Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Private venue for club gatherings

I'm looking for a venue type that allows club gatherings while attracting as few as possible sims. Basically a lot for myself and my club only.

Or would residential + Always Welcome be the easiest solution? I could move one of the club members into the hangout.

(Tried googling, but probably worded it not precisely enough)

Comments

• Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I always use a club member's residence.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 659 Member
    You could lock the doors of a venue for club members only so Townies couldn't get it.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    Nobody shows up on Generic lots.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,925 Member
    Generic, Central Park, National Park
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,582 Member
    Myshuno Meadows also hardly attracts any visitors.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 10
    As far as I know Generic Lots dont allow club gatherings.
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    You could lock the doors of a venue for club members only so Townies couldn't get it.
    That is what I do.
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 520 Member

As far as I know, there is no lot type that would work in the way you want.

The Generic lot type is a total no-go since it is coded such that your clubs can't even gather on such lots.

My workaround for this is to use multi-functional lots and have the Sims in a club set to do things that are not intended for that lot type.

For example, in a multi-functional lot that can function as a bar and a gym, you can set the lot type as a bar and have your Sims' gym/fitness club hang out at the gym part of the lot. The gym part of the lot should be relatively empty (aside from the Sims in the club).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,410 Member
    How about retail lots? As long as you don't open the business, you have the entire lot to your self and your club members.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited January 10
    You can also buy a club door once you figure out a location. They are marked for club members only. I use a club door in the Forgotten Hollow bar I made for Mel & her kids to have club stuff in the basement.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah, residential lot is the only thing that comes to my mind. Generic venues don't allow it, incomplete venues also don't allow it...
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    I'm not sure about the club door. On the one hand, it would be the easiest solution. On the other hand the lot in question is a 20x30 with a very narrow strip only in front of it. It also has bowling lanes, so during bowling hours (if lounge or bar), up to nine sims in ill-fitting bowling outfits would stand outside, possibly causing lag from constantly trying to reach the lanes. Moving the venue over to the empty 40x30 in the neighborhood would put it right next to a pirate ship playground, what would completely ruin the aesthetic.

The never opening Retail lot sounds intriguing! Do Retail lots allow for club gatherings?