Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are mutts and strays the only option?

DestinysplayhouseDestinysplayhouse Posts: 11 New Member
Is there a way to purchase and breed pedigree dogs, or is having a mutt the only option....unfortunately i waited a long time for this expansion pack, and so far it is very dissappointing to me, mutts really dont appeal to me.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited October 2011
    I managed to adopt a pedigree welsh corgi :3. So it is possible to get a pure bred, but it'll take a while.
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2011
    You can also create one in create a pet and then add that one to your family.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited October 2011
    Sometimes other Sims in the neighborhood will have pets for sale, too.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i created a few pets , in create mode, and they all turned out to be mutts....? theres no option in create a mode for breed? it allows you to select what type of breed the dog appears to be, but when you put dog in the game and look at its details, its a mutt...Is there anyway to create a full breed dog?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    Sometimes other Sims in the neighborhood will have pets for sale, too.

How do you find out which sims are selling what breed?
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited October 2011
    There are sometimes pure bred dogs in the list of dogs to adopt from the shelter but most of them are mutts(I think only 1 of the dogs in the list I had to choose from wasn't a mutt)
  • Options
    Scarlett716Scarlett716 Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2011
    You can look in the newspaper to see if an sim is selling an animal. So far it has been dogs for me but it can be cats and horses too.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay, I will give it a while, and see if any purebred dogs come up for sale in the neighborhood, because I see in adopt mode there are pure bred cats and horses, but dogs all mutts so far!
  • Options
    kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited October 2011
    how do you tell if your pet is a mutt or not?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ive been playing for a few hours now...nothing but mutts...so now im thinking that a pure bred dog is just an urban legend (a lie), the only way ive found that you can see what the bred type is when you get ready to put them up for adoption...they have no value, and it will say breed type..mutt...so dissappointing....
  • Options
    IsenstriderIsenstrider Posts: 981 Member
    edited October 2011
    ...so now im thinking that a pure bred dog is just an urban legend (a lie)

purebreed.jpg

Not a lie. You just have bad luck apparently. :(
  • Options
    simsfanaticduhsimsfanaticduh Posts: 69 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Stop being so negative and saying its a lie, i have gotten pure breds but in real life, the chances of getting a pure bred in a shelter probably are not as good as the chances of getting a mutt. They are trying to make the game realistic. Go on create a pet if you want one that bad. Not trying to sound rude but really, complaining about it wont make it happen. It is random, give it time and you will get one.
  • Options
    MeglovinMeglovin Posts: 207 New Member
    edited October 2011
    i created a few pets , in create mode, and they all turned out to be mutts....? theres no option in create a mode for breed? it allows you to select what type of breed the dog appears to be, but when you put dog in the game and look at its details, its a mutt...Is there anyway to create a full breed dog?

So you made your own dog in Create a Pet, merged it with your family, and you say its still a mutt? I'm not sure I understand.

Also, I love the fact that there are so many mutts and people have to adopt them! :) Hopefully more people will choose to adopt a homeless animal in real life, too, instead of buying from breeders or pet stores.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not trying to be negative,,,,just frustrated....thanks for the screen cap...ill keep trying!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Meglovin wrote:

So you made your own dog in Create a Pet, merged it with your family, and you say its still a mutt? I'm not sure I understand.

Also, I love the fact that there are so many mutts and people have to adopt them! :) Hopefully more people will choose to adopt a homeless animal in real life, too, instead of buying from breeders or pet stores.

Yes...thats exactly what i did..I created two staffordshire terriors...that resemble my real life dogs...and they had pups...when i put pups up for adoption they were free...because they were mutts as well as their parents...and they had no value as did the parents...
  • Options
    garbudgarbud Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2011
    you cant sell dog or cats they have no value no matter what
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2011
    Why does the title of this thread make me think of a kid who's regularly chosen last for others' sports teams?

I'm thinking of talking to my MP about equality for sims mutts and strays. I'll need to get a petition going too.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top