The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teenagers

I'm currently playing with a family consisting of a single mother with 2 teen boys. I'd like for the boys to get part-time jobs to help build the family funds. I noticed that I have a hard time keeping their energy and moods up in between going to school, doing homework, and sending them to work. I'm trying to find out different ways to keep their moods up because watching tv only just isn't cutting it. What do you guys do and sorry if there is a thread on this already.

Comments

• Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited March 2011
    I feel your pain, i usually end using cheats!
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited March 2011
    I am a self-proclaimed cheater but I have been known to play legacy and not cheat.

I usually get a hot tub. That brings their fun up. Also, there is a reward that allows them to be able to do homework and keep a job without causing conflict or exhaustion.

different channels on tv grab their interest, dancing, reading, computer games, chess (although it's slow), telescope.

Hope this helps. :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2011
    Make sure that they have one of the most expensive types of bed. Teenagers have been hit hard by the "Sleep well" moodlet glitch. But if you either wake them before they've got a full night's sleep or have them sleep in one of the most expensive beds, their moodlets stay up better.
  • Options
    AJD2AJD2 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I will look into getting a hot tub and better beds :P
  • Options
    airotciv54airotciv54 Posts: 459 Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't let my Sim kids have jobs, they can learn so much more at home (skills).
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2011
    Instead of having them get regular jobs that just exhaust them for little pay, instead, have them collect. If they find enough gems to unlock the Heart Shape cut, they can turn one pink diamond worth a little over $1,000 into $7,000 or more. Yeah, the cut is expensive but worth it!

Insects are another great way to make money. Just have them go to the science lab to sell them tho instead of selling them out of their inventory. The Science Lab pays more.

If they are musically inclined, have them practice an instrument until they can play for tips. If you live in a world with a subway, send them there to play for tips. Sims can make some serious cash that way!

What I like about playing for tips or collecting (or fishing) is that they can do it in their spare time and once they start finding the rarer bugs and gems and metals, they can turn into a lot of easy cash real fast.