Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans for Growing Together?

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm going to use personality clashes/family dynamics to enhance all of the existing premades. Examples...
    • Attempt to split up Bob and Ewwliza. Their bio says they shouldn't be happy together. I'm going to make it happen.
    • Make the Goths more outwardly romantic/loving/into PDA if possible (Morticia & Gomez Addams style).
    • Re-attach Jonny Zest to the Landgraabs and make the relationship contentious with Nancy/Malcolm, but healthy with Geoffrey (he's Good so doubt he'd disown his son for something like following his dreams).
    • Fix the supposed love triangle in the BFF household and give them appropriate preferences based on MySims wiki.
    • Make Evil/Mean sims such as Max Villareal, Malcolm Landgraab and Vlad more actively mean.
    • Make jokers like Johnny Zest, Molly and Mitchell Kalani more inclined towards comedy or mischief where appropriate.
    • Make serious seeming sims (such as the Fengs or Agnes) less inclined towards comedy and more inclined towards sedate/serious conversation topics and activities.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I will probably not change much about my saves for this pack. My main multigenerational rotational save has plenty of sims of every age group so I'll probably just add the new gameplay as it fits in while I rotate through my families. Once they patch whatever bugs come with it I can buy this one at any time, unlike high school years that I'm holding off on until my 3rd generation finishes aging up to YA so I can switch to active school with the generational change.

I'm thinking about moving my retirement community to the new world, since it comes with activities for elders built in. They have been in Sulani for a long time so I am kind of ready for a change. I'm getting to the point where there are more worlds than I need for the number of families I play, so besides that I am thinking about filling the world with a lot of community lots to work as club hangouts, particularly for the children's clubs.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers!

Don't really have any families, just looking forward to the new pack!
    and hope that it has more than seven lots! :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I'll not get the pack on release because I'll probably be leaving home for 3-4 weeks right after. But I already did some planning for it, so I might get it late April instead. Meaning more time to plan *after* knowing what is actually in there.

Basically, San Sequoia will be located in my Region 6 Aarbyville. I already renamed two of the hoods to match better with my universe. There will be a dukedom with seat in Anchorpoint Wharf, the Duke and Duchess of Aarbyville unfortunately can not have children, such a bummer re this pack, but I'll deal with that later. Aarbyville is orginally a pirate harbor based on my Sims Medieval, and there is even a Jacobian church in Aarby (Gilbert) Gardens, which might become a popular spot for future weddings. The Priest needs to find himself a wife and have a bunch of kids, I guess. Also the duke's brother, Lord Vincent Hugo Edvin de Croismare needs a wife to join him in his manor at Aarby (Hopewell) Hills. If the duke remains childless, Lord Vincent will succeed to the dukedom, eventually, so he & wife should start producing future lords and ladies right away. I won't plann more families untill I know how many lots there will be.

A also planning some new clubs, including a Power Walking Club for elders. And In think Aarby Gardens will need a public Aquarium, both for tourists to learn about the local sealife and fiishing traditions, and to be the entrance lot to the water park.

In other worlds I will plan for some elder day centers, with games and some gymnastics, but I guess I need more info first.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2023
    My main family's heir is from Mt. Komorebi (He's about 1/4th Shang Simla-ian, 2/4ths Komorebian, 1/4th white Selvadoradian*), while his wife (currently, girlfriend) is from Tartosa. Their kids will have mixed heritage, and they'll be experiencing both cultures as they interact with all their relatives.
    xsum5IN.png
    Ren Steller and his girlfriend, Mia Romanza. Ren is a Secret Agent, while Mia is a Lifeguard who's considering getting into politics. They currently live in Sulani.

The kids have cousins and grandparents in both Mt. Komorebi and Tartosa, a great-grandfather in Windenburg, a great-grandmother and great-great-grandfather in Brindleton Bay, a great-great-great-great grandfather in Moonwood Mill (Greg), a distant ancestor traveling the world, and countless other, distant relatives. The kids will be learning about their family members, growing up and learning from all of them.

