Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want/expect in upcoming Generations (?) pack?

lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
Based on what we have hinted and our personal wish list:
family reunions and event funerals
cars and driving lessons
improved family tree (non disappearing dead family members, acknowleding further family members such as uncles, aunts, cousing, in-laws, niece, nepher etc)
-tooth fairy/imaginary friend?
-more interactions and activities strictly for elders
-strollers, canes?
- interactive primary school OR possibility to send the child to the kindergarden, private school, boarding school
- sleepovers/slumber parties
- teen parties, being grounded
- mid-life crisis
-dentis/grim repear career
-possibility to invite whole family/household to the party or into sim's house, even if said sim knows only one person from the household

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Expect: our speculation and rumour will turn into unrealistically high expectations all-round, and the forums will be vocally disappointed by the reality. It's what we're good at.

Want: new hats, perhaps!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Expect: our speculation and rumour will turn into unrealistically high expectations all-round, and the forums will be vocally disappointed by the reality. It's what we're good at.

Want: new hats, perhaps!

My thoughts exactly. Which is why I'm excited but not going in with any wants, wishes, or expectations.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    DITTO @Benjamilian and @simgirl1010 ! LOL

I do love reading what everybody is expecting and/or wishing for ...

But for me personally, because I know I've be super disappointed many times with TS4's versions of things, I've learned to expect the bare minimum then I'm never upset or disappointed and just shrug it off and move on.

Now, there has been a few times that I've been pleasantly surprised when it turns out better than I imagined.

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I’m still not sold it’s generations. I think it will be a children’s pack.

I do think we’ll be getting a family tree overhaul and things but that will probably be part of the free update as most UI changes are. One of the main generations hints was the dentures but this might come with the toothpaste kit.

I think the expansion will be like my first tooth or something, and basically be for infants/toddlers/kids what HSY is for teens. Baby carriers and toddler bikes and more toys and games and interactions and things for the young. We might also get the tooth fairy, a dentist career, or a childcare one. And sleepovers.

As for CAS/BB I think they will cash in on infants by making the update free but the good stuff in an expansion. We will all buy it 😂
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Even if we didn't speculate and just waited for the pack to drop, we could still be disappointed. It'll inevitably be compared with Generations, which was one of the best Sims 3 packs. And The Sims 4 doesn't have the best track record.

As for what I want:
    • More kids' games, especially things that can be done with groups of kids.
    • Walking canes
    • Strollers
    • Inheritance system
    • Treehouses
    • More after-school activities
    • Tea parties
    • Dress-up chests
    • Some way for kids/teens to develop interests in certain career paths. It would be a great way to give sims personalities and have them play a more active role in their own lives. (It'd be a passing interest that you can choose not to develop, so it's not railroad-y)
    • Activities geared towards elders, even if other ages can do them (bingo, water aerobics, scrapbooking, puzzles, golf)
    • Field trips (rabbit holes, can be ties to the above)
    • Dentures
    • Board games
    • Video cameras
    • A way to take a family photo when you have a lot of sims.
    • A way for same-sex or infertile sims to have biological children, without the use of cheats
    • Teens throwing house parties, and the risk of getting caught
    • Midlife crises
    • The tooth fairy
    • Daycare active career
    • I wouldn't mind if they threw in imaginary friends
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    It would also please me if it is explicitly a Generations pack, but based on the movie Star Trek: Generations. Mortimer Goth goes out in a blaze of glory and Mrs. Crumplebottom struggles with a new emotion chip. New hairdo: Frenchly bald.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2023
    -More child aspirations
    -Teen and elder specific aspirations (I think High School Years has teen aspirations but I didn't buy that)
    The ability to assign preferred seating at the kitchen table/living room per sim
    -Canes/mobility aids/scooters for elders
    -More activities aimed at kids and toddlers
    -Bikes/little cars for kids and toddlers, trikes for toddlers
    -More anything for elders
    -More facial hair
    -Hats that actually cover the ears
    _More facial details, and more body details (especially this one - I might get werewolves at some point but I don't have it yet).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I’d like :
    - More family interactions,
    - Sleepovers/slumber parties
    - Tree Houses
    - Mid-life crisis
    - Canes
    - The tooth fairy
    - Memories
    - Being able to take family portraits

