Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Farm with Loft

RieferballRieferball Posts: 36 Member
Hi all, I'm new here and this is my first build post! I started this one back when Cottage Living came out, which tells you how long it takes me to do a build, lol. Truthfully I move back and forth between my builds as I get new ideas. I have a few more that I may be able to finish and post shortly. But this is my favourite!

In this one, my idea and my challenge to myself was to build a "real" loft, like you see in a cottage. I did not succeed, because if you put a room up in the roof area without full walls around it, the game thinks it's outside and you get weird lighting effects. And none of the indoor lights work properly, but the outdoor ones stay on all night. Not really appropriate for a bedroom. You can make attic rooms if you keep the whole floor, but it was deleting half the floor to make a loft that made the game think my loft was outside. So I ended up having to make a room with walls. But it still looks pretty good, I think.

House exterior:

It's just a small cottage with an old walled-in side yard. Under that big maple is a picnic table and some seating, it was hard to get a picture because the maple keeps fading out when I get to close to it. On the other side is the pond with ducks in it.

yihb61jgbrxb.png
rtfsgby2hpxi.png
mih4rvj51eta.png
f4fcij4alxg0.png

Yard:

In the yard if you look at the first image, we have a chicken coop to the left, down and to the right of that are the ruins of an old stone wall or house, beside that is the barn with the animal sheds. Across the stream, behind the house are the fields for planting. The pond is under that weeping willow on the right, and you can actually see the picnic table I mentioned under the maple on the left of the house. The interior of the barn is pretty plain. I wanted to put a hayloft in there but was sick of messing with lofts at that point, lol.

ddspe8lahue7.png
ii7efabkpdze.png
kkatwzqaz59y.png
gg9qg1k312yw.png

House interior:

You can see the bathroom and kitchen under the rafters for the loft, and the living room in the open area. There's also a little desk in the bottom right corner which you can't see in the first shot, but it's there in some of the others.

trxojck8zb1c.png
im3qebd2fcp5.png
1bwzoo4wb57m.png
8fgzsu9y5wyq.png
96l6w9xqfekd.png
5mqq0mb6457m.png
d8pqcdx67n0f.png

Loft:

And finally, the loft. Now, if you actually want to download this cottage, you'll notice that the loft doesn't show in walls-up view, because the roof covers it. But you can see it in the other two views. And in build mode, you have to actually remove the roof to see the walls. Otherwise you can edit it in walls-down view.

aqkdayq5finh.png
3s9sn80n9dwi.png

And that's all! Hope you enjoy!

old55ba5826m.png

Comments