The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who do you think should win a 'Simmie'?

I think it would be neat if there was a once-a-year Awards event like the Academy Awards/the Oscars for sim movies and the sims who appear in them. Only it would be called 'the Simmies'. Since it doesn't exist, let's hold our own Simmies event in this thread.
[+++ this is just for fun/to display creations/mention your favorites --> everyone's a winner in this thread]

Nominate your favorite sim movies here.
AND
Add pictures of your Simmie Red Carpet sims here too. [don't forget to dress them in their very best formals because they're trying to upstage each other =>designers have to promote themselves somewhere!] - & do try to put them on a red carpet if you can!

Listed below are some suggested categories i]stolen directly from real Oscar categories[/i for individual awards theoretically given by the Studio of Gaming Motion Picture Arts and Sciences:

A
Simmie Award for Best Actor
Simmie Award for Best Actress
C
Simmie Award for Best Cinematography
Simmie Award for Best Comedy
Simmie Award for Best Costume Design
D
Simmie Award for Best Dance Direction
Simmie Award for Best Documentary
L
Simmie Award for Best Live Action Film
M
Simmie Award for Best Makeup
Simmie Award for Best Musical
P
Simmie Award for Best Picture
S
Simmie Award for Best Score – Adaptation or Treatment
Simmie Award for Best Short Film
Simmie Award for Best Song (Original or otherwise)
Simmie Award for Best Sound
Simmie Award for Best Story
Simmie Award for Best Supporting Actor
Simmie Award for Best Supporting Actress
T
Simmie Award for Technical Achievement
Simmie Award for Best Title Writing
U
Simmie Award for Best Unique and Artistic Production
V
Simmie Award for Best Visual Effects
W
Simmie Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay)- can be used for Sim Stories (non-video)

TELEVISION CATEGORIES
R
Simmie Award for Best Reality Show

Comments

• Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited August 2009
    LIST OF NOMINEES:

Simmie for Best Cinematography
    DSF 729 Episode 1: Worst Case Scenario http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=71432

Simmie for Best Actress
    Sticky G http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=795698 appearing as self in SimEve's 'Itchy V'

Simmie for Best TV Reality Show
    The Sims 3 Reality Game Show Season 2 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/67677.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I want to nominate two of SimEve's creations for a Simmie. I think the
    cinematography in DSF 729 Episode 1: Worst Case Scenario is so cool! It looks like it's really under water. http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=71432

I also enjoyed the role that Sticky G http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=795698 plays in SimEve's 'Itchy V' movie http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=68300

You won't regret watching them. They're really good. :!:
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow! Thanks so much. It is an honor to have nominations. I will post a pic of Sticky and the underwater scene asap.
    Just knowing I have at least one fan is enough for me to keep making the movies!!! Thank you. :D
  • Options
    basher118basher118 Posts: 1,265 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You have a really good idea!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sticky G on a red carpet behind her trailor park!
    Sticky-1.jpg

DSF 729
    DSF.jpg
  • Options
    SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited August 2009
    What about Best Reality Show? My vote is for The Sims 3 Reality Game Show Season 2.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/67677.page
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What about Best Reality Show?

Oh. Well, why not?! I was thinking purist Oscars. I hadn't thought about the Emmys. But what do we care, this is all for fun anyway. I'll add it to page 1&2. Thanks for the category
    OK, it took me all night fighting with an excessively uncooperative internet connection and slow virtual memory :roll:, but I finally made my Red Carpet Photo Shoot room. Here's pix of my three celebrities [they aren't nominated for any awards because they haven't done anything, but they were invited to the Awards. They came for the h'ordeorves and to support the nominees]:
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nice. You can download Sticky and put her up if you need to. Your red carpet is much better than the one behind the trailer!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SimEve wrote:
    Just knowing I have at least one fan is enough for me to keep making the movies!!! Thank you. :D

Yay! more movies :mrgreen:. I'm more of a 'think up ideas' person than a moviemaker and youre my new cause cuz you asked for ideas. I'm too lazy to make my own movies. I'd rather promote the simmers crazy enough to take the time to make them. It's easier.

Hey, can you convince Scully and Mulder to investigate the rash of alien infestations of TS3 refrigerators? - I suspect alien life forms are using the cold temps/spoiled food to incubate their pods/offspring because there's that creepy green haze always coming out of all my sims' friges. My sims are afraid to eat their cold food in case the aliens are trying to turn them into hosts for the alien babies. That might make up enough of a movie for them to do maybe?
    I haven't been paying attention. Are there proper aliens in TS3 yet or do we have to fake them?

• Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ha, I don't think that I am 'qualify' to win this challenge.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SimEve wrote:
    Nice. You can download Sticky and put her up if you need to. Your red carpet is much better than the one behind the trailer!

Hey, it was red. That's all I requested. I was thinking this morning that I will probably upload the Red Carpet room today so people don't have to waste their time making their own if they don't want to. I'll link it on the original post as soon as I get a chance to.
    It has a theatre/stage attached to it that isn't working so I have to remove that part first and put in somelandscaping.
  • Options
    Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2009
    I actually had a simmie poll in TS2, It was alot different though it was for premade sims :)
  • Options
    wicca43wicca43 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Interesting idea. I was just thinking of making a movie. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SimEve wrote:

Yay! more movies :mrgreen:. I'm more of a 'think up ideas' person than a moviemaker and youre my new cause cuz you asked for ideas. I'm too lazy to make my own movies. I'd rather promote the simmers crazy enough to take the time to make them. It's easier.

Hey, can you convince Scully and Mulder to investigate the rash of alien infestations of TS3 refrigerators? - I suspect alien life forms are using the cold temps/spoiled food to incubate their pods/offspring because there's that creepy green haze always coming out of all my sims' friges. My sims are afraid to eat their cold food in case the aliens are trying to turn them into hosts for the alien babies. That might make up enough of a movie for them to do maybe?
    I haven't been paying attention. Are there proper aliens in TS3 yet or do we have to fake them?
    Everyone wants X-Files! Well I am getting closer. I will have to perfect my Scully but Mulder is dead on perfect to me. I like your ideas I need more!
  • Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My friends have always accused me for playing the Sims 3 because apparently, it was too "girly"

And after looking at this thread, wow. This is taking things way too far.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sully wrote:
    My friends have always accused me for playing the Sims 3 because apparently, it was too "girly"

And after looking at this thread, wow. This is taking things way too far.
    It's just for fun, dude.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ha, I don't think that I am 'qualify' to win this challenge.
    Why not? Everybody's a winner cuz I'm not going to pick any :shock:. I just wanted a list of fun movies and see people's formal clothes designs. Like on the Oscars, only no trophys.
    basher118 wrote:
    You have a really good idea!
    Thank you muchly. Get one of your sims dressed up and send them to the Red Carpet for a pic.
    Robodl95 wrote:
    I actually had a simmie poll in TS2, It was alot different though it was for premade sims :)
    I guess this is kind of a Movie and Fashion poll of what people likely have in their 'My Favorites'. I wasn't sure what I was trying to do. Just sounded like fun.
    wicca43 wrote:
    Interesting idea. I was just thinking of making a movie. :wink:
    Yay Yay, more movies! And when youre done, bribe someone to nominate it for something. That's how they do it in Hollywood :mrgreen:.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Sully wrote:
    My friends have always accused me for playing the Sims 3 because apparently, it was too "girly". And after looking at this thread, wow. This is taking things way too far.
    Are the Oscars 'girly'? I'm confused about what's too girly, Sully :?- do you not like movies or is it formal wear that bothers you. Like SimEve just said, this is just for fun. Can't please everyone 100% of the time :roll:. I've seen a heck of a lot of other threads that 'take it too far' - farther than this one, so I'm in really good company :D
    SimEve wrote:
    Everyone wants X-Files! Well I am getting closer. I will have to perfect my Scully but Mulder is dead on perfect to me. I like your ideas I need more![/quote]
    I'm still trying to figure out how to make giant fish for your DSF 729. There must be a way :twisted:
  • Options
    Marlon1217Marlon1217 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited August 2009
    like a Dundie?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You would get a lot more hits for this on Creative corner.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SimEve wrote:
    You would get a lot more hits for this on Creative corner.

Maybe I'll repost it there.
    Too bad I can't get a Guru to move it for me. :( Hint, hint!

edit: added hints
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Marlon1217 wrote:
    like a Dundie?
    OK, I really did try to figure this one out, but I can't. What is a Dundie? Is it a real award from somewhere? Or are you makin fun of something? :-o
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hey CMPye - I love this idea.

I agree though, creative corner is where it needs to be. Let's finish our discussion that we started and perhaps we can coordinate. I will definitely make it a HIGHLIGHT over at Simatography.

SimEve I love the fantastic set design. When I made my first film I didn't know about the HideHeadlineEffects on cheat to get rid of the thought bubbles, that's the only thing I would comment on, though I am guessing that you already know that now. I was so excited when I found out about it.

I really need to visit these forums more often. I'm missing so many great things.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium