Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lone Traveler Legacy - A Wild West Challenge

PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
This challenge is set in the Wild West era (1850s, give or take), and you will play the life and legacy of a solo traveler who moves around different worlds with their horse, never settling down and living off of ever-changing source of income.
Not all of the options I put in this challenge are strictly historically correct, but I did it for the sake of variety. Adjust the options as you prefer.

You can play it in different ways and different difficulties, and you are free to change some rules if you feel like it.
Be aware that this challenge was created for vanilla play, as I'm a console player and I have no access to mods. You are free to use them or add any CCs you feel necessary, but you might have to adjust certain rules to fit them.
This challenge relies heavily on randomized choices. It's recommended to use a number randomizer to make the choices.

STARTING HOUSEHOLD
You are gonna start the challenge by creating a household with:
  • 1 Young adult sim of any gender (if you want, you can start with a teen. But it will take you a bit longer before you can get an heir)
  • 1 Horse of any breed and gender

Your sim can have whatever traits and aspiration you want, but if you are playing in an historical setting, remember to dress them in a fitting way.
You are allowed just one set of clothes for each outfit category (you may be allowed to add more by random events)

LOTS
Your traveler sim will move from world to world, settling down in small camps (usually the smallest lot in that neighborhood, but choose the one you prefer). You can either live and travel in a wagon, or find shelter in different builds.

When moving, use the freerealestate cheat to afford moving to the new camp (sell the furniture when moving, so you will find them again when visiting again)
Don't use the cheat and gather enough funds to move if you want a higher level of difficulty
  • Wagon Option: Build a small house with the bare minimum to live: a small kitchen (optional), a bathroom with shower(or bathtub) and a toilet, two beds (bunkbeds recommended), a small table (optional)
    It's up to you to make it as big and confortable as you want, but remember it should mimic a wagon, so it's not supposed to be a luxury home.
    Save the lot to your gallery. Every time you move and change world, put down this lot, as if your traveler had stopped the wagon in that place. The position of the wagon and other outdoor furnitures you might want to add to the lot should always be different, so to make every camp you visit different from the others.

• Shelter Option: if you are an eager builder, create a different building for every camp in which your traveler finds shelter. It can be anything, from a run-down building, to an abandoned barn, to whatever you think fit the challenge. These buildings can be as big as you want, but always try to make them feel abandoned and lacking in luxury comfort.

For a higher level of difficulty, move into empty lots and use your funds to build your temporary shelter.

Additional Furniture: you might have to add extra furniture to your lot because of raising your heir, beacuse of your rolled source of income, or as a consequence of an event. When you move, you can decide to take them with you (put them in your household inventory) or leave them there for your next stay.

For both options, you should always put some sort of stable or shelter for your horse, with everything they could need. Since at some point you will play with 2 sims and 2 (or more) horses, I recommend always placing at least 2 horse beds.

Whenever you have to move, randomize:
- Your next stop
- The lenght of your stay
- Which lot traits and challenges the new camp will have (lots traits and challenges are optional, but recommended as they add a bit of spice to your stay).
- Your source of income.

NEXT STOP RANDOMIZER
These Worlds and Neighborhoods are the ones I selected as they felt right for the setting I had in mind. You are free to adjust the list to your liking and the packs you own.

1 Chestnut Ridge (Riders Glen)
2 Chestnut Ridge (Galloping Gulch)
3 Chestnut Ridge (New Appaloosa)
4 Henford on Bagley (Bramblewood)
5 Henford on Bagley (Old New Henford)
6 Moonwood Mill
7 Oasis Spring (Parched Prospect)
8 Strangerville (Strangerville Plaza)
9 Strangerville (Shady Acres)
10 Sulani (Mua Pelam)
11 Sulani (Lani St. Taz)
12 Tartosa (Terra Amorosa)
13 Windenburg (Windslar)
14 Windenburg (The Crumbling Isle)
15 Brindleton Bay (Cavalier Cove)
16 Copperdale (Plumbite Cove)

STAY LENGHT RANDOMIZER

Roll a number between 6 and 17. That is the duration of your stay in that camp before moving again.
Your stay can be cut short by certain events.

LOT TRAITS AND CHALLENGES RANDOMIZER
Traits
1 Great Soil
2 On Ley Line
3 Penny Pixies
4 Sunny Aspect
5 Great Acustic
6 Homey
7 Convivial
8 Bracing Breezes
9 Romantic Aura
10 On a dark Ley Line
11 Vampire Nexus
12 Cat Hangout
13 Dog Hangout
14 Island Spirits

Challenges:
1 Quake Zone
2 Cursed
3 Gordy
4 Gremlins
5 Filthy
6 Spooky
7 Creepy Crawlies
8 Volcanic Activities

You can customize these lists as you want.

Simple Living challenge:
I recommend having the Simple Living Challenge always active, as it add an additional level of difficulty. But if it's not your thing, you can disable it.

SOURCE OF INCOME RANDOMIZER
1 Fishing (3 fishes per day)
2 Gardening (buy just 1 packet of seed for the season you are in when you arrive. Plant 1 seed for each produce and sell them every day)
3 Horse Competitions (1 per day)
4 Odd Jobs (2 per day)
5 Part Time Jobs
6 Selling Items you Find
7 Community Jobs (1 per day)
8 Harvest Oversize Crops (1 type of oversize crop)
9 Playing Guitar (gain money with tips)
10 Woodworking (2 items per day)
11 Knitting (1 item per day)
12 Errands (only if staying in HoB; if not, roll a different source)
13 Training Horses (Breed or Adopt a horse when you arrive. You have as many days as your stay to train them and then sell them)
14 Meditation or Yoga lessons (1 session per day)

Your traveler is supposed to be quite poor and struggle for money, as it makes the challenge more interesting. You are free to adjust your source of income as you prefer.

CONTINUE YOUR LEGACY
Since this is a legacy challenge, your traveler sim will have to generate an heir, who they will have to raise while traveling.

