Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is a good PC with graphics, memory and storage? CC and MM lover.

I really like the input from the community. I really want to upgrade to a pc that can handle all sims 4 games and packs. Something with good memory, graphics and storage. One that handles CC well also. I would like to hear what works best for you and which ones to avoid. SERIOUS responses please. THANK YOU very much.

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Do you have a budget? If there's no budget, getting a gaming computer with top specs or near-top specs will work fine. Otherwise, it would be helpful to know what your constraints are.

My current computer works fine for everything (most packs and 24.4GB of mods/cc): i9, 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD. It's 4 years old and I've felt no need to move the game to my newer computer yet.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    My boyfriend build my one was a lot of money mind you as I have had to upgrade for it water cooling to fit in 😂 I have over a 1tb of space SSD i9 intel unlock processor and RTX 4080 graphics card and I have all of the stuff packs, game packs, EPs and kits plus all of my MODs and custom content and it runs fine
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    - laptop or desktop
    - budget
    - country
    - are there any other games you play

You may get more help over at Answers HQ. The user puzzlezaddict helps others all the time shop for computers.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Thank you guys. I TRULY appreciate the feedback. @SimplyJen I'll go check this out. THANKS!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    I really like the input from the community. I really want to upgrade to a pc that can handle all sims 4 games and packs. Something with good memory, graphics and storage. One that handles CC well also. I would like to hear what works best for you and which ones to avoid. SERIOUS responses please. THANK YOU very much.

Just so you know, I have a top tier gaming PC, but CC will still bog it down. It only happens when I start adding furniture, but for sure, sims 4 just runs super slow with CC and sounds like a fighter jet as it takes off. So don't expect miracles when it comes to that.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Just so you know, I have a top tier gaming PC, but CC will still bog it down. It only happens when I start adding furniture, btut for sure, sims 4 just runs super slow with CC and sounds like a fighter jet as it takes off. So don't expect miracles when it comes to that.

This is not my experience at all with my 4-yr-old computer (stats above) and I almost exclusively use CC (almost 25 GB of CC/mods). I play on ultra and also run apps right next to the Sims game. I have a very large/widescreen monitor so I have Sims take up part and something else next to it and still no issues ... The only time I experience lag (.5 to 3 seconds) is when I switch to build mode or click cook. I think it helps to have a fast ssd. I have a better computer but I have felt no need to move the game over because this one plays it fine.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited January 27
    Just want to say that TS4 is still designed to work on slow computers, and if you just meet the requirements and perhaps a little more, you should be safe without a top notch gaming rig. If you play other, heavier games that is another cup.

My computer was low-end when I bought it 8 years ago, and I'm surprised how well TS4 runs. I have serious lag on the largest lots, but mainly because I pack it with CC, and because I play 150 households on rotation each with several generations of history. That is a lot of stuff to handle by the game. If I start a fresh save the game runs super smooth, so we shall not ignore the negative effect of a long running game. I think what saves me is that my disc has nearly 3 GB free space, but my video card doesn't even have dedicated RAM, so I guess I might be lucky...

I run TS4 with all EPs and some GPs + my Mods folder is 9,35 GB - most CC, only a few mods. While playing the game my web browser (Vivaldi) always runs open in the background because I keep jumping back and forth during my gaming sessions. It has plenty of open tabs, btw. (oups, I just counted those running browser tabs, they are currently 127 and I guess I should start closing some of them, lol...)

Do get a decent computer, but don't expect a flight to the moon only because you get a rig better than required ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    haneul wrote: »

Just so you know, I have a top tier gaming PC, but CC will still bog it down. It only happens when I start adding furniture, btut for sure, sims 4 just runs super slow with CC and sounds like a fighter jet as it takes off. So don't expect miracles when it comes to that.

This is not my experience at all with my 4-yr-old computer (stats above) and I almost exclusively use CC (almost 25 GB of CC/mods). I play on ultra and also run apps right next to the Sims game. I have a very large/widescreen monitor so I have Sims take up part and something else next to it and still no issues ... The only time I experience lag (.5 to 3 seconds) is when I switch to build mode or click cook. I think it helps to have a fast ssd. I have a better computer but I have felt no need to move the game over because this one plays it fine.

I don't have lag, but it does take long to load the game when it's instantaneous without CC. And that stutter when switching to build mode or searching is noticeable enough when you are not used to ever seeing slowdown.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    haneul wrote: »

I don't have lag, but it does take long to load the game when it's instantaneous without CC. And that stutter when switching to build mode or searching is noticeable enough when you are not used to ever seeing slowdown.

My game loads very quickly. It's not quite instant, but it's fast enough to where I would never consider it "bogged down" by CC or that it runs "super slow". I just wanted to clarify my different experiences. My computer's fans also don't care about the Sims. The only time I ever hear them is if I try recording something crazy with ReShade with a ton of different shaders on while also playing 4k videos next to the Sims :# , but I have never had them become noisy during normal gameplay. I don't have any lag during gameplay, even though I play on a CC-heavy 64x64 lot with a full household and lots of visitors. I've also upped the maximum amount of Sims on a lot from 20 to 40 and I'm still not lagging with ultra settings. My save is also 6 years old. So I don't think CC is that big of a deal for a genuinely top-of-the-line gaming rig, especially because I haven't even bothered to try the game on my new gaming rig.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 28
    When I bought the sims4 back in 2014 my computer had... a 1080 with an intel 6th gen I think and the game was eventually installed on an SSD. The game ran...fine but never great even with that setup.

It was only when I got my last computer setup that I felt the game ran good but even then I still get framedrops, I got some mods and cc as well and my save has a lot of sims in it so that could be the issue.

My computer setup that I have now is an RTX 3080 (10GB version) with a i912900K installed on an M.2 NVME.

I would say that The Sims 4 performance can be all over the place so I would recommend investing in a computer that you feel happy with and preferably that you also would like to use for other things like playing other games because the sims4 doesn't use all that power very effectively.

I heavily recommend investing in a computer with a NVME as they make all games load very fast.