May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons needs an update

MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 107 Member
I would like to see an update for seasons. I think many users probably have this pack already so maybe it could be part of an anniversary thing.

Things I would really like to see...
Updated animations for skating- ability to skate hand in hand, more tricks, longer skating time, actual skating skill, more options to appear like you are skating with others
Seasonal festivals- a lot type that changes with the seasons and a few more festival related activities.
Updated holiday traditions to include more cross pack compatibility
Toggle for creating school holidays so I can give my teen sims a proper summer break.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited May 5
    I would love this! Things I would also love to see:
    • A semi active figure skater career (the outfits are already in the pack!)
    • Holidays applying to university students as well (no major tests on Christmas eve please)
    • New holiday events in the planner where the goals for the holiday becomes to goals for the party.
    • More holiday icons
    • More international holiday traditions: building and flying a kite together; throwing colors at each other, raising and dancing around a maypole... (and the objects that goes with these traditions of course)
    • An overhaul of weather in all different worlds so it makes more sense geographically

Personally I wouldn't mind if weather and seasons were moved to base game entirely, and seasons pack remade to be more a holiday events pack with a lot more depth to celebrations as a compensation for the major feature being moved to base game. Obviously it would need to be toggable on and off for those who do not want weather so it wouldn't be forced on people. But such a move would allow the following to happen:

Holiday festivals in different worlds that has no festivals today, such as... (going off what we have items for today):
    • Mardi gras carnival in Willow Creek
    • Day of the dead celebration in Oasis springs or Selvadorada
    • Chinese new year celebration in San Sequoia
    • Winterfest market in Windenburg
    • Flower market/festival in Newcrest...
    Post edited by JAL on
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I really want the lots from Sims 3 Seasons Back that automatically changed with the Seasons.

I don't think we'll ever get a free pack refresh again, though. They will revisit themes and let us pay for them just how they presumably released the City Living Refresh as a part of For Rent and the Realm of Magic Refresh as Crystal Creations. I don't think they were already working on a Seasons refresh though as that pack always sold well. Refreshes were supposed to increase sales for older Packs. When that didn't go well, they changed the concept, which is quite understandable because as a company they want to make money in the first place.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,058 Member
    edited May 6
    Skating Ideas:

• Couple skating
    • Skating rink without railing
    /Invisible skating rink (it just looks bit weird indoors with that tall railing)
    •Ice Hockey? Curling? Roller Derby?
    •Roller Skating anywhere
    • different skates options/ skating gear cas like knee/elbow pads?
    • Skating competitions (sims will observe)

Season/Holiday Ideas:

• Mini winterfest tree that does big tree things
    • festive window lights (wall lights)
    • door decorations (wreaths and such)
    • Season and weather related likes/dislikes
    • Pie eating and Apple bobbing contest
    • Seasonal park/Festival Ground lot type
    •Building a snow castle (works like pirate ship or such when completed)
    • Trick or Treat interaction (so its not just sims coming to your door you can also visit others to trick or treat)
    •Kissing booth! (Don needs side hustle)
    • choose which households celebrate specific holidays which do not would be cool

CAS:

•Mittens and knitted mittens (can be knitted if player has nifty knitting)
    •More spooky costumes (witch hat without spider, dracula cape and so forth for sims of all ages)
    •correct me if I'm wrong but do infants toddlers and kids get basic winterfest hats? costumes of all kind in this pack? if not they definitely should
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free