Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least used pack..

What are your least used packs. Not the ones you like the least or anything, just the ones you rarely use anything from. You can remove them and wouldn’t notice!

Expansion - Get to work
Gamepack - Outdoor Retreat
Stuff pack - Luxury Party
Kit - Carnavale

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    1. Perfect Padio
    2. Bowling Alley
    3. Fitness
    4. Industrial Room
    5. Modern Menswear
    6. Carnivore
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Werewolves
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    I don't own any expansion packs that I wouldn't miss. As for the other content:

Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Snowy Escape
    Stuff packs: Bowling Night, Romantic Garden
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - Get to Work sadly just nothing to do
    - Cats and Dogs they are just so boring and take up a household slot
    - Eco Living I think the only thing I use from this pack is the dumpster on community lots good thing I purchased it half off
    - Jungle Adventure used it once got bored sent characters home to never return can't say I like the objects clothing or dance either
    - Strangerville played the story once and military career the entire reason I purchased it was a letdown I want my Sims 2 obstacle course we need meaningful career rewards again.
    - Luxury Party
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    sn4phsn4ph Posts: 17 Member
    Expansion: Get Together probably, haven't used clubs in a while
    Game Packs: Journey to Batuu, only reason I have it was because I got it for really cheap lol
    Stuff Packs: Luxury Party for obvious reasons. It barely has any stuff
    Kits: Bust the Dust, too much micromanaging.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    1. The kit that was free for a while some months ago, I can't remember the name. I am yet to use a single item from it, because I don't like the style. Now that I am thinking about it, perhaps I should desinstall it to free up some space.
    2. Cool kitchen. I keep placing ice cream machines but never using them
    3. - 4. Wedding stories and Werewolves. I am using the clothes and bb a lot, but I haven't used the main feature of either. I very much intend to, but there's always something else going on in my game that ends up catching my attention instead.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I use some objects or cas from nearly all packs so I am mainly thinking about the gameplay when making this list.

Expansion packs :
    - cats and dogs: I keep forgetting to add pets to my families
    - get famous. I only did the fame system once for the aspiration. I have fame turned off by default and wouldn't have bought the pack without that option
    game pack:
    - my wedding story: I stick with my sims for a long time so I don't do many weddings
    - vampires: I like occults and wouldn't want to miss werewolves, spellcasters, aliens and mermaids but vampires... Definitely not my favourite occults
    stuff packs :
    - perfect patio. What's the point of this pack after patching it's only reason to exist into the base game
    - back yard stuff: bought this to complete the collection
    - luxury party : the buffet table is nice but underused in my game
    Kits
    I only got a few and most of them are very recently so it is a bit early to tell. But I am picky about them and make sure to only get those I see myself using regularly
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2023
    So far: I have all pack packs: these I would say are my less used ones.

Bust the dust kit

Desert Luxe kit

Courtyard oasis kit

Journey to Batuu - haven’t got around to playing it yet

Romantic Garden ( though I use a few of the clothes and hairstyles. And maybe some of the plants occasionally. )

Paranormal - haven’t got around to playing it yet

As for expansions, I rarely send anyone to University, it doesn’t work well with rotation. and the town part has such small lots, but I do like some of the BB, clothing, and hairstyles..

Werewolves - I don’t play any occults much, but I haven’t explored Moonwood mill at all yet, I use some of the grungy stuff. My most used thing of this pack is the little werewolf doll….. lol.

I’m not sorry I purchased any of my packs, there are a few items in some packs that I use a lot even if it is only those few items. And, I have used something from every pack. Even if it’s just a hairstyle, clothes, a piece of furniture, a plant, a wall, a floor tile, or a child’s toy.

Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Journey to Batuu, that's the one for me in this case.

In other packs, I sometimes use the clothing items or build mode objects.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2023
    This kind of pained me since I use at least something from every single pack. I had to look at the store page to really narrow it down.