Amongst other things.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    Events associated with family such as life events like funerals or family get togethers or reunions. More family drama included with the moods system and wants and fears, more family tree options in create a sim, such as step brothers and sisters, fiancé, etc. more in game challenges presented such as sibling rivalry. An old folks home for the elderly or some kind of old folks community home. Elder events such as bingo. More family interactions that cause drama or fun. A new career that pertains to family such as a family therapist maybe. A memory system and family book that keeps track of sims big life events, a lot of these would have to do with family and those closest to them. A bio for each individual sim you can write. In case you quit playing and forget what your purpose was for creating them. Sims recognizing family members as being family and not just a friend or another sim. I’m hoping for something new for each life stage that adds gameplay.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    -More child aspirations
    Oooooooh, you know what would be fun? A StrangerVille-esque questline for a kids' aspiration. The idea is to make friends, go on an adventure and solve a mystery. Basically, your kids are just doing various mundane things, or exploring mundane locations. But they're using their imaginations to pretend that they're on some epic quests. Each stage of the aspiration revolves around one event in the story they've made up, and reaching the end of the story finishes the aspiration. At the end of the adventure, you get a trait related to bravery, or maybe a trait that boosts creativity-based skills.

It's be a cute, unique time-waster that would reflect what it's like to be a kid. It's also an experience unique to children.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2023
    What Do I Expect?
    Maybe more for children and a dentist career.

What I'm hoping for
    Hopscotch
    Slides
    See Saws that adults can use as well
    New Lot Types aka Cinemas,Zoos,Aquarium Exibits etc.
    Midlife Crisis
    New Family Relations in CAS and to include boy/girlfriend
    Romance interactions in bed.
    More romantic poses for our phone cameras. There aren't enough.
    Online Dating and Attaction and Chemistry. Generations Gameplay can include sims dating and falling in love.
    Swimmable Oceans or Lakes in the new world and waterfalls as well especially massave ones like Niagara Falls.
  • Options
    CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    I'm hoping for more toys for toddlers, kids as well as practical items for infants and toddlers. Something that makes the game feel realistic when it comes to family play. I would love more poses for cameras, and I wish there was an option for sims to take a selfie holding a toddler / infant.
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    Even if we didn't speculate and just waited for the pack to drop, we could still be disappointed. It'll inevitably be compared with Generations, which was one of the best Sims 3 packs. And The Sims 4 doesn't have the best track record.
    Definitely. Lately in games, I'm not disappointed because I got my hopes up, I'm disappointed because it's simply a disappointing product. It doesn't matter whether I expected anything great to be in a release if the release simply doesn't have anything that grabs me. That doesn't even mean it's bad, but if there's nothing for me in it then there's no reason for me to buy it.

That's been a problem a lot for me recently with the Sims. For instance, I really don't know what to say about this next expansion. The Molar Bear is so out there I don't know what to even say would be the things that would grab me about it. In a theoretical Generations pack I guess I could say that I'd love Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder to stop being almost exact copies of each other, but I think that's too big to happen at this point (and would have to apply to the base game rather than just be an expansion feature).
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I expect nothing for occult players... again. Take me back to the days where the team wasn't afraid to add occults. :(

Also, I'm dreading the thought of a dentist career.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I don't have a lot of high hopes of some of these coming true but here it goes

Tooth fairy and other childhood stories

Sleepovers

Prank calls

Allowances

Dating apps

More hobbies in general I guess something like TS2 Freetime (ballet, pottery, etc)

More family relations in CAS (Aunt, uncle, etc)

More playground equipment

Walker and play mat for infants

Tea parties and other make believe fun activities

Functional plush toys that aren't gigantic and can carry them around

Proper family photo poses
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2023
    -More child aspirations
    Oooooooh, you know what would be fun? A StrangerVille-esque questline for a kids' aspiration. The idea is to make friends, go on an adventure and solve a mystery. Basically, your kids are just doing various mundane things, or exploring mundane locations. But they're using their imaginations to pretend that they're on some epic quests. Each stage of the aspiration revolves around one event in the story they've made up, and reaching the end of the story finishes the aspiration. At the end of the adventure, you get a trait related to bravery, or maybe a trait that boosts creativity-based skills.

It's be a cute, unique time-waster that would reflect what it's like to be a kid. It's also an experience unique to children.

That would be interesting, maybe like a Famous Five scenario.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    -More child aspirations
    -Teen and elder specific aspirations (I think High School Years has teen aspirations but I didn't buy that)
    The ability to assign preferred seating at the kitchen table/living room per sim
    -Canes/mobility aids/scooters for elders
    -More activities aimed at kids and toddlers
    -Bikes/little cars for kids and toddlers, trikes for toddlers
    -More anything for elders
    -More facial hair
    -Hats that actually cover the ears
    _More facial details, and more body details (especially this one - I might get werewolves at some point but I don't have it yet).

