Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Through The Ages - An EP Legacy Challenge!

Happy Saturday!

I have been writing a Sims 3 legacy story on my site and wanted to share the challenge I created.

The full details can be found here on my site but these are the general rules. Every generation has to focus on a specific expansion pack and only that expansion pack.

Game Set-Up
This challenge features all of the usual rules of a 10 generation legacy challenge; starting on an empty lot with only $1800 with a single founder and trying to get to ten generations. See Pinstar's legacy rules for the lowdown.

To set up, you will need a single founder that is base game only. It can be helpful to run the game from the launcher and uncheck all expansion packs. Stuff packs and store content are fine but if you want to find out their release dates and correspond it to the expansions and their generations – feel free! Ensure that your founder sim’s appearance, traits, outfits, and most importantly their lifetime wish is a base game one. If you are following the point based system then do not use the Surrounded by Family or Perfect Garden/ Perfect Private Aquarium Lifetime Wishes for your founder as they will be needed later in the challenge so you will lose out on “Unique Lifetime Wish” points.

Store worlds and Sunset Valley are your best bets, if you wish to use an EP world then you will need to concretely ensure that your entire legacy family have no access to those elements of the game until the appropriate generation. E.g. if you start in Bridgeport, you will need to disable vampirism, opt your family out of the celebrity lifestyle, and reset any spouses’ traits, careers and LTWs to match the required pack until Generation 4. You would also not be able to live in an apartment or have any of the gameplay or CAS/BB. You get the jist.

Rules
  • In order to complete a generation, your heirs, spares, and spouses will need to successfully complete a Lifetime Wish and get to level 10 of a career of that particular pack.
  • Your heirs and spares must have at least one trait that came with that generation’s pack. The remaining traits can only be preceding packs (e.g. gen 3 is allowed ambitions, world adventures, and base game. They cannot have late night onwards). So randomise at your own risk, it might be easier to assign traits.
  • Spouses of the founder, heir, and spares, must have either a base game Lifetime Wish and traits or the relevant generation. Do not give them preceding generations’ traits or wishes.
  • Your sims cannot have any CAS, BB or engage in any gameplay from a pack that is after their generation.

I'm currently finishing up generation two, World Adventures, in my story and am very excited to move onto Ambitions. I have completed this legacy once before and I was very sad to have not recorded any of it! I have a thread for my story or you can click my signature.

If you start the challenge or have any thoughts I would love to hear!

Happy Simming :mrgreen:
Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,890 Member
    edited February 7
    Generation One: Aurora Evergreen (Base Game)
    Gen-1-1500x500-1.jpg

Generation Two: Blair Evergreen (World Adventures)
    Gen-2-1500x500-1.jpg

Generation Three: Francesca Evergreen (Ambitions)
    Gen-3-1500x500-1.jpg
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Generation Four: Hattie Evergreen (Late Night)
    Gen-4-1500x500-1.jpg

Generation Five: Kressida Evergreen (Generations)
    Gen-5-1500x500-1-1.jpg

Generation Six: Persephone Evergreen (Pets)
    Gen-6-1500x500-1.jpg
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    So excited to continue my challenge into Ambitions and Late Night!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    jolly1995jolly1995 Posts: 27 Member
    Will give this a go! :-)
  • Options
    @jolly1995 amazing!! Keep me posted on how it goes 🥰
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Have completed the Late Night gen (story is currently releasing twice a week) and the Generations gen (story tbr on Christmas Eve) so now I get to unicorn hunt for gen 6!!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Almost half way through Generation VI on the blog and about to start on Generation VIII with Supernatural next, very excited as the story is about to get wild and magical (as if it wasn't already)...
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg