Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcasters in University

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
So... what university degrees did your Spellcasters do? I'm thinking mine is heading to Britechester, but I don't want that to determine her major. She can always do the non-honours version.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    My Julianna has three degrees. Nothing related to spellcasting.

Culinary Arts
    Language and Literature
    Physics

Culinary Arts because the first career she completed was Culinary. Language and Literature because at the time I was thinking of having her become a best selling author. And physics I can't remember why I chose that. Probably because some of the course titles caught my eye.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Psychology, because most of mine work for the Department for Paranormal Investigations, and I made believe they were attending police academy with extra courses. Psychology doesn't help at all with Paranormal Investigator, it was just for roleplay purposes.

Those of my sims who aren't cops choose whatever they will need for their chosen careers. Spellcasting in my sims' culture is merely a useful skill, not an identity.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks, guys :) These are helpful for thinking this through.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    My latest spellcaster is in Uni for Computer Science, but she's not really pursuing her Spellcaster heritage that much. (her father didn't either) Similarly to EnkiSchmidt, being a spellcaster in my worlds is just a skillset that some sims are innately better at than others.

I mean, overall, I generally do a lot of Literature, Communication, or Art degrees, with the occasional Psychology degree for my Archeologists (whom I always pretend are professors at University, so I give them the teacher careeer) and I almost always play spellcasters, so that's just my personal preferences showing through.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited February 25
    I have 2 spellcasters with degrees. Callisto has a degree in Physics and Adeline has one in fine arts.
    I also have one werewolf with a degree in Biology.

Mostly I decide which degree by looking at the jobs that are linked to it. Callisto is my supersim but she will do a lot of things in game besides magic so she got her degree to help her in the astronaut branch and as a scientist. Adeline was supposed to start in the gardening career because that job fits the spellcaster vibe in my humble opinion.

I think several degrees can be linked to spellcasters if you want. I see spellcasters studying history (for ancient magic), fine arts (for the art of magic), culinary arts (better with ingredients makes better potion brewers) , physics (to understand both the natural and supernatural world).

What really helped me to make university more magical was using a dorm with a strong spellcaster vibe. You can set this dorm (and any other dorm) to the university of your liking before you move a sims in. You can even place a foxbury dorm in the Britechester neighborhood if you want the feel of an old university. Your sims will vanish into a rabbit hole as if they were studying in any other world. I used a dorm created by simproved which can be found on the gallery .
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I can't remember, but I did have the most fun in Uni with my magical sims than any of the normies. :)
    Getting to class was effortless with travel by broomstick.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I had one spellcaster do Biology for the gardening skill, but for the most part my spellcasters mostly don't use their degrees for spellcasting but for other things.
    I recommend potions of plentiful needs for anyone wanting to get through university with high grades and a social life or job at the same time :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Villainy! >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    It depends on his/her/their talent and ability.
    For example, if that sim is already having high skill on art, I will make that sim to study art (with hons).

I like to play spellcaster students because Potion of Plentiful Needs can solve lots of problems
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    My erratic, creative and adventurous spellcaster who also has uncontrolled emotions had a degree in Villainy. She had a lot of fun in Britechester and I think she also went on exchange to Windenburg where I have a university housing, Ubrite commons and a couple of nightclubs, karaoke bar and other bars o:)
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    All my spellcasters with degrees have Fine Arts (Gwen's a painter, Cassie's a musician and their daughter Miranda is a legacy :) )... I think that says more about me than anything else.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls