Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Won't Launch on Windows 11

Hello,
I recently bought a gaming computer that is running Windows 11 Pro. Sadly, I can't get the Sims 3 to play at all. Once installed, I open the launcher and hit the play button. The launcher closes, and nothing happens. Does anyone know of any fixes or workarounds? I even did a clean install of my system thinking there was something corrupted, and the problem still persists.

Comments

• Options
    GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    me too

i plan to play sims 3 but i get error
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I guess you have a modern Intel 12xxx processor? It's not compatible.
  • Options
    MalwareHunterMalwareHunter Posts: 38 Member
    I have an Alienware system with an Intel 13th Gen processor. However, I did find a patch that allows me to play the game, and I also found patches for the Sims 3 game that used to download through the launcher but now have to be downloaded and installed manually. Played the game all day yesterday with great results and nothing adverse happened.
  • Options
    fraydnervfraydnerv Posts: 5 New Member
    well, at least you have a shot. I bought a new laptop, running windows 11 and EA itself will not install. Error says not finding my internet & haven't found a solution anywhere on the forums, there seems to be lots of people with same issue. So now I'm hoping my old laptop doesn't die too soon, lol
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    This thread has the fix for getting 12th gen and 13th gen processors to work with Sims3:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997158/the-sims-3-and-intel-12th-gen-cpus-workaround-inside/p1
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures