Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bought Roaring Heights world on EA App. Where is it?

I don't know how to get it in my game. The EA app has a green checkmark ("you own this add-on") but I don't see it anywhere in the Sims 3 Launcher.
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    I don't know,
    I could be wrong, I don't have the app but ~Doesn't the Store have it? You need to go to the Sims 3 store and download the world into the your game through the launcher/App.

The Sims 3 Launcher is just a connection to the store/site/ea and our games. :)

Sign in - https://store.thesims3.com/worldProductDetail.html?categoryId=12642
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    I found my product code at myaccount.ea.com
    I put it into the Sims 3 store and it worked! :)
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yay! Good job. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Back when Sims 3 was in its prime, adding and downloading a new world would be a rudimentary task.

However, it should be known that this new EA App that we've all been pushed to adopt has been nothing but a complexifier. Support for Sims 3 is waning. Still, it shouldn't discourage anyone from trying to play the game in 2023.

For future reference, you can't just go into the store to download the worlds but need to first search for your code on the EA website after purchasing it via the EA App (couldn't that just be included in the confirmation email, or in the EA App itself? Who knows! 4 locations to install some DLC into your game: EA App --> EA website --> Sims 3 Store --> Sims 3 Launcher).
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I will say the journey has been well worth it. I am very much enjoying Roaring Heights. The design is exquisite.

I couldn't afford to pay $35 on a world back in 2013, so now I pay the $35 a decade later in 2023.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    You should build a diving lot in RH. It's a great ocean world.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Even when everything else becomes unnecessarily complex and tedious at least the price tags are consistent.
  • Options
    Oh my the RH library is dreadful. Needs a renovation!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Just downloaded your RH library renovation @michellehilbrand It's great, thanks :smiley:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8127186
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Complexifier is my new favorite word. You hit the nail right on the head as far as EA app is concerned. I am a big Roaring Heights fan and so glad you are enjoying it. Yes, the library got no love.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I need to check that library. I have renovated it once but it is too much nowadays. LOL

I bought simpoints a few weeks ago and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I went to play Sims 3 after not touching it for the past month and got "a serious error has occurred while loading roaring heights.sims3"

I've tried all of the fixes: making sure the sims 3 folder isn't open anywhere, disabling antivirus software, and turning off read-only on the folder. I just can't load that save (or any of the 5 roaring heights backups). I'm at the point where I want to give up on the game and uninstall.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited June 2023
    I went to play Sims 3 after not touching it for the past month and got "a serious error has occurred while loading roaring heights.sims3"

I've tried all of the fixes: making sure the sims 3 folder isn't open anywhere, disabling antivirus software, and turning off read-only on the folder. I just can't load that save (or any of the 5 roaring heights backups). I'm at the point where I want to give up on the game and uninstall.

Check that the world hasn't become uninstalled. I get that message when I haven't installed a world but it could have become uninstalled in your game. Actually, it isn't uninstalled, but a file it needs may have become deleted.

Have a look in your Sims 3 folder for the Installed Worlds folder. Make sure the roaringheights.world file is in that folder. If it isn't and you're sure it has been installed in your current game, then you could try a trick similar to one I use to get things back into my library.

You can't install the world again if it's already been installed but there is something you can do that might fix the problem if the problem is caused by the world file being missing from your Installed Worlds folder.

There are a few steps and I don't know if it'll work for you or not.

Here are the steps.

1. Shut down the game (if it's open)
    2. Rename your current The Sims 3 folder so the game can't find it when you try to launch.
    3. Launch the game - this will make a fresh Sims 3 folder.
    4. Place the RoaringHeights.Sims3Pack file into the Downloads folder of the new The Sims 3 folder
    5. Install the missing world into that new Sims 3 folder.
    6. Look in the new Installed Worlds folder and pick up the roaringheights.world file
    7. Place the new roaringheights.world file into the Installed Worlds folder in The Sims 3 folder you renamed. The one with your game saves in it.
    8. rename or delete the new sims 3 folder after you've successfully copied the roaringheights.world file into the renamed The Sims 3 folder
    9. Rename the old The Sims 3 folder back to its original name ie. The Sims 3

Try launching a game and see if that fixes the problem.

Good luck and Happy Simming

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Karritz wrote: »

Check that the world hasn't become uninstalled. I get that message when I haven't installed a world but it could have become uninstalled in your game. Actually, it isn't uninstalled, but a file it needs may have become deleted.

Have a look in your Sims 3 folder for the Installed Worlds folder. Make sure the roaringheights.world file is in that folder. If it isn't and you're sure it has been installed in your current game, then you could try a trick similar to one I use to get things back into my library.

You can't install the world again if it's already been installed but there is something you can do that might fix the problem if the problem is caused by the world file being missing from your Installed Worlds folder.

