May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taco Bell Promotion =/

Okay well, I guess Taco Bell is having a promotion similar to the Dr. Pepper promotion. Good through 5/16/10. Problem is when I go to the Taco Bell website, there is nowhere to redeem the code. Any suggestions Guru shape peoples?

http://www.tacobell.com/

Comments

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited March 2010
    I haven't heard about this promotion. Is it in conjunction with Dr. Pepper for the same items or something completely different?
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi Darkling =)

Well LOL I have no idea seeing how I can't redeem the code. o.O

The 'Pepsi' cup has the code, the code is good for games including Sims 3, Spore and other EA games.

I hadn't heard about it either until I grabbed a Pepsi from there...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm. Well, Dr. Pepper is made by Pepsi so maybe it is the same promotion. Try going to the Dr. Pepper website and see if the code works there.

You're going to make me run by Taco Bell just so I can try this out myself! :lol:
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited March 2010
    Lol Taco Bell? Why would EA choose a company that sells meat that hasn't been graded by the USDA. The lowest quality meat rated for human consumption :x That's why Taco Bell is so cheap.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I wish I could be apart of these promos but they don't have Dr. Pepper or Taco Bell in Aus. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Probably the same reason they partnered up with Dr. Pepper which is nothing more than liquefied sugar guaranteed to make people fat and diabetic before their time--they are a multi-million dollar company and provides EA good exposure for their product.

@tlc,
    Post again if you tried the Dr. Pepper site. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi Darkling, sorry so long for the reply, I had to run some errands. I'm way ahead of ya. I had already tried the DR. Pepper site noted in the sticky. When it didn't work there, is when I posted here. The cup says to go to tacobell.com lol

Sims 3 and Spore etc is pictured on the cup as well.

*Edit*

I decided to try Dr Pepper again. After creating an account there (and probably setting myself up for more junk mail) It allowed me to redeem the code, but when it went to direct me to the page where I would have been able to choose which game and which prize I wanted, I get the 'internet explorer cannot display this page'. Perhaps it is because that promotion is expired? I don't know.

I really wanted that cool car lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hey tlc,

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I found this older thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/164010.page

I don't know if you have already read it but other people seem to be having the same problem as you. So unfair!

I think the Dr. Pepper promotion lasts until the end of the year so I would report it to EA and maybe they will fix the problem and you'll be able to get your cool car. :D

Darkling
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wish I could be apart of these promos but they don't have Dr. Pepper or Taco Bell in Aus. :(

Hi!

Take a look on this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/164010.page

Schweighsr posted on the first page of this thread the address where you can send off via the mail for a free game code. You can get one code per week. I don't know if it is worth the time, effort or money (I have no idea how much postage is there) to do so seeing as you live in Aus but you could always give it a try.

Good luck! :D
  • Options
    Zarah888Zarah888 Posts: 329
    edited April 2010
    Did you fill in ALL the info? I had that problem too, but I didn't fill out any of the address stuff it told me too. When I filled it out (which probably wasn't the best idea, actually) it showed up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi Zarah888 =)

Yeah I did. It said the code was redeemed successfully (on the DR Pepper site) but when I was directed to the next page to choose what I wanted, is when it borked on me.

Thanks for the link Darkling, sadly it won't work for me. Purchase history never has, (except for in game which it doesn't show anything about this promotion) and since I never got to choose a prize, it wouldn't be there anyway. I contacted EA because of the pain it is to redeem my SimPoints I purchase and not being able to view my purchase history. But I never got any proper help with that either.

Rather than go through the pain of dealing with EA tech support, running through hoops to redeem a code when there is nowhere to redeem it like there is supposed to be, I think it would be much easier to learn to mesh, make my own awsing car. =P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SizzilinzippoSizzilinzippo Posts: 3 New Member
    https://www.tellthebell.today/
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top