Your traveler is not supposed to have a spouse and more than one child, unless a random event ask you to.
Your traveler can have woohoo partners and romantic relationships if you want, but no marriage and try for a baby unless stated otherwise by a random event.

You will decide when to generate an heir by rolling a number between 1 and 6 as soon as your sim becomes a Young Adult. You will generate an heir when you have that number of days until aging up into an adult.
Example: I rolled a 2. I will generate an heir when the age counter in the sim panel says the traveler has 2 days until aging up into an adult.

When it's time to have an heir, I recommend choosing a sim who live in the same world you are currently staying in as the other parent, as if you met them during your stay.
This is not a strict rule, and you can choose whoever you want.
  • If your traveler is male: when it's time, try for a baby with the sim you have chosen and make sure they are pregnant. Let the baby be born outside of your household and then move them in. You can move them in when they are still a baby or wait until they age into infant.
    You are allowed to change their name. Edit the last name so it matches your traveler's.

• If your traveler is female: when it's time, try for a baby with the sim you have chosen. Make sure to be pregnant.
    You can choose the baby's name, but they will take their father's last name.

You are free to raise your heir the way you want.
I usually roll the kid's favorite color (and then dress them appropriately) and if they need glasses or not.
I have no restriction rules regarding the heir's traits or aspirations

You can consider your current generation complete either when your main sim dies, or when the heir becomes a young adult.
You can play as many generations as you want. I tend to play endless legacies, but you can set a limited number of generations if you want an ending point.

HORSES AND ANIMALS
Your traveler is supposed to travel on horseback or with a wagon, so you must always have at least one horse.
Your traveler will usually outlive their horse, so when your horse die, you can either buy, adopt or breed a new one.
You are allowed to create it in CAS, but if you do that, remove from your funds the 2000$ the game gives you when adding a new member to your household. Then remove a reasonable amount of money as 'payment' for the horse.

When your heir turns into a child, get them a horse.

Other animals

You are free to get other animals, if you want.
Just remember that there are some random events that will add a dog/sheep/goat to your group.

EVENTS
A traveling life is not supposed to be a peaceful one: once a week (I usually do it on Monday, but you can choose whatever day you prefer), roll a random event from the stupidly long list I created.
These events are supposed to make your traveler's life a bit more difficult, mainly by making you lose money. The game feels more challenging when you are struggling for money, but you are free to ignore these events or cheat for money if you prefer a less difficult game.
Some events are more favorable, or will affect your traveler's life in a deeper way.
When you roll and event you can't fulfill because you don't meet one of the conditions, just roll another.

If you are not okay with one of my preset events, change them or add your own.

Event List
  1. ONE-TIME TAX = Pay 500$ for each member of the family. If you don't have enough money, sell furniture or animals.

2. PNEUMONIA EPIDEMIC = Your family is hit by the pneumonia epidemic going around town.
    You can't earn money for 3-5 days. (Randomize how many days)

3. BANDITS ASSAULT = You were assauted during the night.
    Roll the outcome:
    1 = You managed to drive the bandits away
    2 = You fought and got a scar
    3 = They attacked your kid and they got a scar

4. COWBOY PASSING BY = A traveling cowboy is passing by and ask to stay for 2-5 days. (Roll how many days and have them stay as guest)

5. BEAST ASSAULT = You or your kid got assaulted by a wolf/bear/puma and got wounded. (Roll who is attacked and by which animal)

6. SUGAR TAX Pay 1000$ to the Government.

7. A FAMILY IN NEED = One of the family in town is going through a rough time. They can't support all of their kids.
    Take in one of their kids for 4-6 days (Roll how many days and have them stay as guest)

8. ROBBERY = Robbers broke into your camp while you were away. They took half of your money.

9. POLICE INVESTIGATION = You were suspected of being involved in illegal activities. You ended up not being persecuted, but you had to pay a 200-500$ fine. (Roll how much you have to pay)

10. ROUGH NIGHT = You were arrested for a brawl in a saloon. You spent the night in prison and you had to pay 100-450$ to get out. (Roll how much you have to pay)

11. DISTANT RELATIVE = A distant relative contacted you out of the blue. Roll the content of the message:
    1 = You have inherited 50-200$.
    2 = They need some financial help, so you send them 100-400$.
    (Roll how much money you lose/get)

12. VISIT TO THE TAYLOR = You visit the taylor for some new clothes. Create a new set of clothes in each outfit category for each member of the family.
    Pay 200$ for each Sim.

13. HORSE PREGNANCY (only if you have a female horse) = Your mare ran away for one night and came back pregnant. Breed her to a random horse and decide what to do with the foal (keep or sell)

14. STRAY DOG = A stray dog visited your camp. You decided to take them in (Create a dog in CAS. Subtract the extra money you were given by the game)

15. USEFUL PET = You had the chance to buy a goat or sheep at a good price. (Decide or roll which animal you get)

16. HASTLY DEPARTURE = You have to leave your actual camp earlier. Roll a new destination and move

17. ONE-NIGHT STAND (male traveler only) = You have a one-night stand with a friend and knocked her up. You don't take the kid in, but keep in contact with them. (You can have the kid come over for a chat and spend time with them)

18. KID VISIT = If you have a kid(s) who doesn't live with you, have them visit you and stay at your camp for 3-5 days (Roll how many days and have them stay as guest)

19. TRUE LOVE = You discover you have deep feelings for a sim you are close to. Marry them but they don't live with you.
    If you don't have an heir, you will have it with them. You can have more children with your spouse, but they don't live with you (only the heir).

20. MARRIAGE TROUBLE = If you have a spouse, divorce them because they don't accept your traveling lifestyle.

21. ALONE AGAIN = If you have a spouse, they died while visiting you. (Invite them over and kill them with cheats. If you have kids who lives with your spouse, take them in until they turn teens, then move them out into their own household)

22. LOST FARM ANIMAL = A lost goat or sheep wandered into your camp. You decide they could be useful and keep them. (Roll which animal and buy one. You can refund the money spent to get them, if you want)

23. WOOHOO MISTAKE = If you have a spouse, invite them over for some spicy time. You end up generating another kid, but they stayed with your partner. (If your traveler is female, move the baby out to your spouse's household after birth)

24. A MERCY SAVE = You notice a farmer that is going to kill their dog/elder horse. You convince them to sell them to you for 250$ (Roll which animal is involved and use adopt feature to get them)

25. BOUNTY HUNTER = You get news of a bounty on a bandit and decide to go after it.
    Sum all your actual skill level and check the outcome:
    - Total is 30+, you successfully complete the bounty and get 50-100$
    - Total is 20-30, the bounty escapes but you are unharmed
    - Total is 15-20, the bandit escapes and they also robbed you of 200-400$
    - Total is 15 or under, the bandit almost kills you and you get a scar
    (If needed, roll the amount of money you get/lose)

26. POKER NIGHT = You play poker with some locals but lose half of your money or all of your money (Roll which outcome)

27. INSECT INFESTATION = The camp is suddenly infested by insects. (Add Creepy Crawlies to the lot)

28. HORSE COMPETITION = There's a horse competition this week. You decide to participate.

29. HORSE TAX = Pay 200$ for each horse you own

30. HORSE INJURY = One of your horses got injured while you were riding them. Pay 100$ for the vet and let them rest for 1-3 days.

31. TATTERED CLOTHES = Your everyday clothes became too tattered to be used again. Change them into a new outfit and pay 60$.

32. A NEW SET OF CLOTHES = You went into town and decided to buy some new everyday/hot weather/cold weather clothes for the family. Pay 70$ for each new set of clothes. (Roll or decide which category of clothes)

33. A DIFFICULT DECISION (Teen heir only) = Your teen kid decided to stop studying and get a job to help you out. Make them drop out of high school. From now on, roll a source of income for them too when moving to a new camp.

34. THE ORPHAN = Bandits kill off a family, leaving just an orphan behind. You take them in and raise them until they turn into teens. (Check all families living in the same world and roll the random kid that survives. Move them in and kill off or delete the rest of their family. Can be any ages. If no kid is available, adopt them from the agency)

35. SHARED CAMP = Some other travelers are staying at your same camp. Host them for 6 days. (Get a random family from the Gallery/create one and have them stay as guests)

36. CHANGE OF INCOME = Roll a different source of income for the rest of your stay.

37. EVENTFUL YEAR = Roll three events for this year. One now, one on Thursday and one on Saturday

38. HORSE BREEDING (male horse available) = You receive a studding request from another family with a mare. Have your stallion breed with the other horse and get paid the sum of all the horse skills x10

39. HORSE BREEDING (female horse available) = A friend is looking for a horse and ask to have a foal from your mare. Have your mare breed with a stallion (favor theirs if they have one) and then sell them the foal. If you have both a stallion and a mare, you can have them breed.

40. WISH FOR A FOAL = A family is looking to buy a horse. If you have a mare and a stallion, breed them together and then sell the foal (try to achieve temperament lv 6)

41. WILD HORSE = You managed to tame a wild horse that was hanging out near your camp. Keep them or sell them after 5-8 days of training. (Adopt a horse. If by the time you finish training it has 10 or more level in skills, you can change its trait to better ones if you want to keep them)
Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
Post edited by PifflePrincess on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Feel free to customize this challenge to your liking.

I would love to hear about your traveler's adventures, and I'm open to suggestions about additional events.

If there's something about the rules you don't understand, just ask. It's my first time posting a challenge and I might have forgot to write something

If you want, you can upload your wagons or shelter on the gallery with the #lonetravelerchallenge tag, so other people can find it!
    Post edited by PifflePrincess on
  • Options
    Here's my 1st generation traveler, Logan, with his heir, Alta
    189cbcf452e37-screenshotUrl.jpg

Alta's first ride on her mare, Rebel Prophecy
    189cb98dec687-screenshotUrl.jpg

The encounter with a wild beast (random event) left a scar on Logan's face
    189f9b80f7164-screenshotUrl.jpg
  • Options
    xaenythxaenyth Posts: 14 New Member
    This challenge is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work. I plan on starting it ASAP.
  • Options
    xaenyth wrote: »
    This challenge is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work. I plan on starting it ASAP.

Thanks!! I always come up with a lot of legacy challenges, but get tired of them somewhere before reaching the 2nd generations.
    This one has been keeping my interest up for several weeks, so I thought it was good enough to be posted here.

By the way, my 2nd gen traveler just had her heir born! And then my 1st gen founder died.
    20230825_110029.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This looks like an enjoyable challenge to play.
  • Options
    Peter (3rd gen heir) out for his first ride in Mua Pelam on his Clydesdale stallion named Big Wall
    18a37b3e2818-screenshotUrl.jpg
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    This looks fun! I definitely want to try it!
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @PifflePrincess - Love this challenge. Just a suggestion: For a rags to riches start, I would suggest you roll for the income randomizer when your sim first arrives on their lot. So, on Sunday, instead of Monday. So, instead of wasting time collecting items that you can't sell because you rolled something else on Monday, you could start on the income making right away on Sunday. Especially with rags to riches on a lot that has nothing, your sim's needs plummet fast.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @PifflePrincess

LONE TRAVELLER LEGACY - BILLY BLAZE & THUNDER - ARRIVAL

billy-blaze.png
    It was winter and Billy Blaze and Thunder were on a trek through the mountains when they were lost in a blizzard. They had been camped when an avalanche hit, and luckily they made it out alive.

cover-shot-billy-and-thunder.png

But they had lost everything. With no simoleons, no gear, and only the clothes on his back, Billie and Thunder trudged on hoping to find shelter soon.

it-was-raining-when-he-arrived.png

The weather changed and the rain was pelting down when they arrived in Chestnut Ridge. They headed to a place called Palomino Junction, where Billy figured he would camp for at least 11 days to try to get some simoleons and replenish his supplies before he moved to the next town.

the-neighbors-brought-biscuits.png

The place didn't have much, but there seemed to be an abandoned shack and an outhouse. There was a shelter for Thunder and a pond, where he might catch some fish. There was also prairie grass which Thunder could feast on. (Lot traits were prairie grass and Bracing Breezes; rolled Cat Hang-out and Grody. Also made it off-the-grid.)

the-rusty-horseshow.png

Billy had a good feeling about the place, and soon one of his neighbors came by with some biscuits. Afterwards, he headed to The Rusty Horseshoe, which his neighbor told him about, as they were looking for a piano player. Maybe all those lessons Billy had taken when he was young would pay off. And sure enough, he got the job in exchange for using the facilities and getting free chips at the bar. (Rolled 9 - Play guitar for tips, but since there was no guitar, played the piano).

playing-fortips.png

There was also a fight at the bar that night.

first-night-there-is-a-fight.png

And some of the bar patrons were in shock.

his-friend-umber.png

sims-were-in-shock.png

Thunder had come in to the bar to see if Billy was ready to head home. Billy apologized and said his horse wasn't trained yet.

my-horse-isnt-trained-sorry.png

He bought an old sleeping bag from the barkeep with tips he had earned that night, and had also found some fruit. He set up his camp when he got home and planted the lemon and pineapple.

got-a-sleeping-bag-and-plants-lemon-an-dpineapple.png

Then it started to snow.

first-snow.png

As he was getting ready for bed, he had some of the biscuits his neighbors brought by. Those vittles never tasted so good.

might-glad-his-neighbors-came-by-ith-the-vittles.png

LOTS-PALOMINO-RIDGE.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy Blaze is a teen. I had him drop out of high school. He started with 0 simoleons. The lot came with the Horse Ranch pack I deleted the cabin that was there, and put in a debug crumbling cabin. I added a debug outhouse from Jungle Retreat wihich is a bathroom and shower combo. The horse shelter is also debug. Billy earned enough tips to buy a sleeping bag ($140). With his next tips, he will buy a water trough ($50), horse feeder ($50). horse bed ($50) and horse ball ($30).

Thunder's traits are Intelligent, Independent and Brave.

Billy's Traits are Hot Headed and Romantic, and his Aspiration is Championship Rider.

They are available for download on the gallery.

blaze-download.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @PifflePrincess

LONE TRAVELLER LEGACY - BILLY BLAZE & THUNDER - WEEK 1

billie-and-justine.png
    After a good night's rest, Billy was ready to head to town again. The barkeep had said he could come in during his stay and play the piano anytime.

camping-out-moodlet.png

Billy had harvested some prairie grass and fed Thunder some for breakfast.

feeding-some-prairie-grass.png

As Billy was preparing to leave, he heard some shouts and turned around and saw a family approaching. They introduced themselves as the Ridge Family and were travelling to their cousins' homestead in another town and wondered if they might stay with Billy for 6 days while they got some supplies and got their horse, Jolly, re-shoed. (Rolled 35 - Shared Camp - Some travellers will stay 6 days with you at your camp.)

ridge-family-visit-for-6-days.png

The family consisted of Patrick, an elder, his daughter Stephanie, and his granddaughter, Justinee. Billy agreed and since it was breakfast time, offered them some of the biscuits his neighbor had given him. They were very grateful for Billy's kindness.

he-didnt-have-much-but-he-shared-some-biscuits-with-them.png

Patrick unpacked the sleeping bags, and gathered some wood, and soon had a roaring fire going.

soon-they-had-a-roaring-fire-going.png

While Billy brushed their horse, Jolly, he found out that Justine was his age, and that she was homeschooled. Her mother, Stephanie started on their lessons right away.

justine-was-eing-homeschooled.png

Billy spoke to Patrick and told him the way to town, and where Billy would be. Billy then headed off to play some piano at The Rusty Horseshoe.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy's tips were getting better and near dinnertime, the Ridge family walked through the door. Billy took some time to introduce them to the barkeep where Patrick struck up a conversation with some of the locals. Stephanie had gone to use the facilities, which left Justine and Billy alone. Billy asked Josephine if she wanted to dance.

dancing-with-justine.png

Billy and Justine talked for a long time, telling stories about trail life. Billy may have embellished his a bit to impress Justine, but it didn't take too much, and they became friends. Billy even thought that maybe Justine had a crush on him, but he figured he was just imagining it.

telling-stories-of-trail-life-lone.png

billy-blaze-justines-crush.png

Patrick had bought some supplies and made some mushroom steak on the grill for everyone. It was rather tasty.

EATING-MUSHROOM-STEAK.png

And soon Billy's horse Thunder came to get him, and it was time to go home.

his-horse-came-to-get-him-must-be-time-to-go-home.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

There were also some other visitors who came during the week. And Billy met quite a few stray cats.

a-cat-came-to-camp.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They also had a fire at the camp, but Justine and Patrick had quickly put it out before any of the sleeping bags caught on fire.

and-the-fire.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another teen came for a visit who was passing through, Rohan Elderberry.

chat-with-rohn.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy continued to play for tips during the week.

gpy-jod-gotdy-tip.png

He was even lucky and got an autograph from a famous celebrity. The barkeep told Billy that the autograph would fetch him some simoleons if he held on to it for a day or two.

you-saved-my-life-mam.png

And soon the 6 nights were over, and on Saturday, the Ridge Family were heading off. But before they did, Justine gave Billy a gift. Patrick said that if he was ever in Glimmerbrook, to stop on by for a visit.

a-figt-for-you.png

The weather was freezing and there was more snow coming, but even though Billy told them to stay until the weather was better, Patrick said they had to go. And so, they left during a blizzard and Billy hoped that they would find shelter tonight.

