Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saved! I know I did! I saved twice!

I just lost about 20 sim days of gameplay!

In that time:

1. I rose 4 levels on the corporate ladder
2. I met my spouse and married
3. I had two children
4. My eldest sim died after spending 60 hours to accomplish all the writing rewards
5. I moved and proceeded in selling all the items I didn't need (took a solid 30 minutes).

I am extremely depressed right now . . I went through all of that work with crying babies, and it didn't even SAVE!??!

I guess now's the time to try Summerville or whatever that other neighborhood is called =(

Comments

• Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Whoa..
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I feel your pain, that sucks.
  • Options
    7hir7een7hir7een Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to hear about your luck =(
  • Options
    MogifaMogifa Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    similar situation here, 4 hours of gameplay and the thing just decides to lock up on me when my fireplace lights my wood flooring on fire! maybe it was that the whole neighborhood showed up to freak out but still!! Save often (even though it takes forever)
  • Options
    ArvigArvig Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I'm in the habit of saving every 15 to 30 minutes now. When I first started playing I had I'd say a lock up every 3 or 4 hours for the first two days. Then went a week or so no lockups at all, maybe longer. Today, I had 3 lock ups in only 2 hours, then nothing the rest of the day.

One thing I noticed is if I have all my sims in different locations, and I'm clicking quickly between all of them to try to micromanage them, it tends to lock up. Might be a coincedence, might be a pattern, but if you're going to be doing a lot of clicking from one to another, and each is in a different spot maybe that's the time to make sure your save is recent.
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is your windows hard drive getting full by any chance? EA games, TS3 included, uses the stupid documents folders for save files and such, so therein might be your problem since you know you saved.
  • Options
    hop2pophop2pop Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine crashed right after i saved and now my whole Neighborhood save isn't available at the start up menu anymore. Like it dissapeared :(
  • Options
    PerkyRainbow999PerkyRainbow999 Posts: 1,624 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Aww... :cry:

I'm sorry to everyone that is having game difficulties. That would be disappointing. Is there anyway to fix these problems?
  • Options
    TackyVintageTackyVintage Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's a bummer! I'm so sorry! D:
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2009
    Im here to save the day!!! Go look in your mydocuments saved games and look for the save that has .bak on the end. re-name it the same as one of your other backups.