Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I can’t stand this “will you be my best friend” and “let’s move in together” pop ups. i get them from sims I JUST MET. It’s a way too over powered system and quite frankly is ruining the gameplay that I do actually enjoy.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    There's a way for not getting a negative sentiment from decline the move in interaction. You should say yes, and when you get the who would move panel just press the X. No negative sentiment and no move-in!
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    There's a way for not getting a negative sentiment from decline the move in interaction. You should say yes, and when you get the who would move panel just press the X. No negative sentiment and no move-in!

Oh man I wish I had known this! My legacy founder had met her match, but they were just friends and getting to know each other (romance seems to take a bit longer now, since orientations and compatibility were added) and all of a sudden he was like "can I move in, buddy?"

It did actually make some sense as I had him living in a trashed apartment in Evergreen Harbor and her house is gorgeous. :D Still it felt too soon so I declined.

I was doing "smooth apologies" for DAYS after that.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    A few milestones are missing that I feel should be included. My sims have moved house twice now. It would be a nice touch to have a milestone for that.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    To sum up my awfully long post, this pack do enhance gameplay, creates more obstacles for sims and contact with other it’s not always rosy. The friendship bar for fresh sim goes up painfully slow and finally my sims stopped getting friends on the go.

Uh-oh, the new compatibility feature was something I really looked forward too. Is it hard for sims to make friends now? Similar to how it was in Sims 2, or even harder?

• Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    To sum up my awfully long post, this pack do enhance gameplay, creates more obstacles for sims and contact with other it’s not always rosy. The friendship bar for fresh sim goes up painfully slow and finally my sims stopped getting friends on the go.

Uh-oh, the new compatibility feature was something I really looked forward too. Is it hard for sims to make friends now? Similar to how it was in Sims 2, or even harder?

I decided to play one of my rotational sims as a romantic singer/singwriter whose instincts got her in trouble. She met Bob P (in my game he looks very hip) at the Blue Velvet and thought an affair with a married man would be a good story for her. They had "Awful" compatibility or something like that. Basically, the worst you can have.

It was difficult but not impossible to make them friendly. It involved trying a few different socials and figuring out what gave him negative points vs positive. Turns out he didn't like small talk so I just had to avoid that. Things progressed a lot more slowly than they did before we had compatibility, but I only had to resort to taking selfies once. They did eventually become flirty (w/negative friendship bar), then friendly, then romantic. All in all about 3 "sim dates" but I wasn't constantly having them interact. It was more that he'd come over after her work day or something, or she'd go back to the bar with him.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Hating the way the game assigns dislikes for no reason. Before I play I have to check everyone and get rid of them. And then the do you want to be jealous popup and even though said no, now stuck with fear of cheating spouse.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    The milestones bug has dampened my limited playtime as a rotational player. When I visited the household of the infant in my avi I felt deflated to see she couldn't even sit in the high chair. Only the pictures remain which were taken pre-pack. It's like playing and exiting without saving. Whenever the bug is fixed I hope it's not for "new saves only." Should have kept my wallet closed.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm really saddened by the milestones bug too. This could have been one of my favourite packs and I was so excited to be playing it... but since I discovered the milestones bug I haven't touched my game, for me it's just impossible to play at all :(
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    So regarding this infant milestone bug…

Are y’all saying that if I were to have my Sim teach their infant to crawl, save the game, switch to another household, play with them for a bit, save the game, then switch back to the original household - the infant won’t know how to crawl anymore? I’ll have to get my Sim to teach them all over again?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited April 2023
    I'm not sure how the bug works exactly. For myself simply rotating to other households didn't trigger it - wisiting a household who had an infant did. But I've read varying reports how it works (some say travelling triggers it, not even rotational play). I'm not interested in checking the infant households after each day and returning to a previous backup in case the milestones have disappeared...
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited April 2023
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    A little longer playing with the pack and WOW is it still excessive how aggressively new traits want to be applied.

Have Sim workout: slips on treadmill once. "Are you clusmsy? Are you!?", Sim finishes workout and starts walking to shower, starts showing "You are a slob now, yes?" it then proceeds to pop up twice while said Sim is still showering.

Not helped this is the first save I've started with a house of 3 instead of a single Sim, getting way too many popups all too often when someones working out.

This is the big problem with a lot of the systems.

If you’re playing a single sim that gets a fear of going to work it was fine. If you had three working sims that fear was on rotation every single day. Same with the best friend and crushes.