the-rige-family-were-on-their-way.png

By mid-morning, the weather had gotten so bad, that Billy knew he couldn't sleep outside tonight. He decided to venture into the cabin to see if he could sleep there.

what-am-i-doing-out-here.png

freezing-blizzard.png

When he opened the cabin door, he realized that it wasn't in that bad a shape. There was a wood burning stove, a rocking chair with a knitting basket beside it, and a small kitchen area. He swept away as much dirt as he could, rolled out his sleeping bag and lit the fire. This would be a nice warm place to sleep tonight.

very-small-cabin-with-sparse-furnishings.png

He went out to the horse shelter and laid down some extra straw for Thunder and ensured that Thunder's feed dish was filled.

ensured-that-thunder-was-ok.png

And Billy wasn't the only one seeking shelter tonight, as a barrage of cats wandered in and out of his door probably drawn to the heat of the fire. He didn't mind. He spied a knitting pattern book in the knitting basket and sat down on the rocker and tried his hand at making a beanie.

the-cats-snoozing-in-front-of-the-fire.png

After making one last round to check on Thunder and running to the outhouse to use the facilities, Billy settled down for the night.

billy-asleep.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I placed 3 sleeping bags and a firepit for the Ridge family, and then sold them again when they left, adjusting Billy's simoleons accordingly. I didn't play the Ridge family, and left them to roam free. They showed up at The Rusty Horsehoe and Patrick autonomously made mushroom steak on the grill outside. Stephanie had some prairie grass in her inventory, and that was the gift that Justine gave Billy when they left.

From the tips Billy made, he was able to furnish the crumbling cabin. (I actually just traced the cabin's walls and created the new cabin.) By the end of week 1, he had $1,235 simoleons left.

The Ridge Family was a random family I downloaded from the gallery:

risge-family-credit.png

Billy's personal inventory items after week 1. He has found some items and is breeding frogs, but hasn't sold any yet. A lot of the food in his inventory are empty plates because he doesn't have a trash can on his lot. lol

inventory-items-wk-1.png
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 I love your take on my challenge!!!! Such a great story!!
    I've never thought about starting with a teen, but that's a good option to include in the rules!!!

And yes, source of income needs to be rolled whenever you set a new camp or move, no matter what day of the week it is. The only fixed day (on Monday) is for events.

I can't wait to see how Billy's story continues!
  • Options
    @PifflePrincess

LONE TRAVELLER LEGACY - BILLY BLAZE & THUNDER - WEEK 2

your-doing-real-good-with-that-bottle-billy.png
    The blizzard cleared up overnight and Billy was well-rested the next day. Apparently so was his horse, Thunder, who had snuck into the cabin during the night.

apparently-not-the-only-animal-that-came-in-last-night.png

snug-as-a-bug-modlet.png

Billy had been given some fruit by the barkeep and made himself some fruit salad for breakfast.

making-some-breakfast.png

While he had been playing piano at the bar, he had heard stories of gold mines, and sightings of a mysterious ghost horse. Billy decided that he would try and find some of these marvels and explore the canyon today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While riding. he saw a training area for horses. He had heard about the horse competitions in town, and just for fun, he had Thunder do some jumps and also do the barrel course.

practicing-jumps.png

training-horse-on-barrels.png

Thunder was at ease on the course, and Billy figured that with some training, Thunder would be a good competitor. Maybe even become a champion.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They explored a lot of trails, but Billy never did find the "canyon cave" that some of the residents talked about.

billy-and-thunder-with-rainbx.png

He did head down a trail that led to an abandoned cabin and a horse grave. Billy got off Thunder to pay his respects, and as he looked across the ravine, he could have sworn he saw a ghost horse on the other side.

could-it-be-a-ghost-horse.png

Was that the ghost horse that he had heard about?

ghost-horse.png

He squinted in the darkness, but the apparition seemed to have disappeared, and Billy figured that it was just some shadows. It was getting late, so he mounted Thunder again, and headed home, thinking about the horse grave that he saw.

mysteries-of-the-ghost-horse-behimd.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday and he got some bills delivered. Bills? This wasn't even his place. Must be some past due bills from the old tenant, but since he was using the space, he decided to pay them.

billsweek-1-mon.png

While he was paying the bills, a travelling cowboy was passing by and asked if he could stay for 2 days. The cowboy's name was Lias, and he told Billy that his horse, Misty, needed to be fed and watered as they had travelled many days. Billy told the cowboy that he was leaving on Wednesday, so that would be fine. (Rolled 4 - COWBOY PASSING BY = A traveling cowboy is passing by and ask to stay for 2-5 days, then rolled a 2 for the number of days.)

lone-cowboy-comes-to-stay.png

They chatted for a bit, and Billy told Lias the way to town and told Lias to make himself at home as Billy was off to The Rusty Horseshoe.

photo-with-lias.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy made more tips and a new celebrity was spotted. He got another autograph.

another-celebrity.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Billy went back to camp, Lias was waiting to speak with him.

your-horse-thunder-got-my-misty-pregnant.png

He told Billy that when he had gone jogging, that Thunder and Misty had gotten to know each other rather well, and now Misty was expecting.

seems-like-thunder-is-lovelorn-too.png

misty-is-expecting.png

misty-is-in-1st-trimester.png

Billy's mouth fell open and wasn't sure what to say. Lias told Billy that he would have to stay longer, as he wasn't able to ride Misty when she was pregnant. Billy explained to Lias that this really wasn't his land, and that he, too, was just passing through and thought this was a good place to camp.

thunder-and-misty-got-to-know-each-other-i-think.png

Lias wasn't too happy about Misty being pregnant, but he couldn't blame Thunder for his choice. Misty was one special horse. He really didn't want to take a foal on his travels with him, so Lias figured that he would go to the Equestrian Center in town and see if any sim wanted to purchase the foal once it was born. That is, unless Billy wanted to take the foal, since Thunder was the father. Billy wasn't sure what he wanted to do.

Lias made a campfire and had prepared some campfire stew for them, and he and Billy chatted. The topic of women and romance came up and Lias asked Billy if he had someone special. Billy said he didn't, but had been feeling a bit Lovelorn lately, and had been getting "feelings" around some of the teen gals at the bar.

billy-had-been-getting-feelings.png

lovelorn-poor-guy.png

Lias laughed and said that was normal. Lias understood Billy's feelings because Lias claimed to be a romantic at heart himself.

lias-luaghing.png

Lias told Billy that he had had his share of romances, but preferred the single life and travelling on the trail. Billy seemed to be in awe of Lias, and quietly asked him about woohoo.

asking-about-woohoo.png

Lias went into great detail as he gave Billy the "woohoo talk".

giving-gh4-woohoo-talk.png

the-whoohoo-talk-both.png

And, at one point Billy looked at him wide-eyed when Lias talked about woohooing in a bush with a "hot" señorita that he had met on the trail.

in-a-bush.png

When Lias went to check on the horses and use the facilities, Billy sat there thinking about their conversation. He smiled and knew that trail life was the life for him.

this-was-the-life.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On Tuesday, Billy was up before sunrise and saw that his lemon tree was in bloom. He harvested all he could.

his-lemon-tree-grew.png

Lias went to check on Misty, who was now showing. Lias told Billy that the foal would be born soon, and that Billy should delay his departure to witness the birth. Billy was rather excited about seeing the new foal, so figured he should stick around. In the meantime, Billy headed off to The Rusty Horseshoe to make some more tips.

hos-it-going-girl.png

Egads! And later that day, there was another fire! Grr...

another-fire.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday came and Billy had decided to stay to give Lias a hand with the birth. He had never helped birth a foal before, but Lias told him it was something that Billy would remember for the rest of his life.

soothe-horse-in-labor.png

And suddenly, Misty went into labor. Lias told Billy that sometimes it took hours, and he said that Misty was a bit nervous because this was her first.

But with some soothing words, Lias was able to keep Misty calm.

its-her-first-shes-a-bit-scared.png

And so they waited....and the hours ticked by...and soon it was nightfall and Misty had still not given birth. Lias was concerned because he thought it might be a breach birth.

juniper-can-you-come-over-we-have-a-horse-in-labor.png

Billy told Lias that he knew someone who could help, and called Juniper Grove and explained the situation.

It was almost sunrise when Juniper arrived and almost immediately Misty gave birth to a filly. Lias gave Billy the honor of naming her, and Billy named her Duchess.

and-duschess-is-born-on-thursday-morning.png

Thunder came over to meet his daughter and they had a special moment together.

blaze-and-his-daughter-duchess.png

Lias and Juniper had talked about the hardships of trail life, and Juniper said that it would be several months before Duchess was weaned. Lias wasn't sure that he could stick around that long, and was thinking of selling Duchess at the Equestrian Center. Juniper looked at Duchess and said that she had the traits to become a champion horse, and it would be a shame to sell her. Besides, Duchess was part Mustang, and Juniper and her family were well-known for breeding Mustangs. After talking some more, Juniper suggested that she and her family keep Duchess for them, and when they next travelled to Chestnut Ridge, they could stop by and look in on her. Lias thought that was a great idea and told Billy that they now had a horse together.

juniper-is-going-to-look-after-duchess-for-me.png

After saying his farewells to everyone, and giving Misty and Duchess a last pet, Billy packed his belongings and was about to head off. Lias stopped him and handed him a gift as thanks for giving him shelter and being a friend. He also winked at Billy and told him to "be a gentleman" with all the ladies he meets on the trail. Billy felt himself blush a bit as he remembered the "bush" tale.

i-want-you-to-have-this.png

Lias had a good chuckle and gave Billy a hug good-bye. And so, with his saddlebag packed, Billy and Thunder headed down the trail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yes, Billy was supposed to leave on Wednesday; however, he delayed his departure by 1 day to witness the birth of the foal. Yeah, I know, I broke the rules already, but seriously, in real life, if you had no set agenda and were given the opportunity to see a foal born, you would do it. So, when I roll for the next stay, I will just deduct one day off of that to equal things out. When the Ridge family had stayed, I had Billy encourage Thunder to mate with their horse, but nothing came of it. But with Misty...well...things turned out differently. lol

I downloaded Lias from the gallery, and just created Misty in CAS. Lias has the romantic trait and I thought it would be funny if Lias gave Billy the "woohoo talk". Lias had found some items and so everything in his inventory was gifted to Billy, including horse manure, prairie grass and chocoberry. I moved Lias, Misty and Duchess in with the Groves.

lias-credit.png

Here are Duchess' traits:

duchess-blaze-is-born.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @PifflePrincess

LONE TRAVELLER LEGACY - BILLY BLAZE & THUNDER - WEEK 2 (Thursday to Saturday - cont'd)

spied-a-fox-and-sang-to-it.png
    Billy and Thunder travelled quite a distance on Thursday until they came upon a place called Henford-on-Bagley. They were in an area called the Isle of Volpe in the Bramblewood, and Billy thought the area looked just fine and he decided to stay for 2 weeks. (Rolled 14 days, but he will actually stay for 13 days as I am deducting one for over-staying on Palomino Junction).

arrival-facing-us.png

He entered a clearing and spied a run-down cottage, an old chicken coop and an animal shelter, and thought this would be a good place to camp. He also saw some other forest creatures and stopped to sing to a fox. (The lot came with the Wild Foxes lot trait; Rolled 6 - Spooky and Rolled 3-Penny Pixies. I also made the lot off-the-grid.)

backof-house-with-horse-stall.png

chicken-coup-on-the-property.png

After he unpacked his saddlebag, he ventured into the cottage to look around. The stone walls had cracks in them and he spied a few cobwebs. but after some cleaning, it looked pretty good. There was a fireplace, an old bed, a rocking chair, some books and what looked like a basket filled with hoops.

inside-with-rocking-chair.png

The kitchen was small, but there was a gas stove that worked. Billy was looking forward to cooking some meals on it, but first he needed some supplies. On his way here, he had passed a sign for the Village of Finchwick, so perhaps he would be able to find something there. But before he could head off, one of his neighbors, Derek McMillan, came for a visit. (And, might I add, they didn't bring any fruitcake. I am sure it was a glitch.) They chatted for awhile, and Billy asked if Derek knew of any jobs in town. Derek told him that Billy might try talking to Kim Goldbloom, the Grocery Shop Owner, as sims were always looking for someone to run errands for them. (Rolled 12 - Income is errands).

meetng-his-neighbors.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy and Thunder headed towards town, and there Billy found a grocery stall owned by Kim Goldbloom and a flower stall co-owed by Agnes Crumplebottom and her cousin, Agatha. When Billy enquired about a job, both Kim and Agatha were so pleased he had asked, and quickly gave him some errands to do.

mrt-domr-of-the-villagers-and-asked-how-he-might-get-work.png

Agatha took Billy aside and told him she wanted him to talk to a gnome and get the gnome gossip, and also to find 2 single sims. Billy figured this wouldn't be too hard to do.

do-i-gnme-you-errand.png

Kim, on the other hand, was so busy, and she asked Billy if he could get 4 grocery orders for her. Plus, she was working so hard that she had forgotten to eat, and if he could pick her up something at The Gnome's Arms bar, she would appreciate it.

too-busy-kim-goldbloom.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy had remembered seeing a gnome by the Gnome's Arms, so he would do two errands in one swoop, by chatting with the gnome first for Agatha's errand and then getting some food to-go for Kim's errand.

talking-to-a-gnome.png

Billy did feel a bit strange talking to the gnome, but if it meant he would get some simoleons, he would do it. In his mind, he started to spin a story that he could tell Agatha of the gnome gossip that he had "heard".

He then went into the Gnome's Arms and ordered some eggs and toast to go....and also got those grocery orders. While he was waiting, he saw Rohan Elderberry who he had met in Chestnut Ridge. He asked Rohan if he was single...um...asking for a friend...and indeed Rohan was.

meeting-rohan-again.png

Billy brought Kim her dinner, and also those grocery orders. But, apparently everyone ordered eggs, so now he needed to get a dozen "white" eggs. Kim suggested that he could purchase some chickens...and she heard that the Watson farm had some for sale. He would check that out tomorrow.

he-went-to-the-bar-to-get-some-dinner-for-kim.png

all-eggs.png

Billy saw a teen skating, and though that maybe he would ask her if she was single. (As a teen, Billy can only ask other teens if they are single, so makes this a bit harder).

And so he went skating and practically fell on poor Greta Laurent, but did ask her if she was single. She was!

skating-and-practically-collided-into-a-teen-gal.png

He saw Agatha and told her the gnome gossip, and the names of the 2 single sims. She seemed rather pleased, and thought it would be sweeter if he brought her a dessert.

reporting-on-gnome-gossip.png

The market stalls were closed and it had started to snow, so Billy decided to head home and continue on those errands tomorrow.

it-hd-started-to-snow-and-billy-made-his-way-home.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday morning, and Thunder snuck inside again to sleep.

and-his-horse-was-inside-again.png

Billy decided to make some pancakes, and he also made a nice white cake for Agatha.

made-pancakes.png

Before heading to town, he took a walk around, and collected some items, including a lot of mushrooms.

VIEWING-MUSHROOMS.png

As he walked along the trail, he met Rahmi Watson. He spoke to her about buying some chickens, and she said she would deliver them later that morning.

meeting-rashida-watson.png

And sure enough, by the time he got home again, a hen and a rooster were in his chicken coop. He named the hen Maple, and the rooster Marvin.

billy-and-his-chickens.png

He then headed to town to deliver the dessert to Agatha and she was so pleased. And Billy finishes his first errand! Agatha gave him $175 simoleons, and also some oversize seeds and a cute garden gnome. (1 - Completed Do I Gnome You errand).

delivering-dessert.png

completed-his-first-errand.png

He stopped by the Gnome's Arms and met Argus Rhoades, who was a grocery delivery clerk working for Kim Goldbloom. He had a package to deliver, and since Billy was new in town, it would give Billy a chance to meet some sims and also get some simoleons for delivering a package.

argus-rhoades-grocery-delivery.png

After a few unsuccessful attempts, he was able to find the right sim and handed them the package.

he-found-the-person-for-the-package.png

Argus gave him $90 simoleons, some aubergine parmesan, some berries and a watermelon cross-stitch pattern. And now Billy knew what those hoops were in the box at his cottage. (2 - Completed A Friendly Visit errand).

completed-pkg-delivery.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, and Billy collected his first eggs. He hoped those sims were patient for their grocery orders because he only collected 1 egg.

He decided to head to town again, and this time met Agnes Crumplebottom at the garden stand. When Billy said he could help her with errands, she wasn't so sure, so gave him a test.

helps-agnes-crumplebottom.png

what-he-has-to-do-for-anes.png

She wanted him to plant an oversize pumpkin, and luckily for Billy, Agatha had given him pumpkin seeds yesterday. He would do that when he got home. Then, Agnes wanted him to go and scold Kim Goldbloom for flirting. For flirting? Really? Geez! Agnes was a meanie. And then she said she was thirsty and wanted Billy to bring her a glass of milk.

Okay, well, he headed over to the grocery stall, and saw that Kim had some milk for sale. So he bought some, and then, he grudgingly scolded her. By the look on Kim's face, he wasn't sure he liked this errand too much. I guess Kim forgave him, because she wanted him to deliver a rose to the Creature Keeper. Who the heck was that?

