Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do i get a girlfriend

Alright so my character is aiming to be a heartbreaker i got this girl and we have woohood and all of that stuff

How do i ask her to be my girlfriend?

and how do i get cooking skill points!!

Comments

• Options
    xDiamond_PrincessxxDiamond_Princessx Posts: 1,776 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't remember completely,
    but I think you click on the girl, click Friendly, then it should be there to ask to go steady.

Cooking Skills - take classes, cook meals, watch tv, read books.
  • Options
    ArvigArvig Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can't give a definite answer per-se, but my first sim has managed to get engaged to a girl (The maid to be specific. :) ) already. One thing I did notice is that the Sim you're trying to get into a relationship with has to be happy. Also, watch the window in the upper left corner. It will mention things like "This sims thinks <name> is okay" (<name> being the name of your sim). What you're looking for is something indicating that she is very impressed romantically. (I forget what it was called). I did find it took a few more visits after the first "Woo-hoo" before I could get her to the point of girlfriend. Right after that, my sim proposed to her and she accepted. When I get home tonight, if I have time I plan to have them get married. :)
  • Options
    Yanksfan2194Yanksfan2194 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2009
    And with the cooking i go to my fridge and hit like canned soup and my sim just like ignores the command

and on my stove i cant click on any meals

help a first time sim player please!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That's a major glitch there,
    I believe.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    like the words mac and cheese are there but they r white
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I can't really help you,
    I'm such a noob with TS3. Everyone knows a bunch of stuff, and i'm here like, not knowing anything.

But I think you have a glitch.
    Try unistalling it & reinstalling it.
  • Options
    ArvigArvig Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For what it's worth "Canned soup" (I think) won't give cooking skill since it's a "quick meal". Also, I've been clicking on the fridge to cook things, I never even tried the stove, if that helps any. Pick "Have meal" for just your sim, or "serve meal" for your sim and any guests if you want to cook something that will give skill points. If you want your guest/girlfriend to eat also, on the completed meal after doing "serve meal", click "call guests to dinner".

I might not have the exact right names for the commands but it should be close enough. (I think)
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    like the words mac and cheese are there but they r white

you have to go to the store to buy the stuff to make it when you run out of the ingredients.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    By the way Yanksfan2194 , I can't accept your friends request right now, sorry. The site is ebing screwy for many people, and of course, I'm one of them. It won't let me accept friends.

You can delete me from your list & I'll add you as a friend,
    but if you do that you need to now cause I'm getting off.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    both problems have been resolved

thanks for the help!
  • Options
    ifmemoryservesifmemoryserves Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Your first time playing The Sims is with TS3? Wow, you've got some guts. I'd be pretty terrified. Heck, I'm confused as it is and I've been playing since TS1.