Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2nd Expansion pack of 2023 might be about music bands/singers career?

lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
We already know that the world in the newest EP is perhaps called San Sequoia and it makes me think of a few things:
1. Obviously, this world is based on San Francisco, which is in California
2. Sequoia is a kind if huge tree, which makes me think of improved family TREES and family gameplay.
3. There is a Sequoia National Park near San Francisco, but it still a little bit closer to Los Angeles.
4. During October 2022 summit we have got arts of two new worlds: one of them is San Sequoia, and the other looks a bit like Los Angeles.
5. Los Angeles make me think of celebrities. But since we have actors and influencers already, my last bet are bands, musicians, singer etc.

It might be a little bit far-fetched and we still have lots of time but that could work! Not to mention bands ( like in The Sims 3 late night) and active singer career (like in The Sims 3 Showtime) have been very highly requested option for quite a long time

Comments

• Options
    IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    It might be. The only highly requested themes that come to my head for an expansion pack are a family pack (which is basically confirmed), a musical pack and a summer vacation pack.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    It's a nice idea, but Get Famous already gave us Del Sol Valley, which is based on LA - in particular Hollywood and the Hollywood Hills part.

I'd be up for another city-based expansion, but I don't know if it'd be the likely spot for bands (unless they go old-school and give us Liverpool)
  • Options
    IVXXXVI wrote: »
    It might be. The only highly requested themes that come to my head for an expansion pack are a family pack (which is basically confirmed), a musical pack and a summer vacation pack.

true. Fairies will be 100% game back and horses perhaps as well
  • Options
    It's a nice idea, but Get Famous already gave us Del Sol Valley, which is based on LA - in particular Hollywood and the Hollywood Hills part.

I'd be up for another city-based expansion, but I don't know if it'd be the likely spot for bands (unless they go old-school and give us Liverpool)

San Myshuno was also based on San Francisco and yet we are getting second world based on San Francisco (San Sequoia) so who knows.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

Hey, back in the day we used to have what was called Band-Wars. This was a chance for the different bands from around the area to perform. No need to skulk off to Liverpool, although that's not a bad idea, either. Just pick a large parking lot, set up a stage and voila. Let the 'games' begin.

I am, originally, from California. San Myshuno is NOT San Francisco, by any stretch. Sorry, @lunnarila . There is no bay, and most importantly no famous bridge. We won't even discuss that lack of steep streets. Now, Del Sol Valley, is based off of Los Angeles (City of Angels, translated).

I would personally love the EP to be about the neglected Arts from Get Famous. Give me a singer and I'll be content. Currently, I rely on a mod for that, but I would love to be able to trim my list of mods down. So long, as my musician/singer is allowed to make albums and earn royalties, as he does now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I like the description of them as 'the neglected arts'. I look forward to Get Neglected, where we can finally...

Uh, I was going to list art-forms that aren't already in the game, but now I'm blanking on them. Prose, poetry, painting, photography, sculpture, knitting, music, dance, acting, singing, puppet-shows, architecture, interior design and flower-arranging are all in the game. Crikey, it's a game with a heck of a lot of options!

Let's see now: Get Neglected will introduce art skills/jobs in animation, sewing, ASMR, wickerwork, ironmongery and the art of war. I'd buy that!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I desperately want a band pack, but I'm wondering how they'll pull if off. As it stands, we lack so many instruments. Each one would take a ton of work to implement. An EP would need to put a lot of its already-limited budget into making those. Ideally, I would like a band pack after we'd already gotten a few more instruments. That way, more of the resources could be put into fleshing other stuff out.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    I desperately want a band pack, but I'm wondering how they'll pull if off. As it stands, we lack so many instruments. Each one would take a ton of work to implement. An EP would need to put a lot of its already-limited budget into making those. Ideally, I would like a band pack after we'd already gotten a few more instruments. That way, more of the resources could be put into fleshing other stuff out.

I think they can do it :) we already have a few kinds of guitars, violin, piano, singing. What more could I see missing is drums or maybe bass
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    A small thing, but I'd love it if musical knowledge of pianos added to that of organs, and vice versa. That is, if you're a world-class pianost and you sit down at an organ for the first time, you'll already be moderately capable of playing it.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I've heard some people saying the one picture (without the bridge) reminded them of Brazil or South America, so maybe we'll get a music pack based in a city from there.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Prose, poetry, painting, photography, sculpture, knitting, music, dance, acting, singing, puppet-shows, architecture, interior design and flower-arranging are all in the game.

