Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about pre-ordering?

I want to buy Supernatural and Seasons and I'm going to, regardless, but I'm not sure if I should just pre-order. I'm not sure if it's necessary or if I should just wait until it hits shelves.

What are you guys doing and which do you usually prefer to do?

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited August 2012
    I only really pre-order if I'm getting the LE of an EP :)

I'll be pre-ordering Seasons but not SN - I don't really care about the PvZ content
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'll be preordering Seasons but not SN after quite abit of thinking about it :)

I'll probably get sweet treats and supernatural once they're down at the right price. I've just got debt to sort out and going on holiday to Paris with my little boy and other half so it'll just be my most wanted game being pre ordered :)

Not sure whether to pre order it from here or amazon though
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited August 2012
    I preordered Seasons because I got a great deal on it, $10 off! But I'm not getting SN
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2012
    I pre-ordered both SN and seasons because i got $20 off for both EPs. A lot of times though, i'll just wait and pick them up in the store.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    Fullmetal1890PFullmetal1890P Posts: 708 Member
    edited August 2012
    I pre-ordered both SN and seasons because i got $20 off for both EPs. A lot of times though, i'll just wait and pick them up in the store.

How'd you get 20$ off them?
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited August 2012
    Meh, I feel like if I'm not going to get the game until its actual release there's no point in preordering, regardless of the exclusive preorder content.

Somehow, I managed to get Showtime LE almost six months from its release. I guess "Limited Edition" isn't so limited after all. :lol:
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited August 2012
    I always preorder from Newegg...that way I can just sit back and not worry about it. :D

I, also, got the $20 off. Newegg had a promotion on game preorders. Sorry to say that the promotion is over. :(
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited August 2012
    If it was anything other than Sims games, I say yes to pre-ordering. But whenever I pre-order a Sims game I get them 2 weeks after the release date, so now I don't bother.
    You can pick up LE versions of the games here in shops or online anyway, even months after they've been released.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2012
    I always preorder. And since I order digital copies, the game starts downloading at midnight on release day :-)
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited August 2012
    The last time I preordered (Generations), I got the game a day early :mrgreen: So, I like it. I like it a lot :wink:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2012
    I used to pre-order for TS2 but none of TS3 has given me PEPS so I don't.. until SN. I did preo-order for the peashooters~ Woot! :lol:

• Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited August 2012
    Never preordered. I just Always bought it store.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2012
    I pre-order when I'm really excited for an EP, or when I want the LE. So, I pre-ordered the LE of Pets (first TS3 EP ever to give me PEPs), Showtime (because I wanted the collector's edition), and Supernatural (again for the LE content and because I have a bad case of PEPs for that one!) Still deciding on Seasons, but all of the others I've just picked up at the store whenever. Most of the time you can find plenty of copies on release day at places like Target or Wal-Mart. But I do like securing my Limited Edition copies, just in case. :)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited August 2012
    From what I understand you get the peashooter with the Limited Edition (not just the pre-orders). But on Origin, you can also get the PvZ décor pack. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it...I wish I could see pictures of the décor pack and or if they do anything or if it's worth just getting it via Amazon...
  • Options
    iceperson12iceperson12 Posts: 351 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I always pre order my Sims 3 games I already pre order SN and Season after I am done for a while.
  • Options
    efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I won't pre-order just because I know I won't be getting either one for a while.

First, my budget is tight right now and won't be clearing up in time for me to pre-order.

Second, it seems like every time a new EP is released, the first 2-4 weeks are a mess due to bugs, glitches and the like. As much as it kills me to wait, I will wait it out and hopefully get them around the holidays (they'll both be on my Christmas list, I'm sure!). I think that gives them time to get some patches/fixes rolled out.
  • Options
    MissSpiffeyMissSpiffey Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well I used to preorder but I won't be doing it anymore, mainly because I preorder out of excitement and then my gaming tendencies can change by release date. I am definitely a "lifer" of the sims, but the time spent playing is not always consistent, consecutive months. I tend to play it to death for a couple or a few months, and then some other game catches my attention, and eventually I find my way back to TS3. For example, I'd preordered PETS and then got hooked into LOTRO (mmorpg), and never got to play pets until 3-4 weeks ago because until then I'd been major busy mmo-ing. I just got my awesome new custom built PC and have been waiting on GW2 to release, so excepting beta weekends I have been playing the doodle out of TS3 again. I recently preordered SN thinking I saw an 8-3-12 release, but realized I was totally off by a whole month, which sucks because I will admittedly be heavy into GW2 at that point, and I don't give an S about PvZ.

But in the end I don't really mind, preorder or not, gotta catch 'em -err "have" - them all! I have every SP/EP so far and I am a lifelong player so I play them all eventually.

Gallery: #ItzSpiffy - I make custom NoCC Wall Art for the game using only my sim's camera and in-game scenery! I also love building modern mansions among other things.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2012

How'd you get 20$ off them?

It was $10 off each ep so $20 in savings total with free shipping for both, and I got it through ordering from newegg. They were having a promotion a few weeks ago.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited August 2012
    I only pre-order when there is a worthy discount or I can handle having to wait for the ups guy til after 6 pm. lol. I much prefer going to the store and buying the game.
  • Options
    dhay773dhay773 Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'll usually pre-order if the order includes something special. I always get the LE edition if it's offered and has something I'm interested in.

I will be getting the LE SN because of the Peashooter, but I won't be getting LE Seasons because I'm not interested in the ice lounge. This is strange, because I'm much more excited about Seasons.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to end up getting them either way so might aswell pre order and get axtra items
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited August 2012
    Eh. I used to pre-order. Now I'm lazy and cheap so I wait 6 months until after the game comes out.
    That way I already know of any glitches, all my mods will be updated for it already and I get it at a fraction of the price!

:lol:
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I buy my Sims at Wal-Mart :v

(one time I did pre-order though, long story short, it was a freak accident....)
  • Options
    HappyGaylordHappyGaylord Posts: 319 Member
    edited August 2012
    I always used to pre-order... But university studies have kept me poor... I've been too afraid to pre-order lately as the games are getting more expensive, I may end up eating noodles for the rest of the month! Haha!
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited August 2012
    I always used to pre-order... But university studies have kept me poor... I've been too afraid to pre-order lately as the games are getting more expensive, I may end up eating noodles for the rest of the month! Haha!

LOL Ramen noodles get boring after awhile!! At least they have a lot of flavors! :D I believe all of us simmers know this! :mrgreen:

First time pre-ordering. I also went through Newegg for the discount thanks to the simmer that posted it!! :D
    I do have a question about pre-ordering though. Do they ship the release day or do we get it release day? Doesn't really matter I wont install until Twallans mods are updated. But if the patch comes out 2 days before he should have his mods updated on or around release day. Nothing worse than looking at the box waiting for updates, it is actually very painful!! :wink:

Have a great day all!!
    Happy Simming!! :D