The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone hates my singer sim!

I swear everyone hates my sim in this new town! She is a level 8 singer and has characteristics like diva, born to be a star, star quality, virtuous and artistic. Everyone she talks to, automatically has a relationship in the red instead of neutral. I thought maybe this is because of the "Diva" trait. But, she doesn't brag or ask for a compliment. She will ask about career, or ask about school, but the relationship goes right in the red! Also, she is often offended by what people say for some reason. Is anyone else noticing this with similar traits?

Also, It seems like it is way harder to gain celebrity levels ever since I added showtime. I know celebrity points is from showtime, but it used to be so easy to gain levels. By now my sim would be level 3 at least, maybe 4. But she is level 1, with still half way to go to make it to two. I know there aren't a lot of calls to "order a drink" to gain levels, and i can't seem to make friends with anyone, let alone celebrities, but it still seems harder than usual. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    Aww :-(. Thios reminds me of a girl that does lets plays on youtube and she made a neurotic singer and while the singer was performing she was trying to choke herself lol and everyone kept booing her. The more they booed her the more she would do psychotic things like attack herself with her own hand haha, I had never seen that one before, but it's hilarious to watch. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2012
    Schantal wrote:
    Aww :-(. Thios reminds me of a girl that does lets plays on youtube and she made a neurotic singer and while the singer was performing she was trying to choke herself lol and everyone kept booing her. The more they booed her the more she would do psychotic things like attack herself with her own hand haha, I had never seen that one before, but it's hilarious to watch. :mrgreen:

LOL I wish you had the link to that youtube video

Also to the OP Your sims is ok. I think its just the game way of making the game different and suprising
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2012
    KaylaD wrote:
    I swear everyone hates my sim in this new town! She is a level 8 singer and has characteristics like diva, born to be a star, star quality, virtuous and artistic. Everyone she talks to, automatically has a relationship in the red instead of neutral. I thought maybe this is because of the "Diva" trait. But, she doesn't brag or ask for a compliment. She will ask about career, or ask about school, but the relationship goes right in the red! Also, she is often offended by what people say for some reason. Is anyone else noticing this with similar traits?

Also, It seems like it is way harder to gain celebrity levels ever since I added showtime. I know celebrity points is from showtime, but it used to be so easy to gain levels. By now my sim would be level 3 at least, maybe 4. But she is level 1, with still half way to go to make it to two. I know there aren't a lot of calls to "order a drink" to gain levels, and i can't seem to make friends with anyone, let alone celebrities, but it still seems harder than usual. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks guys!
    Mine has 6 sims hating her and I am pretty sure someone threw a pizza at one of her gigs. :shock:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited March 2012
    KaylaD wrote:

Thanks guys!
    Mine has 6 sims hating her and I am pretty sure someone threw a pizza at one of her gigs. :shock:

Hey look at the bright side FREE FOOD :mrgreen:
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    robophobiarobophobia Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    I am noticing the same thing with my singer sim. I wondered if it was something to do with the Diva trait, i also have social butterfly.

I did make a wish with the genie so wondered if it might be that but literally everyone starts with more than half red friend status.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited March 2012
    It seems like it is way harder to gain celebrity levels

Hey people got there wishes they was so upset that it was so easy to become a Star now it just got harder? as for me in the game it still normal to become a star but yeah win I was doing the magic job they did boo at my Sim to even she was at a high lv so it either how it is or it a Glitch
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I think it is related to the Diva trait, as it happened to one of my sims with that trait. Traits come out at least on initially meeting. Given time and how you play the sims she should be able to turn those initial dislikes into friends, its just a bit harder then a Sim without that trait, but its a nice difficulty level to get through.

Diva is one of those not so nice traits that make a sim more of a challenge to play. She should be able to build up these friendship through doing/saying things as she talks to other Sims and change the relationship around.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited March 2012
    well besides the trait have you when your sim performs have you done interactions on stage that put a minus sign on top of the audiences head like your sim tells a joke on stage everyone gets a minus sign over their heads that might be another source
  • Options
    KaylaDKaylaD Posts: 16
    edited March 2012
    I bought the 'no jealousy' trait with my lifetime points and the social problem seems to be better. It's supposed to eliminate sims being jealous of you I believe. Now I have a bigger problem. Shes a level 10 singer, and got married. So now she can not perform. Its a common glitch apparently, so I am waiting patiently for a patch :)!
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited March 2012
    4get the hateeerrrsss!!!

i think its a thing with bein a diva, so it makes life a lil harder, not sure, just what i think :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mljones88mljones88 Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 2012
    Some of what you have posted about the audience has been noticed by others as well. My sim is a singer. I have the issue where when I perform for tips I can easily make friends, but when I perform I lose friends. I don't have the Diva trait, my sim is artistic, friendly, charismatic, loves the outdoors, and virtuoso.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited March 2012
    mljones88 wrote:
    Some of what you have posted about the audience has been noticed by others as well. My sim is a singer. I have the issue where when I perform for tips I can easily make friends, but when I perform I lose friends. I don't have the Diva trait, my sim is artistic, friendly, charismatic, loves the outdoors, and virtuoso.

yea might be a bug u never know
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have a level 10 singer with the Diva trait and had/have no problems with people not liking her. All the relationships are in the green, havn't seen one in the red.

She is maxed out on Charismatic but even before I got that she didn't have any problems.
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited March 2012

I guess that explains why one of my Sims had a pizza in his inventory when I don't remember him ordering one.
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    Eden777 wrote:

I guess that explains why one of my Sims had a pizza in his inventory when I don't remember him ordering one.

Yup the audience can throw things at you. Anything from plants, to fruit to stuffed toys.

Next time you host a sim in your town click on them and you can see the throw interaction and see all that you can throw at the performer.
  • Options
    JaeganJaegan Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have the same problem. Even the relationship with my sims wife started to drop. Its a guess at this point but I think it has something to do with being a celebrity. You ususally get a star by level 2-3 and I think that its somehow glitched becasue the decay rate does seem to match as if your sim is constantly getting publicly disgraced.
    I used master controlller to remove the celeb status and have not noticed a drop since however my playtime was a bit short that night.
  • Options
    PARKDRIVE35PARKDRIVE35 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Ive noitced the the relationship levels decrease no matter what trates you have , but i did have diva with one of my sims and had alot of haters so changed the trates around even more still does,nt matter still the same i think its part of showtime to spice things up abit i love the fact you can throw food,toys, fruits etc and i love the new recipes and the banana tree just awesome :)
  • Options
    peteypoppeteypop Posts: 266 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm also noticing this with my singer sim. I can't send her roomate to gigs anymore because the relationship drops. Interestingly, the 'Lost Friend' moodlet says that the loss of their friendship is from neglect.

I'm a little annoyed with it, because one of the townies is practically enemies with her because he goes to every show. Maybe when he really hates her he'll become an obsessed fan? I do miss those crazy little psychos.
  • Options
    blonde55pblonde55p Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2012
    All of my performers are 5 star celebs and musicians. I've found the friendly trait is great because they make more "best friends". The other trait is "natural born performer" . After every performance they perform for tips to regain the lost friendships. I also have them jam at the park or wherever to make more friends. If I have family members watch the shows, they always have to apologze after the show, even though they loved it. Go figure. If you're trying to build celeb points, import celebs from Bridgeport or other towns,because it helps when they watch your performers.