My understanding is that the self discovery only happens 3 times for each sim though so once you start accepting the changes that should calm down.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Honestly did they even test this game? Child aspiration sleep in a treehouse is broken, practice riding a bike looks weird (riding over foundations), tooth missing aging to teen skin bug which is unfixable? wth?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited April 2023
    PtcI1wP.png

Kinda tempted to say yes just to see in how many horrific ways the dog getting a sim trait would break my game.
    Not playing with any pet mod, the only reason I could see this happening is this is a haunted house lot type and everyone is constantly on the verge of becoming paranoid.
    Post edited by happyopi on
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @happyopi lol, you should have said yes and then let us all know what it's like having a paranoid dog.
  • Options
    Hoss38Hoss38 Posts: 9 New Member
    I feel really disappointed with the pack. Sure we got some cool things like treehouses, puzzles, and family dynamics. But I just feel like there's something missing. There's only a few new options for family gameplay. Sure baby showers and family reunions are awesome, but there's only a few new interactions.
  • Options
    didka222didka222 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Cherryrose_x said:
    > Has anyone tried the kids new aspirations?
    >
    > I can't seem to get the 'Go 12 hours without a negative need moodlet' to work. Like I have micromanaged her for a couple sim days now and none of them have even sunk to amber... She has had other negatives as she is hot headed, but as it is specifically said NEED surely that shouldn't impact it?

I have been scouring online to see if there is a trick to this. I have done it for DAYS! And my little girl can't get it to unlock. I know Achievements are NOT aspirations, but boy oh boy does this feel like the TV/Radio channels achievement all over again. I don't know what is keeping it from registering. Is it the traits she has from the Rewards Store? Is leaving the lot for school in the way? Is she not allowed to sleep? I don't know. I'm gonna try keeping her up for 12 hours and see if that works. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone... ANYONE... has figured this out. lol

> @Cherryrose_x said:
    > I didn't figure it out... I ended up cheated (which I hate doing!) but I wanted her to get that completed before she aged up and she was holding up my whole save! Now I can rotate through and enjoy some infants!

For this the color in the lower left corner showing the child should also be in green - HAPPY and do not have any other moods such as confident, inspired, etc.
    Every hour counts down with a chime sound and a dollar icon.
  • Options
    didka222didka222 Posts: 2 New Member
    Every 12 hour I mean, I have 2/3 now
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    didka222 wrote: »
    Every 12 hour I mean, I have 2/3 now

I had no problem getting it. I made sure all her needs were maxed out, then I had her sleep in the treehouse where nobody could bother her and she got it. I watched like a hawk until the 12 hours were up.
  • Options
    kirsteypkirsteyp Posts: 2 New Member
    The world is so boring and it does not worth the price . Some gameplay is good but not enough as an expansion pack. EA should focus more on gameplay
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    kirsteyp wrote: »
    The world is so boring and it does not worth the price . Some gameplay is good but not enough as an expansion pack. EA should focus more on gameplay

Why I am waiting for a good sale as I feel it brings not much to the table for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Meh, I just held my first slumber party in a household with a single parent and her son. It did not go well.

The goal for telling 2 stories from the sleeping bag did not tick off, the goal for 1 sim sleeping did not tick off - my sim slept but I don't know if the goal is for guests only - NONE of the guests slept at all. I asked them to set up their sleeping bags, which they duly did. Then they went off to watch tv.

When I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried, I even formed a club and made the only activity sleeping. Still they did not sleep!
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    Meh, I just held my first slumber party in a household with a single parent and her son. It did not go well.

The goal for telling 2 stories from the sleeping bag did not tick off, the goal for 1 sim sleeping did not tick off - my sim slept but I don't know if the goal is for guests only - NONE of the guests slept at all. I asked them to set up their sleeping bags, which they duly did. Then they went off to watch tv.

When I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried, I even formed a club and made the only activity sleeping. Still they did not sleep!

I had this trouble the first time I had my sim have a slumber party as well. You have to have your host sim tell the others that it is bed time. You do it like you do when you ask them to set up the sleeping bags.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I've still not bought the pack. I can't justify paying full price for it. I bet its great gameplay but for full price it seems so lacklustre.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    @SimMommy05 thanks for the info, I didn't see that option at all.

But my sim is doing the slumber party aspiration so I will look very carefully next time he holds a sleepover.