Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else just delete schools?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    I'm playing in a world without schools at the moment. The school tab says this:
    bpVBQmS.jpg
    I am not allowed to choose traits on aging up a sim.
    Also, I'm not aware of any situation that lets you switch existing traits in normal play, except by using the brain enhancement machine that came with UL.
    That you can use cheats (or mods) to change traits anytime you want is, of course, clear.

However, I'm still playing with a modded game and didn't try this with a vanilla game, so take that with a grain of salt.

Wow that is so strange because I have never had a school in all the games I have played. and I have played over 12 years. I can choose what traits I want and I can even replace them when I feel like it. I do not know what a brain enhancement machine is and I do not use any mods or never have. My sims are fine, my game works fine. I have never had any problems. I have played with a desk top and alos a lap top and no difference and I have been playing lately for a long time on my lap top I have a Asus Rog and it plays nice.
  • Options

@mw1525
    I think that that would happen if your child went to school and then you deleted it. My sim towns never had a school and if it did I would delete it before putting any sims in that town, I delete all schools before playing in every town I play. They have never been tutors either. My sim kids and teens are fine, they have many skills. are not ugly and you can age them up early if you wish, I wait until one day left to age up. They are not bad, and my teens have 4 traits and kids 3 and when adult they have five. It is always like that.
    I have a teen now whose father is training him at the Gym in martial Arts. My sims are all fine and I love playing with them, that is why I delete all school as I get to play with them more. I love the sims. Have a great day and fun with your sims

• Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Evalen - Your reply seems confirms my theory, thank you.

By removing the school before the town goes active, you effectively remove that specific gameplay system from the game. Later, I think I will test to see if this holds true if you delete the school on the first active day (Sunday) to see if the trait/age/homework system is actually active upon start-up of the game or does it begin after school on the first day (Monday).

Concerning having the school active in your town, I don't think the Sim child would necessarily have to attend the school to be added to the age/trait/homework system, I think they would just have to be of school-age when the system goes active for all the kids in the town.

I'm glad you are enjoying your families. I'm also glad to hear that they do not have to suffer any of the negative restrictions which are built into the game concerning school performance. Your gameplay will undoubtedly give hope and ideas to others who may wish to keep their school-aged children home without worry of penalty or needing a mod to do so.

Thanks so much for the insight! Happy Simming!
  • Options

@mw1525 Thank you for your post. The most important thing is to have fun with your sims. No matter how you play. It is an amazing game. It is so different every time you play. Have Fun with your sims.
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Yes!! I deleted the school once for a legacy challenge! It makes it sooo much easier to play.