Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighter- no large house fires?

I have a sim who is a level 9 firefighter and his lifetime wish is to save 30 sims. So far I have had only small house fires and one encounter with angry gnomes. Is this some type of glitch as to why I haven't run into any larger fires or just bad luck? :( :?:

Comments

• Options
    MoosahMoosah Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2010
    If it helps, I didn't get a large house fire until after I had made it to level ten.
  • Options
    Alexis365Alexis365 Posts: 1,827 New Member
    edited June 2010
    maybe you need to be a level ten.. idk
  • Options
    azreil1azreil1 Posts: 401 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Ive had Large Fire's at level 5 onwards :S Weird.
  • Options
    Pinkygirl78Pinkygirl78 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My firefighter sim started to get large house fires when he was level 7...so maybe it's a glitch.
  • Options
    brian96brian96 Posts: 830 New Member
    edited June 2010
    You can use cheats.
    Enter:
    testingcheatsenabled true
    Then:
    Shift click on a the ground on a residential lot and there should be a 'Spawn Job...' button. Since you're level 9 Large House Fire should be an option.

P.S.
    This works for all professions although the options in 'Spawn Job...' differ for each one.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited June 2010
    gotta be a glitch. My sim started getting large house fires seems like pretty early on. We even got a couple of earthquakes to deal with. Gosh, that would make the firefighter profession kinda dull, with only small house fires. I for one have not gotten any angry gnomes yet..that sounds kinda funny. Hope you can get that resolved soon.
  • Options
    sariahmoon1sariahmoon1 Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2010
    My sim is a level 6 fire fighter. He's gotten mostly small house fires but did have 1 large fire and had to rescue 2 people.. and an encounter with 2 angry gnomes.
  • Options
    ZoeBaloneyZoeBaloney Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Same for me, my sim didnt get large fires until he was level ten, and hes only had two so far. Actually he only ever had small fires until he was level ten, it was very annoying!
  • Options
    Chloe0610Chloe0610 Posts: 119
    edited June 2010
    My sim has the save 30 sims lives and I had a gass leak emergency and saved a sim from it but it didnt register on the lifetime wish as 1/30 :(
  • Options
    jckillazz7jckillazz7 Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    if the gas leak was in a rabbit hole they don't count. What i have noticed about the fire's it varies a lot. its almost random but should be more frequent level 5 and up plus make sure when you are at the fire house or your house click on char and make sure to upgrade your extinguisher. makes it faster to put out a fire. and what bothers me about the firefighter career the most is at level ten you get a woohoo4000 but its kind of pointless you never use it unless you make it preferred.
  • Options
    savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2010
    I had a large fire right when they became available. I think it's just random
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    my sim at level 4 to 5 had large house fires but mostly was small house fires but i think its random
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2011
    everyone gonna hate me for bring old posts up again but I try to answer older post some go without being answered. Your get large fires when you are athletic enough to handle the big hose on the firetruck and handy enough to handle the Axe you can reach level 10 at firefighting with not munch skill increase but if your not athetic enough to hold the hose the water might shoot you into the fire just kidding. Also the Axe is heavy you need handiness and athletic skills high enough to get large fires.
    Level 1 alerm mostly small fires Level 2 Alerm alot fire big fires come more often. You need to upgrade the fire alerm to get to get big house fires also you need to be somewhat friendly with the firefighters their. When your ready to get big house fires a popup window will say your now ready for Big house house fires.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."