Yeh I'd love some elder aspirations. At the moment I use the knitting one or the island living Beach Life aspirations but it'd be nice to have one that is more family orientated or retirement based.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    I'm very excited about the upcoming pack! I love family gameplay, and I wish for more interactive animations between the different age groups, kids actually playing together instead of just talking, and please no more giant objects to play together.
    Kids play with toddlers is something that I miss in the game.
    I dream of a stage between kid and giant teenager.
    Teens learning how to drive and more family oriented lot types like a Zoo or an actual Amusement/Themepark.

But...whats up with the all the teeth related hints and icons? The icon with the toothbear makes me very nervous, because I would have expected an icon like a family standing together.

A playable dentist career would be so much fun i.m.O., but as a seperate pack, and not in a family oriented expansion pack, simply because it would mean, that it we get less stuff for familys to do together.
    Sims 4 is known for making very few new animations, and a playable dentist career would need lots of new animations.

But I wish for more to new family interactions and animations. Very confusing.

I'm so excited to hear more news on the new pack!!! :smiley:

• Options
    Sure, its no use to make a wishlist and get disappointed later on but speculations are really fun and I have a feeling we have been listened to since last two years. We wanted farming, playable babies, more family oriented gameaplay, werewolves and here it is so I am being kind of hopeful. :)
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    Sure, its no use to make a wishlist and get disappointed later on but speculations are really fun and I have a feeling we have been listened to since last two years. We wanted farming, playable babies, more family oriented gameaplay, werewolves and here it is so I am being kind of hopeful. :)

I agree, I think speculating is half the fun sometimes lol. Of course they aren't going to add EVRYTHING people want, but it's still fun to think about what might be coming!
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    If a grim reaper career, I demand Zombies as a possibility when people please to bring back the dead you can choose to be mean or nice about it
  • Options
    I expect nothing for occult players... again. Take me back to the days where the team wasn't afraid to add occults. :(

yes! I am waiting for fairies at least to have main four occult species complete! ;;
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I don't expect much because I am afraid to be disappointed. I also don't know much about sims 3 generations so I won't be comparing them

What I do hope for (but not expect)
    - new children aspirations
    - new activities for children and toddlers. Please not another drawing table for kids
    - private school (thinking of sims 2 base game here)
    - something to differentiate young adult and adults. Perhaps a midlife crisis?
    - canes: if we get them I hope they are not restricted to elders only. Sometimes people ask for disabilities included in the game. I this canes for all ages could be a tiny step

An occult in the pack sounds to good to be true. But would be very welcome
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    If this pack is truly family-themed, I expect and hope for:
    - New World
    - New Gameplay Features
    - New CAS and BB Assets

Something tells me I won’t be disappointed :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

As for what I want:
    • More kids' games, especially things that can be done with groups of kids.
    • Walking canes
    • Strollers
    • Inheritance system
    • Treehouses
    • More after-school activities
    • Tea parties
    • Dress-up chests
    • Some way for kids/teens to develop interests in certain career paths. It would be a great way to give sims personalities and have them play a more active role in their own lives. (It'd be a passing interest that you can choose not to develop, so it's not railroad-y)
    • Activities geared towards elders, even if other ages can do them (bingo, water aerobics, scrapbooking, puzzles, golf)
    • Field trips (rabbit holes, can be ties to the above)
    • Dentures
    • Board games
    • Video cameras
    • A way to take a family photo when you have a lot of sims.
    • A way for same-sex or infertile sims to have biological children, without the use of cheats
    • Teens throwing house parties, and the risk of getting caught
    • Midlife crises
    • The tooth fairy
    • Daycare active career
    • I wouldn't mind if they threw in imaginary friends

I love the inheritance system idea. But the same-sex bio children has existed for years. And I dont mean the OG CAS play with genetics workaround. This specific change came even before the change for body frame choice and clothing unlocks. You can choose if your Sim is able to get pregnant, get others, or not at all. Regardless of sex. That's not a cheat that's basegame. But like if you mean IVF or donation, stuff like that. Idk they'll bring that in here. But there are mods that have that. Idk if they are on the new site. But there are quite a few that can increase your abilities in that manner.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: