The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you put in your halls?

Hi! In the house I'm building for someone (on the Secret Santa thread in G.G) I have a hall. What do you guys usually put in your halls to fill it?
I'm Prada and You're Nada.

Comments

• Options
    jnsandyjnsandy Posts: 646 New Member
    edited November 2012
    depends on the hall. (i'm assuming you mean a hallway?)

if it's a big hall, like in a mansion or something i like to put end tables against the wall, with a chair on each side, and a mirror or painting over the table. this arrangement is only really 1 square deep, so generally for visual balance purposes i only place things in hallways wider than 2 squares. or, you might try placing some sculptures, or maybe some large potted plants at intervals or flanking doors. really depends on how big it is though!

hope this helped!
  • Options
    misteygirlmisteygirl Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited November 2012
    jnsandy wrote:
    depends on the hall. (i'm assuming you mean a hallway?)

if it's a big hall, like in a mansion or something i like to put end tables against the wall, with a chair on each side, and a mirror or painting over the table. this arrangement is only really 1 square deep, so generally for visual balance purposes i only place things in hallways wider than 2 squares. or, you might try placing some sculptures, or maybe some large potted plants at intervals or flanking doors. really depends on how big it is though!

hope this helped!
    Thank you :mrgreen:
    I'm Prada and You're Nada.
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yes it really depends how big your hall is. Mine usually aren't that big so maybe a plant or a dresser which looks like a sideboard with a clock/plant/sculpture on it. If the hallway is squarish, I might put the small round table in the middle with a plant on.
  • Options
    franklear1980franklear1980 Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2012
    If the hall has windows, I tend to place the end tables from Supernatural below the windows and set house plants on them, or I will place pictures, low bookcases, statues, pedestals. It really depends on the home.