Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about family dynamics and Milestones

I know those are two different parts, but it's the same pack, and found in a similar area in the panel. I played for about 6 hours tonight, after getting the mods back in my game, and with some trial and error worked my way through some of the new features.

I was able to get into the save I made just for growing together and was updating some things I realized I missed adding, like sentiments, and then I started adding in family dynamics and the new compatibility stuff. Making sure all the sims who are supposed to love each other do.

Here's where things got tricky:
Why aren't step-parents included in family dynamics? I noticed this with 2 families. One was the Bjersen (?) family. His wife had triplets with one of my other sims in this save, and he was going to adopt them as care dependents. And then he and his wife had another baby right after. But when i went to age them up today, he couldnt have a dynamic with the triplets at all, only his biological children and his wife. But everyone else could because they were blood related.
The second was the Beaker family from Sims 2 (I believe), I had gotten them from Maxis on the gallery. And moved Nervous Subject in with his mother. So it's just the Beakers. Circle can only have a dynamic with her husband. But Loki (?) and the children can all have dynamics together.

Idk that's kind of weird message to send. Step- relationships don't count.

Why isn't there a way to edit dynamics of family members not in your household, using the new family relationship tab, without hoping for a pop-up? It just would make it a lot easier.
Related to that, as we now know they didn't do a family tree update. So relationship weren't updated that way. When I go to the family tab, even though my main sims know everyone of note in each other's family lines; only their own known family tree shows up. Emphasis on known. I have one Sim who doesn't know her grandparents purposely bc they're awful. And I had forgotten to the introduce the other to her grandparents because I made them after I made her. And she had her own home already. In her tab she only knew her parents and brother. While the grandparents knew their kids, and their one grandson.

It just seems like an actual family tree update with this would've made this issues non-existent. But I'm wondering if anyone knows anyway to fix this or around it?

My second question is about Milestones. I remembered during the livestream they said their would be cheats to get rid of quirks or to add them. But is there a way to cheat Milestones that same way? I tried to find it but couldn't figure out what I saw. It didn't work. I also didn't see the quirk one. But I was more focused on Milestones.

I wanted it for the households that I populated with babies, like the aforementioned, but that I'm not actively playing. I just turned aging on for them. But I don't want the babies to not get the proper amount of skills and stuff. Especially since they've been set to unplayed.

Any help on that too would be greatly appreciated.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    There are problems with how the game recognizes adoptive parents etc. and some of that obviously carried over to this pack. I'm really hoping for a family tree update in the future. I rarely look at the tree because it's so awful. Just yesterday I did and what I noticed was that the game had erased an aunt who died years ago and who I used to play.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    OK I figured something out. You know how if you click on sim profile, right-click I think, on the sentiments drop-down you can add sentiments to one Sim, the other, or both?

Figured that out like a month or two ago. Pretty sure it's a mod, maybe not. Either way it's an option. Well I decided to try that in relationships, in sim profile. Mostly it was an accident, I had meant to click sentiments, and accidentally brought up the bit about realtionship bits.

Most of the times, this isn't that useful for me, it's easier to use mcc to add family. But! Turns out in these, really long scroll (similar to the one for adding traits in shift-click) the new Relationship Dyanmics are there. So you can click and add them to your family members without waiting for the pop-up. ALSO you can add them to step-children.

Now to be fair, if you go into CAS they still won't be recognized. It's like they don't count. But the dynamic is still on their profile. I'm still working on it. Using some sims that randomly married and happened to have kids already.

But I thought I should share this here since I posted looking for help.

Pretty sure it's UI Cheats helping here or maybe a combination of things. Idk if it'll continue to work once I leave these sims. But if anyone is playing with a blended family, this is an option.

Oh also in that drop-down there's even options for "Cousin" and the like. So you could change a lot without ever having to get too complicated. As long as your sims have met you're good.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: