The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing as soon as entering live play?

Hey there,

I searched for my specific problem and wasn't able to find the exact issue, so I will write it here in hope a techie can help me.

* I recently uninstalled all Sims 3 games, stuff packs and expansions.
* Before I uninstalled this same issue was occuring.
* I re-installed all back, got a couple in the wrong order but everything updated fine.
* I went into the game and adjusted the screen to my own monitor size, which was fine, no probs there, although the game said it didn't recognise my graphics card. Recently upgraded power and graphics card to GeForce GTX 460. As I said though it was happening before the upgrade.
* I was able to design my sim. No cc except a few variations of colours only.
* Went into the game, chose the household and moved them in.
* The minute I went into live play, it closed down to the desktop.

I have upgraded drives, DivX etc, so not sure what is going on and would appreciate any assistance, thanks. :cry::(
These are the stats of my computer:
Windows XP Professional
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 Dualcore 4,200+, MMX, 3DNow(2cpu's)
Memory: 3072 MB RAM
Directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Graphics: NIVIDIA GeForce GTX460 - memory:1024.0MB Version: 6.14.0012.6099
Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 Bit,60Hz)

regards, Jen

Comments

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited April 2011
    did you uninstall and reinstall your EADM
    and did you add your games to DEP exceptions?
    oow785m
  • Options
    JendowozJendowoz Posts: 60 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi Pamela,thanks for your prompt reply.

I updated EADM but not re-started the computer as yet, I may have to do that.
    DEP Exceptions, what is that? something to do with the expansions I assume?

regards, Jen :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3697

here is a link to explain

I can't find anything specific for XP so hopefully you can figure out the difference there, good luck
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi again, Pam

I added the games in the DEP's for those suggested. Do I need to do it for all of them, or just the ones they suggest on that link you sent me.
    I didn't unistall and re-install EADM a window came up but only showed sims 2 and 3 base games. Not sure what all that meant.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    I have mine added for all of them, they suggest you uninstall and reinstall, but if its current and working, it shows the base and whatever digital dl's you have on your account, the current one has an orange and black icon, but there are threads on how to discern what version you are using if you need, its also reccommended that you make sure your adobe is up to date as the EADM uses it, you might want to just try with what you have added and see if it is resolved then add the others if it hasn't.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Pam,

Just want to say, thank you so much! I added all the games and it is now working fine. You are a gem, thank you. :wink:

I realised the manager comes up each time now and ask for codes, is that as a safety net to back up which games you have already?

Kind regards, Jen :D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm very glad it worked out, I'm not sure why the manager is asking for codes, perhaps a mod or guru will be able to answer that for you, hope you have a wonderful Easter! :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Pam,

One more question, why do some friends in the sim's relationships have red around them. They became friends very quickly, is it an attraction scale, like the lightning symbols we used to have in Sims 2?

• Options
    edited April 2011
    like their background? sounds like they are vampires
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Hi Pam,

Yes I found that out, thanks. They are vamps. I am going to have to cure this one, if there is a cure, he is cute and my sim and he made friends ultra quickly.

regards, Jen :?