release or lose these items" than " have fun extra items" i just hate that kind of thing regardless of items

2. some of the furniture is giving lots of live laugh love and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it other than in very specific context of making a cult

3. I saw a crop top, already in the leak
    *dusts off crumplebottom bag*
    I might forgive if its just one crop top though since its quite pretty paired with that skirt

also im still just worried that even with this there isn't something super important like proper saloon doors
    all I am seeing is barn doors everywhere
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    -Not looking forward to the western themed CAS

-If nectar doesn't have a grouping option like "grab drink together", autonomous drinking of nectar, or a new club option for nectar drinking I'll be so bummed out! These options are missing from juice fizzing and thus my sims can't enjoy that activity with sims outside the household.

-I'll want to crosstitch horses from reference but won't be able to unless they fix the black and white cross stitching bug on console. This feature has been unplayable since release for me.

-There's also still a bug for the CoL contest were no ribbons are given and winners aren't even announced. I'd like to be excited about a new competition but I've yet to experience what we already have with CoL.

The new pack feels like an extension of CoL gameplay so I'm think of about the features I haven't been able to use yet and I'll want to combine gameplay but can't. Hopefully the CoL bugs get some attention but this is the negative thread, not holding my breath.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Tiny goats and sheep are fun, but I want them to get bigger, as well. They're probably some tiny breed, but I want regular-sized versions in my game, as well.
    Lmao sees a screenshot of the world, immediately assumes it’s the whole world.
    Sims community in a nutshell
    I mean to be fair, look at the Sims 4's track record. We haven't had a world with 15 or more lots since 2017. 12's been the standard for nearly 3 years now.

Speaking of, I'm worried about how open the world will be. Henford on Bagley has a lot of space off the lots, but most of it is empty. It also lags horribly compared to other worlds, at least in my opinion. I even bought a top-of-the-line computer a couple months back, and it still struggles with Henford.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Not really a complaint, but more of a worry: I hope horses aren't like cows/llamas in that we don't get baby versions of them. I'm assuming since it sounds like they're the equivalent of pets (in that you can customize them like pets) we will likely get foals/baby horses. Or at least, that's my hope.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @BlueROse they did mention horses having foals in the description. I think the horse outside behind the sim grooming the horse in the stable is actually a foal in the pic.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Not really a complaint, but more of a worry: I hope horses aren't like cows/llamas in that we don't get baby versions of them. I'm assuming since it sounds like they're the equivalent of pets (in that you can customize them like pets) we will likely get foals/baby horses. Or at least, that's my hope.
    The leak mentions foals, and said that horses can be born on the farm. Things are looking positive in this respect
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    There’s a Appy foal in the background of the cover art.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    @BlueROse they did mention horses having foals in the description. I think the horse outside behind the sim grooming the horse in the stable is actually a foal in the pic.
    Gordy wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    The leak mentions foals, and said that horses can be born on the farm. Things are looking positive in this respect

Ah, my bad then! Then I have no complaints, other than that it might overlap too much with other packs? But that's a mild complaint.

Hopefully the nectar system is like it was in sims 3 or similar to it and it's more complex. I am also hoping that we get some more spacious lots this time around. I know they're trying to curb it so people's computers don't get so bloated/overwhelmed but with horses you're going to need space. We'll see, I guess.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    The thing is I do not think consumers should have to pay $120 USD (if you use that currency, sorry I am not aware how it translates into other currencies so I go off of what I pay with) in order to get a full gameplay experience for animals.

The ranch style looks cool and all, but nectar making for a ranch theme? That could've came with my wedding stories. And goats? that made more sense with CL. I'm getting the feeling that they added random things to justify charging $40 USD instead of classifying it as a GP. I feel like they do this often (don't get me started on Dream Home Decorator, that was a stuff pack at GP price, but that's not the topic of this thread so I digress)

The goats look super adorable, but I don't know how I feel about this being an EP. And don't get me started on the possible kit that could be released with "extra" ranch themed assets like how country kitchen is basically assets from CL lol.
  • Options
    sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I wanted this, I asked for it specifically, I am happy. But this is the 4th time that the sims has used horses as an excuse to slip in a couple Native families. I think I have every world and there's no Natives anywhere.
    I want to buy it because I want more braids and I love playing with pets and animals but I'm worried that this is the first and last we're gonna see of ndn townies in the sims 4.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    But this is the 4th time that the sims has used horses as an excuse to slip in a couple Native families.

I'm confused by this statement. TS4 will be only the second time in the history of the Sims franchise that we have had horses. How can it be "the 4th time" for anything related to horses?
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Sad that the Center in the upcoming pack is yet another boring and un-editable rabbit hole. I feel like I'm playing Sims 3 the Sequel with all the annoying rabbit holes EA keeps giving us.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Please please please please please let there not be horses wandering through every world, all over my yards, along my downtown streets. I just can't with that again.

I’m hoping that they’ll do like werewolves, and if you choose, contain them to the pack world.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don’t think we’ll have horses wandering in every world.😆
    However, I do so hope that we can have horses in:
    Windenburg
    Henford
    Brindleton Bay
    Glimmerbrook
    Forgotten Hollow
    Oasis Springs
    Strangerville
    Sulani
  • Options
    NeeferNeefer Posts: 122 Member
    The fact that they separated different types of farm animals and made them different packs irritates me. I want to be excited, but I am not at all, because The Sims just feels like a cheap cash grab now. We had cats & dogs in one pack, then in another we have cows, llamas, chickens, foxes, and rabbits.. now we need a third for horses, goats, and sheep? It's just depressing at this point.

I understand why they do it, but as someone who has played The Sims since the day the original came out, this has become such a slap in the face.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    - horses are part of the family. In the article on sims community it states 'form special bonds with majestic horses that are customizable members of your family' So does this mean they take up a slot in the family. If so, then I really hope the sims team expands the maximum family members. They did expand family size in the sims 2. You could have up to 8 human sims in a family, up to 6 pets in a family and 12 members in total. So without mods you could create a family of 8 humans and 4 pets or 6 humans and 6 pets.
    - baby sheep and goats are cute but I really hope they grow up eventually. It only makes sense for them to not stay babies forever.
    - I wonder how nectar making differs from juice fizzing. This is mainly curiosity at the moment but since both are making drinks I hope they differ enough
    - I am worried how this pack integrates with other worlds. Will we be able to ride horses in other worlds? Will we see horses in other worlds. I agree with @SERVERFRA that it would make sense to see horses appear in some worlds but not in all
    - Another pack with exclusive items for early buyers. This is becoming an irritating habit. This is the fourth EP in a row using this pushy tactic. I really dislike this tactic. I think my sims will be stuck with the existing rocking chairs and guitar because I am planning to wait for a sale. Horses are not essential to my game, neither is the western vibe. If I get it, it will be for the world, the sheep and the nectar but not the main feature.
    - Please, please please let the painted ceiling be base game.

Note: this is not my full opinion. I also posted in the positive thoughts thread
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    The thing is I do not think consumers should have to pay $120 USD (if you use that currency, sorry I am not aware how it translates into other currencies so I go off of what I pay with) in order to get a full gameplay experience for animals.

The ranch style looks cool and all, but nectar making for a ranch theme? That could've came with my wedding stories. And goats? that made more sense with CL. I'm getting the feeling that they added random things to justify charging $40 USD instead of classifying it as a GP. I feel like they do this often (don't get me started on Dream Home Decorator, that was a stuff pack at GP price, but that's not the topic of this thread so I digress)

The goats look super adorable, but I don't know how I feel about this being an EP. And don't get me started on the possible kit that could be released with "extra" ranch themed assets like how country kitchen is basically assets from CL lol.

I assume the 120 $ / € is cats and dogs, horse ranch and cottage living?
    Not sure if cottage living should be in that list. I think the farm theme is enough to be considered it's own thing. But my first pets stuff should be mentioned as well when putting together all packs that are needed for the full pets experience.