There are a few steps and I don't know if it'll work for you or not.

Here are the steps.

1. Shut down the game (if it's open)
    2. Rename your current The Sims 3 folder so the game can't find it when you try to launch.
    3. Launch the game - this will make a fresh Sims 3 folder.
    4. Place the RoaringHeights.Sims3Pack file into the Downloads folder of the new The Sims 3 folder
    5. Install the missing world into that new Sims 3 folder.
    6. Look in the new Installed Worlds folder and pick up the roaringheights.world file
    7. Place the new roaringheights.world file into the Installed Worlds folder in The Sims 3 folder you renamed. The one with your game saves in it.
    8. rename or delete the new sims 3 folder after you've successfully copied the roaringheights.world file into the renamed The Sims 3 folder
    9. Rename the old The Sims 3 folder back to its original name ie. The Sims 3

Try launching a game and see if that fixes the problem.

Good luck and Happy Simming

Karritz!! You're on to something. While the roaringheights.world file is in the folder, when I go to launch the game and start a new save file in the main menu, the world is not showing up at all as an option. So no wonder my save isn't running. I'll investigate and see why my installed store content is "uninstalling." Thank you so much.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Okay, so I'm in the launcher installing all of my store content. I get the confirmation that Roaring Heights is installed. I press play, launch TS3, and...Roaring Heights is not there. I open the launcher again and I'm back to square one. All the store content isn't recognized as installed.

ETA: FIXED. Deleted my entire DCCache, Downloads, and Installed Worlds folders. Launched the game, closed it, downloaded all of my store content, installed the content through the launcher, and put my save back in.

Thank you @Karritz for pointing out it could be a store content issue. I wouldn't have realized. All of the forum and google posts regarding the error suggest it's about your computer trying to access your Sims 3 folder while the game is running.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited June 2023
    @simmerorigin I get the message you mentioned above when returning to a world in my Big Game that has about 13 worlds in it and my sims travel between them. I tend to Save As often so have a recent good saved version of the game.

The thing I do when a Sim can't arrive in the world and I get the 'Serious Error had occurred' message I go into the save folder and have a look at the size of the nhd file of the world they were trying to travel to. Since they've been in a different world that nhd file size should be exactly the same as it was in a previous save. I generally find it has changed size. This tells me it is probably corrupt. So I grab a copy of the nhd file from the last good save and put it into the Save for that version of the game. Then I relaunch and get my sims to travel to that world again. So far it has worked every time.

This is just a thought on something else you might check if you have a similar problem again.

I'm glad you managed to fix your game. One other thing, once you have a good clean install of all of your Store content it is a good idea to back up that Sims 3 folder so you can use is to replace a Sims 3 folder that becomes corrupt again.

I have a video on how to get Store content back into the library if it goes missing. It's in the tutorials in my YT channel. The missing Store content is so repetitive I made the video so I didn't have to keep typing out a working process of fixing it.

Also keep a good copy of your ccmerged.package from your DCBackup folder. It contains the information the game needs to make your premium content work.

missingdeps.idx sometimes becomes corrupt and needs to be deleted to get content back into the game. The game will generate a fresh copy of it if it is missing.

I hope you won't need any of this info but if you are aware of it then you will have an idea of how to fix things when they go wrong.

Happy Simming

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Karritz - I've started deleting missingdeps.idx every time as part of my closing routine so that I force my game to spawn a new one every game session - it's actually helped keep my game running smoothly. Should be included in the list of cache clearing every time one plays the game.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Making sure this thread is active so it gets transferred to the new forum
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Back when Sims 3 was in its prime, adding and downloading a new world would be a rudimentary task.

However, it should be known that this new EA App that we've all been pushed to adopt has been nothing but a complexifier. Support for Sims 3 is waning. Still, it shouldn't discourage anyone from trying to play the game in 2023.

For future reference, you can't just go into the store to download the worlds but need to first search for your code on the EA website after purchasing it via the EA App (couldn't that just be included in the confirmation email, or in the EA App itself? Who knows! 4 locations to install some DLC into your game: EA App --> EA website --> Sims 3 Store --> Sims 3 Launcher).

Where did you find the code on the EA website? I am thinking of buying a world, so that information would be good.
  • Options
    edited March 4
    candyboot wrote: »

Where did you find the code on the EA website? I am thinking of buying a world, so that information would be good.

You go to ea.com.

Then you click that avatar symbol at the top right and sign in.

Then you click your avatar again and click on account settings. This changes the URL to myaccount.ea.com, which you can't access directly.

Then you click on order history.

Then you click on the plus button to expand the relevant order.

Then you have your product code for the next step on the Sims 3 Store website.🤦