It's a bit farfetched to say we have sculpting in the game when we just have that little lump of clay.

I'd say there's still sculpting, glassblowing, toymaking, sewing, and ballet to be added, just to name arts we've already had in other iterations of the sims.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I've heard some people saying the one picture (without the bridge) reminded them of Brazil or South America, so maybe we'll get a music pack based in a city from there.

It’s the colourful buildings.. that kinda looks Latin American to me, or Portugal. Brazil, Colombia that kinda thing. I don’t know that you’d do a music pack in that kinda area though.
  • Options
    We already have Selvadorada when it comes to South America but African based world would be amazing. I can see it's highly required and it would be new representation to The Sims 4. We only have Egypt in The Sims3 and nothing in The Sims 4
  • Options

Hey, back in the day we used to have what was called Band-Wars. This was a chance for the different bands from around the area to perform. No need to skulk off to Liverpool, although that's not a bad idea, either. Just pick a large parking lot, set up a stage and voila. Let the 'games' begin.

I am, originally, from California. San Myshuno is NOT San Francisco, by any stretch. Sorry, @lunnarila . There is no bay, and most importantly no famous bridge. We won't even discuss that lack of steep streets. Now, Del Sol Valley, is based off of Los Angeles (City of Angels, translated).

I would personally love the EP to be about the neglected Arts from Get Famous. Give me a singer and I'll be content. Currently, I rely on a mod for that, but I would love to be able to trim my list of mods down. So long, as my musician/singer is allowed to make albums and earn royalties, as he does now.

"The overall layout of San Myshuno is based on a combination of Hong Kong and San Francisco. The Fashion District takes its name from the mall located underneath the neighborhood. The Landgraab Apartments and Alto Apartments in Uptown are named after the opposing Landgraab and Alto families." I am not American but this is what Sims wiki says. If we get to worlds based on one city then we can get LA representation twice
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I think a bands/solo musical pack is the one pack left that I can imagine, that I am absolutley DESPERATE for! If we don't get it it will be so disappointing. Please EA? Pwetty please? :'(
  • Options
    I think a bands/solo musical pack is the one pack left that I can imagine, that I am absolutley DESPERATE for! If we don't get it it will be so disappointing. Please EA? Pwetty please? :'(

Saaaame. ;; Generations or family life or whatever is already confirmed. Then I really want bands&singers game pack is all I want. Then fairies and horses ;;;;
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    Bands playing their music so loud it wakes the dead (zombies) would be cool...
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I've said this on the forum for years, but I still think bands + hotels would be a highly logical and entertaining combination for an EP. Come on, admit it, you want to see your rocker sims trash a hotel room.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited January 2023

Liverpool Would be a good spot for bands for sure. But another option I was thinking could be Seattle seeing as it is the birthplace of Grunge.

Although I'm pretty sure Seattle isn't what they were trying to portray in the photos that were shown. Lol
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I hope you are right @lunnarila . I've been wanting a music pack for years now. I hope the pack has bands with lead singers.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    IVXXXVI wrote: »

true. Fairies will be 100% game back and horses perhaps as well

Oooo, yes, I agree. The things I want and I will be happy are bands, horses, and fairies. Once I have all those 3 I will feel like my game is decently complete. I wouldn't complain about an into the future style pack like sims 3 had though, that one was fun :smile::smile: .
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member

Liverpool Would be a good spot for bands for sure. But another option I was thinking could be Seattle seeing as it is the birthplace of Grunge.

Although I'm pretty sure Seattle isn't what they were trying to portray in the photos that were shown. Lol

OMG, both of those sound amazing, but especially Seattle. I would seriously buy any pack with a Seattle world attached. A Canadian style world would also make me lose it with excitement.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    We already have Selvadorada when it comes to South America but African based world would be amazing. I can see it's highly required and it would be new representation to The Sims 4. We only have Egypt in The Sims3 and nothing in The Sims 4

Excuse me, we had Egypt, France and Japan in WA. I know, I used them to take my Sims on honeymoons. I do miss the vacation spots from Sims2, however. And I agree, nothing so far in Sims4, which is a shame.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    \

Excuse me, we had Egypt, France and Japan in WA. I know, I used them to take my Sims on honeymoons. I do miss the vacation spots from Sims2, however. And I agree, nothing so far in Sims4, which is a shame.

But as I said it was Sims 3 and nothing since then... And I think it was more of China