*To make it clear since it sounds confusing: Ren's paternal grandmother (Kaye) is Asian/White, his paternal grandfather (Sterling) is White Latino; his maternal Grandmother (Fan) is Asian (Chinese), while his maternal grandfather (Rei) is Asian (Japanese.) I threw in Chinese lineage to justify Ren's mom (Fei) and paternal uncle (Fen) having Chinese names.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Another thing I definitely plan to do is have my vampire find a lost baby and raise it to an infant. Since I never age sims it will probably remain an infant but I think it will be cute to see my vampire speeding around with a baby on his back. And trying to balance life between caring for a baby and being a semi evil vampire lol

That is the first gameplay idea I have heard that is interesting to me. Mostly I was just planning on buying it for the new stuff.

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2023
    The only thing I want to do is to kick adult sims everytime their A.I. makes them do something stupid and/or cancels an order. That'll makeup for 8.5 years of frustration!
    Oh and also kick Budget Bella Goth, just for existing, because this makeover is criminal...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

My plans are to check out the new world and new lots. My main focus is on the waterpark and the rabbithole cinema. I also want to check out that recreation center which I think is a new lot type as well.

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member

I remember when City Living was announced, and I made a new sim who I played for a few months before release and I really enjoyed it so I thought I'd do it again. I've made a new sim, who is currently working up the ladder as a salary person. During down time, she is knitting, painting and collecting (so I can decorate her future home) I'm desperately holding out for the EP and infants update to start a family, so I may make a male sim who she can marry. I usually have single parent sims but with the new EP, it only seems right to have two parents as I'm looking forward to my sim having grandkids.

Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I already made the perfect couple and downloaded the generations build deligracy did on YT the other week, and updated it to fit me more. They aren't expecting yet, but I made then super loving, really good in their skills, careers, and educational backgrounds (all the way back to highschool).

Essentially I've been nesting in a new save file. The house has 4 bedrooms, so one is currently set up as a toddler room, but I'm thinking of editing things a bit. Either to add a small nursery just for infants, or make it and infant/toddler room. There's a children's room with two loft beds and desks. And one room for a teenager. I figured I'd only let them have as many kids as they can fit in there, and maybe leave room for a pet.

As for the rest of the save, I'm slowly populating it with babies. Currently aging is off. It's been off since HSY. So once infants come I will probably age up the babies themselves. Just to make sure no mote aging bugs. But everyone is having children. Some already were bc of neighborhood stories.

But I'm updating houses too. So that, even if I don't play these sims, the kid actually has somewhere to sleep when they age up.

Other than that I'm not doing too much with my save. Just bringing it up to par. Anything I particularly wanted to put in neighborhoods, like restaurants, will go in. I'll download a few more houses from the gallery. And maybe move the sim I made when we first heard about infants over to this save. So I can play both families.

Right now though, the main family isn't doing much. And I'm playing with other sims. Because they are going to be the focus as I explore everything with infants.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    MY legacy sim gets a new start and a makeover. Going to have her attend UNI before her career then family.

Me6jHjT.png

kLVXE12.png

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Have they said anything about how long the infant stage will last? I have been making plans for how I might redo my custom age spans in MCCC based on the theory that they might be infants for a full week. But it would be nice to know for sure.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I started building houses with 3-5 bedrooms so have enough room for a family with more children and a room for grandparents. Trying to do more ranch/one floor style homes, but I do love an upstairs so having hard time choosing ones to start with!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I'm not one to make plans, per se. I will incorporate what the pack offers into my Sims play as it fits. I do the same for all packs. I've read where some play them exclusively, and yes, I do use Get Famous a lot, but that isn't to the exclusion of the other packs I own. ::Shrugs:: I'm just happy that they showed items for the new Infants, such as a play mat for the baby. I look forward to that. Until I have the pack, itself, I don't know what all is in it. EA teases, but happily, doesn't show us everything.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'll be revisiting some households I haven't played in a while, and updating them to get them ready to finally start their families. I believe I have three couples that are already engaged, so I'll probably try to get them through their weddings and honeymoons, and spend a little time together in married life before I get the pack. I have at least one more couple that I intend to get together but they haven't even started dating yet, so I'll probably work on that this month.

Then I also have a single mom that I have put on hold for a couple of years, ever since she gave birth to her first baby, thinking we might eventually get a pack like this. My storyline for her is that she's very sweet, but a bit hapless... she doesn't have much luck with romantic relationships, or finding The One, but all she's ever wanted is to be the best mom in the world, so she ends up having a household full of children with different men, but will be determined to prove that she can still give them all the perfect upbringing. Of course, eventually, much further down the road, I'd like to give her a happy ending with a great partner. This was sort of very loosely inspired by the 100 Baby Challenge; I never play challenges, can't be bothered with all the rules, and there are also some things about the 100 Baby Challenge specifically that I personally find rather disturbing... but I wanted to take something from the concept and run with it in my own way.

Now that we know there's some gameplay for elders/grandparents, I may wait until the pack comes out and then go into some of my households and add parents for my existing sims, then move them into their own homes. I've done this with previous packs as well, and it seems particularly appropriate for this one. For example, with Cottage Living, I added Cornelia Goth as Mortimer's mom, and then gave her a couple of non-canon Crumplebottom siblings to move out and into their own households in Henford. (I was hoping to also make Agnes another sibling for them, but couldn't figure out a convenient way to do it that would work for me.) That has also worked pretty well for me as a way to basically backfill the family tree.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

Are people going to have their sims live in the new world? I think I will, I like to be in the expansion/pack world and fully immerse in it. But this would be really fun with cottage living too I think. I don’t expect it but it would be really funny if there was child interaction with the cottage animals.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    well plan one is to get my legacy couple speaking again .i'm on A and they got divorced and haven't said a word to each other in 2 or 33 months.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    This pack will be perfect for my main save as they're just starting a new family.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    None really. Business as usual. Some of my sims in my main save currently have babies and some are planning to have kids eventually so the integration of the pack will happen naturally. Sure, would be kinda nice if some of my in-game born sims who are now adults could have utilized these features when growing up but I really can't be bothered to restart, nor do I want to play like that. I have never played a "same story again", if I restart it's more like an alternate universe where things might go totally different. So, as it is, if there turns out to be some fitting traits or such I would like my already grown up sims to have then I'll just cheat them in lol.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Right now I'm most eager to find out is whether there is a lot approaching the water park. I want a community lot to be the entrance point to that park, in order to add specific facilities like a café or a maritim museum, and to adjust the content over time. Some sort of an imaginary ticket reception and perhaps acouple offices for any sim I might decide to work there and "run" the place. I do hope there is a lot very close to the park area, the size of it is no issue.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm not going to get the pack immediately after release, but I'm busy prepping my legacy save for the infants update. Currently I have to move out my heir (who's already a YA and has finished university), find a partner and then marry and get pregnant of course. :smile:
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm still trying to decide which of my three sisters is going to have a baby. Guess I'll figure that out this weekend.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'm still trying to decide which of my three sisters is going to have a baby. Guess I'll figure that out this weekend.

On second thought I'm going to wait until we get the new likes and dislikes. That way I can make a sim in CAS who'll hopefully be compatible with and attracted to the sister I choose. I'm almost sure I'm going with Hannah, the second sister. So I'll use this time to play her and get her started at with Uni and a career.
  • Options
    yumemitchiyumemitchi Posts: 24 Member
    probably play with a family but first enter cas and look at the infants.
    ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ . ̫ . ⸝⸝ ꒱ა
    i love pink ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ . ̫ . ⸝⸝ ꒱ა 💕💕1yo8yva6q5ot.jpg