Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kyle Kyleson question

If I place Kyle in a house, will the game spawn a new sim to randomly drop over to your sims house? or will it still be Kyle?

Comments

• Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 259 Member
    My Kyle Kyleson was killed off at the fresh start of a new game and he hasn't ever been replaced. Sad. I haven't even experienced him yet! May have to start fresh just to experience him!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,974 Member
    Kyle does seem especially vulnerable to neighborhood stories deaths! I have yet to actually meet him.
    (started 2 short term saves since getting Growing Together, and he died almost immediately in both)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,946 Member
    Oh hey, I now have an answer here!

As long as Kyle isn't part of the current household, a tenant of your sim, or a property owner, it'll still be that Kyle.
  • Options
    Hmmm....I wonder if I put him in played households but not actually play him........
  • Options
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    Hmmm....I wonder if I put him in played households but not actually play him........

Then he can still be a Kyle and come stay over. As long as he isn't in the currently active household.

There is nothing requiring him to be unplayed, so he'll be ok.
  • Options
    YES! I'm trying it out! I have a few households that I have in there because I don't want them lost/culled. I think this will work!!!
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Do we need to be in a specific neighbourhood to trigger his visit? I've never lived in the Growing Together neighbourhood and have yet to get a visit from him.....
  • Options
    fae_brass wrote: »
    Do we need to be in a specific neighbourhood to trigger his visit? I've never lived in the Growing Together neighbourhood and have yet to get a visit from him.....

According to tuning files, yes, you do have to live in San Sequoia for Kyle to suggest coming to stay over.

So yeah, that's the thing.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,110 Member
    Kyle along with the two Crumplebottoms have been culled from my save.
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Kyle along with the two Crumplebottoms have been culled from my save.

The Crumplebottoms should be regenerated the way they were at the beginning.

Kyle should not unfortunately...