Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doing a reinstall of Sims 4 and all content tonight, have important question, need opinion soon ap

Ok, I'm on Console (Xbox one) but this may or may not be console specific I'm unsure. But my question is this: If I reinstall my game and all content I ever purchased and then start up the game, will my old (possibly corrupted) data be retrieved from the cloud. Should I delete all my saves before I begin a reinstall? Is there any other important data I need to be aware of before I reinstall, or Important steps to take? I want to start the game completely fresh as possible. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    I’m not sure anything is saved online besides anything you uploaded to the gallery and any achievements you unlocked on console.

You will have a saves folder on your console which will contain your game saves and that would need to be removed separately if you wanted to remove your saves. If your save got bugged then reinstalling probably won’t fix it.

If you want a fresh start just delete everything sims related in your ‘storage’ menus or equivalent on Xbox before reinstalling. But I will say this game has a lot of bugs and you might be best just to try a brand new save before reinstalling.

Generally reinstalls only make much of a difference on PC or if your game is seriously broken - crashing and freezing etc. It would be more likely that either your save file is bugged or you’re trying to do something which is bugged for everyone.
  • Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2022
    @JustinB113 Thanks for the info, Well If a save is corrupted or bugged, then if I delete all save files from my Xbox related to Sims 4 want that get rid of it? And also, my issues are a combination of small things, things that could be related to my lot/house, things that are common in The Sims 4, and a few that I've never seen mentioned but happening to me, and lastly yes, the game crashes when traveling about 75 percent of the time as well as IN CAS sometimes. Things just seem to be getting worse and I haven't installed any updates or purchased any new content in a good while. Loading screens have gotten worse for example and this is with no new update/downloaded content. You might be right about just trying a new save, but I'm somewhat dedicated to this reinstall thing now, if it helps just a little bit it might be worth it to me. So, with that being said, and hoping for just a minor improvement, do you think a reinstall is ok to do.... or sounds decent enough of an idea, or do you think hardly anything at all will change afterwards???
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    @JustinB113 Thanks for the info, Well If a save is corrupted or bugged, then if I delete all save files from my Xbox related to Sims 4 want that get rid of it? And also, my issues are a combination of small things, things that could be related to my lot/house, things that are common in The Sims 4, and a few that I've never seen mentioned but happening to me, and lastly yes, the game crashes when traveling about 75 percent of the time as well as IN CAS sometimes. Things just seem to be getting worse and I haven't installed any updates or purchased any new content in a good while. Loading screens have gotten worse for example and this is with no new update/downloaded content. You might be right about just trying a new save, but I'm somewhat dedicated to this reinstall thing now, if it helps just a little bit it might be worth it to me. So, with that being said, and hoping for just a minor improvement, do you think a reinstall is ok to do.... or sounds decent enough of an idea, or do you think hardly anything at all will change afterwards???

There is no harm in reinstalling on a modern console at all except the time it’s going to take you to redownload all of the packs.

That much crashing definitely suggests something is wrong somewhere. I remember the game struggling a bit on PS4 generation consoles but not that badly. You could try a clean install and deleting your existing sims 4 data.

There will always be bugs in the sims 4 though. It might make the crashing better but it won’t fix many general gameplay bugs if any.

• Options
    AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I just reinstalled sims 4 game and all dlc and I'm looking at troubleshooting over in answers HQ, it's like an EA site connected to this one in ways. And this is what it says, oh I'm on console, so I'm not sure 100 percent if posting here is the best option, but maybe, here is what I'm talking about, I copy and pasted it:
    On Home, select My games & apps.
    Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
    Highlight Saved data, select your gamertag, and then select Delete everywhere to delete all saves (local and cloud) for this game to clear corrupted save data, OR
    Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game, then follow the prompts to clear the local save only for cloud resync.
    Restart your console.
    Ok so that's what it says, do you guys suggest that the part where you delete all saves (local and cloud) should be done before I start playing again. I don't want to bring the same issues that made me want to reinstall the game in the first place back into my new fresh start. And I'm also aware that reinstalling all my stuff as I did, may not help a lot, but just a 10 to 15 percent improvement would be nice IMO. Thanks for your time,