EP - Get to Work
    When the pack first came out I had a sim run an art gallery to sell paintings. I've played through the scientist career about 100 times it feels. Any other game play features with this pack I've never really touched. I mostly use this pack for Aliens and BB/CAS.
    GP - Journey to Batuu
    I'm going to lie to myself and say I got this pack on sale because I can't remember. I've never used it besides the stone flooring! I always say I will play through at least one story line but haven't.
    SP - Spooky Stuff
    I love anything Halloween. My sims had a spooky themed wedding when this pack came out (and I hate weddings). I've thrown a few costume parties and put out a candy bowl during Spooky Day holidays via Seasons... but not very often.
    Kit - Modern Menswear
    I bought this for few of my sims but I don't have a lot of sims with the same style. Johnny Zest, J Huntington III, and Joaquin Le Chien have an outfit or two using this kit.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2023
    I use all the packs for something essential build/cas/gameplay and it would be too late now to remove them so :sweat_smile: packs i don't have?

that said i haven't explored some of the gameplay at all yet like for instance eco lifestyle stuff cause my save is simply not in such situation

but i aspire to play it all eventually
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,037 Member
    I use things from most packs I have to say. If we're just talking about game features then I think Snowy Escape. I'm never in Mt Komorebi, and while I like the bb and cas objects I never use the features of the pack.

With Get to Work I use the retail feature all the time to make stores in various neighborhoods, but only due to Ravasheen's mods that make them usable. I never play store owner and rarely play the active careers.

I also don't play the jungle aspect of Jungle Adventure much, or even visit Selvadorada, but I use the BB all the time.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited June 2023
    EP: Probably City Living? Which is weird, because I have about a dozen families living in San Myshuno, more than any other world. But the CAS and BB are too colourful for my taste, I never visit the festivals on purpose, and only use one of the three careers regularly. I would take notice if the EP was suddenly removed from my game, but compared to the others, it's my least used one.

GP: Definitely Outdoor Retreat. Back when it was new in my game, I had my sims travel to Granite Falls occasionally, but quickly got bored. I still use the world today, after finding a mod to make it residential. But before that mod, I kept forgetting this pack even existed. Dine Out would be a close second, even though I put quite a few restaurants in my world, my sims rarely ever go there and have never owned one themselves.

SP: I was going to say My First Pet Stuff, but I do actually use the aquarium table a lot, and one of my dogs wears the dress that came with the pack. Movie Hangout Stuff I don't use at all, not the clothes, not the build items, and when my sims watch TV, it's usually the skill-building channels rather than movies.

Kits: The CAS kit that was free on GOG a little while ago (or was it Epic? Can't even remember). I only got it because it was free, even linked my accounts so I could add it to my game, but the clothes aren't my style at all, or at least I haven't found a sim to put them on yet.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    My least favourite pack would be pets. Love some of the stuff that came with it, but very disappointed that horses and other smaller pets weren't included and the animals take up a family spot yet can't be played!?. I would love to see a farm expansion that allowed multiple cows/llamas to a shed, had horses, goats, sheep, ducks, geese, swans, peacocks... as well as a farmer career path. Pets definitely didn't live up to the hype surrounding its release - unfortunately, typical of all Sims 4 releases.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Eco Lifestye: If we're strictly talking about features unrelated to build mode items, then I never use this. Otherwise it is probably my most used EP.

Get to Work: Dominated by rabbit hole careers, although I do like the military one because of the uniform you get at the end.

Laundry Day Stuff: I love this one so much but I stopped using it because washers and dryers would functionally break, by break, I mean they would stop working unless you remove them and place a new one. Same deal with the clothesline since it just a dryer with a different model. I got tired of doing that. (Note: my game is not updated to the current version yet, so the patch that probably addresses this I cannot test.)

Discover University: I've used this only once(I've sent only one Sim to the university).

Island Living, City Living, Get Together, Get Famous: Get Famous is nice in theory. When your fame is high though it pretty much bans all interaction from other sims unless you initiate interaction with them. Also the paparazzi kind of ruins it for me.

Snowy Escape: When this came out I thought it was the best expansion pack ever made lol. I rarely go to that mountain now though.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Jungle Adventure.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Get to Work: Dominated by rabbit hole careers, although I do like the military one because of the uniform you get at the end.

Get to Work doesn't add any rabbit hole careers. The Get to Work careers are: Detective, Doctor, Scientist, Retail Entrepreneur. All of these involve traveling with your sim to a work location, although the first three give you the option of sending your sim to work alone if you'd rather focus on a different household member. The military career comes with Strangerville.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Expansion - Get Famous
    Gamepack - werewolves
    Stuff pack - my first pet or romantic garden
    Kit - industrial loft
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I use all the packs, but Cool Kitchen is probably used least. I’ve never once used the cupcake maker.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Expansion- Get to work
    Gamepack- Dream home decorator
    Stuffpack- my first pets
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Hmm. It's really hard to say what I don't use, because there are packs that I don't own because I don't want that type of gameplay in my game (usually because it's something invasive that I can't turn off). But I suppose there are packs I have that I bought on sale, knowing I would use just tidbits out of them. As far as CAS, I probably use that segment from all packs that I own, because I am a rotational player/colonist and I love to create Sims, especially with themes. But If I were to base this on mostly gameplay, it would probably be something like this:

EP (I do not own High School or Growing Together): Eco Lifestyle. While I would love a nice, polluted ghetto, I don't like that I have to manage the environment absolutely everywhere. I don't like eco gameplay at all, recycling and all that, so I don't want to have to deal with all of the repeat household hassles just to have various environments. I also don't like a lot of those - what are they - NAPs? Some I'd love, but the bag head thing is just too goofy for me and the klepto one just sounds really irritating. Again, not the kind of gameplay I want to keep track of, and really can't if I'm jumping around and changing households all the time.

GP (I do not own Home Decorator, Wedding Stories, or Parenthood): Outdoor Retreat. I would love to see an update for this pack, as I do really love the idea of camping and hiking and wild forest. But honestly, there's just not much to do in this pack, especially when you compare it to what other game packs offer. It's crazy because Paranormal (a stuff pack) has more gameplay than this. They could update with the rabbits, foxes, maybe some raccoons, some kind of woodland threat (bigfoot maybe? Some nostalgia?) and fleshed out Plant Sims that could have a plethora of woodland CAS features so we could make different types, like tree, flower, vine, bush, berry, weed... This pack needs some love.

SP (Own all of them): Toddler Stuff, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Backyard, Fitness, Bowling, Tiny Living, Laundry. I pretty much don't use the gameplay from these, except for once in a great while with Fitness and Bowling. I guess I use the wind chimes from Backyard, lol. Small bits here and there. I don't regret getting any of them though. As the name states, they are mostly "stuff" and that's why I have them.

Kits (Don't own that many, so can't really weigh in. I like the ones I have.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2023
    I use all the packs, so this is hard for me. I own everything except Journey to Batuu and most kits.

EP - Eco Lifestyle & Discover University: I don't really like the gameplay, so I don't do it very often. I still play with these and there are some good things to experiment with (EL) or go for a proper grind (DU)! Also I like dumpsters and servos a lot.

GP - None, I like them all and use all. My least favourite is Realm of Magic, I love magic, just don't like the pack and I think this will reflect in the future me playing it less. It's just not giving me what I want. Another I don't like would be Spa Day, but it suits some of my sims, so can't really say I play it less.

SP - Cool Kitchen & My First Pet. Most forgettable although I have used them.

Kits - Only own a couple, least used is the kit we got for free I don't even remember the name. Have used it though.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    I don't own any expansion packs that I wouldn't miss. As for the other content:

Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Snowy Escape
    Stuff packs: Bowling Night, Romantic Garden

Snowy escape is EP 🙂
  • Options
    @JustinB113 Well, silly me. I classified Snowy Escape as a pack with only half the content of an EP. Can't imagine why I did that . . .
  • Options
    100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    gameplay wise: get together i just keep forgetting that clubs are a thing even when i am in a club
    cas wise: modern menswear i only use the shoes from there at this point
    build wise: vintage glamour mostly cause i dont play families that would have such lux furniture