Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent question

I have Johnny Zest owning a duplex i downloaded from the gallery. I had him "fill vacancy" and the unit is in poor conditions. I want to make upgrades but the game isn't allowing me to edit the unit unless its unoccupied. How do I make upgrades for the current tenant without moving him out?

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    Through Manage Worlds.

Go into manage worlds, open the unit view of the apartment, click on the unit the tenant lives in, and in the bottom right corner next to Play button there should be an ability to enter build mode on this lot.

And if the tenant is unplayed, you'll have infinite funds to furnish the unit!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Through Manage Worlds.

Go into manage worlds, open the unit view of the apartment, click on the unit the tenant lives in, and in the bottom right corner next to Play button there should be an ability to enter build mode on this lot.

And if the tenant is unplayed, you'll have infinite funds to furnish the unit!

ok so after i do that through manage worlds it will automatically detect the upgrades in live mode?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

@aaronrulz If the landlord is an unplayed NPC, then yes there will be 'infinite funds' in build mode from manage worlds. And yes any changes/upgrades should go through when going into live mode.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png