But he did deliver the milk to Agnes and she seemed somewhat pleased with him.

delivering-the-milk-to-agnes.png

He then asked Agnes if she knew who the Creature Keeper was, and she pointed to a figure of a sim in a knight suit. And so, off Billy went to give the rose to the Creature Keeper from Kim. (For some reason, the Creature Keeper is not Michael Bell, but a sim named Nina Hanco ck. I later found Michael Bell living in Strangerville).

found-the-creature-keeper.png

The Creature Keeper thought that maybe Kim had the wrong idea, and told Billy to give his regards to Kim, and also handed Billy a box of mushrooms for Kim.

neautiful-flower.png

got-a-gift-in-retrn.png

He went over and delivered the items to Kim, and gave her the Creature Keeper's message. She didn't seem too pleased. Before anything further happened, Billy figured that he should head home.

their-regards-to-jim.png

When he got home, he planted his pumpkin seeds and hoped that they would grow in the cold weather. (I did make a covered area for the garden).

planting-pumpkin.png

Then he settled in for the night, and decided to do some cross-stitch.

doing-some-crossstitch.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Isle of Volpe Bramblewood lot was a national park, but just changed it to residential. I made the run-down cottage out of debug pieces and walls. The lot was expensive because of all the trees and shrubs. I could have changed them all to debug, but this would have taken me too long. There is a pond where he can fish, which came with the lot, and I also added the Jungle Adventure toilet/shower combo outhouse. The horse shelter is debug, and I added all the necessary horse items. I placed the chicken coop, but it is empty.

Billy takes his horse everywhere when he travels; however, the horse will not go over the stone bridge in the Bramblewood from his lot. That is unfortunate, as I thought this would be a nice area for Billy to ride Thunder. He does take Thunder to town, though.

There are 15 errands in all. Not sure if Billy will finish all of them, so let's hope he returns to Henford-on-Bagley and rolls that one again.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 It's great that you rolled the errands source of income while in H-o-B!
    And you did an amazing job on adjusting the existing lot and building a run down shelter (I'm not very good at building, so I went the 'wagon' way and I always just put down the same house 🤣)

I always find exciting whenever I have to change world and move camp, so I hope moving was fun for you too!
    I can't wait for Billy to travel more! You are great at storytelling, so I'm looking forward to the time he will have to generate an heir and to see the story that will come from that!!
  • Options
    @PifflePrincess

LONE TRAVELLER LEGACY - BILLY BLAZE & THUNDER - WEEK 3 - Part 1

MAPLE-HIS-FAV-CHICKEN.png
    It was Sunday and Billy headed to town to let Agnes know he planted his pumpkin. And Agnes figured he was more useful than she had thought. Agnes rewarded Billy with $175 simoleons, a cowplant cross-Stitch pattern and some Grow-Fast Fertilizer. Nice! (3 - Completed Another Useless Tourist errand.)

agnes-1st-errand.png

Billy then decided to explore the area around his home some more and discovered some ruins of a castle...

ruins-of-a-castle.png

...and also a run-down cottage...

e-found-a-house.png

...where the Creature Keeper lived. Of course, Billy had to ask if the Creature Keeper needed help with errands, and they did.

this-was-the-creature-keeper.png

goig-to-help-with-mushrooms.png

Apparently, the Creature Keeper needed some chocoberries and spicy mushrooms, and with all the collecting that Billy had done, he just happened to have exactly what the Creature Keeper needed.

he-just-happened-to-have-3-chocoberries-with-him.png

And so, the Creature Keeper made something called mushroom mash and told Billy to eat it and then go and talk to the birds. Well, after Billy had a bit of that mushroom mash, he was feeling rather dazed, and he really thought he heard the birds talk back to him. He so had to tell the Creature Keeper what they said. The Creature Keeper was so pleased with Billy that they gave him $175 simoleons, and all sorts of mushrooms and produce.

mushroom-mahed.png

Afterwards, it started to snow, and feeling a bit dazed, Billy decided to sleep outside as he missed sleeping under the stars. Oh what dreams he had! (4-Completed Mushroom Madness errand).

moon-and-sky.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday and the bills came. Why? Ugh, but Billy paid them anyway.

bills-hendord-wk-1.png

And as he placed the envelope in the mailbox, he saw a wanted poster for a bandit who was on the loose in the Bramblewood. And there was a bounty! He scrutinized the photo, and oh the bandit looked scary! Sure, Billy would do it! Now, where would a bandit possibly hide?

wanted-rev.png

And as he looked around, oh my plumbobs, he saw this suspicious character lurking near his chicken coop. Billy had an old prank buzzer in his pocket and used it to neutralize the bandit until the authorities came and took the bandit away. For his trouble, Billy was given $87 simoleons. A far cry from the $100,000 simoleons that had been advertised on the poster! Hmph! (Rolled 25 - Bounty Hunter - You get news of a bounty on a bandit and decide to go after it. Sum all your actual skill level and check the outcome: Total is 30+, you successfully complete the bounty and get $50-100. Billy had 50 skill points, and rolled the number between 50 - 100 and he got $87).

he-saw-him-lurking-around-his-chicken-coop.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The egg collection was going rather slowly, so he had spoken to Rahim Watson again, and he bought another hen and rooster and called them Henry and Henrietta. He did collect a special egg which was blue, though, and was so happy he gave his chicken a hug.

Egads! And there was a fox after his chickens or his eggs or both! Was it that same fox he had so nicely sung to when he arrived? He would have to talk to that bushy-tailed fox!

bushy-tailed-tief.png

After the run-in with the bandit, Billy decided to head to town again. When he got there, he saw Agatha chatting with some children in a picnic area, and when she saw Billy, she motioned frantically to him. She had another errand for him.

meetin-gsome-of-the-locals.png

meddlin-and-peddlin.png

Agatha really took her job seriously as the town's matchmaker, and gave Billy 2 red roses to give to sims, and to try and get these sims together. Oh, and she had some extra seeds and plants for him to sell, too.

The town square was pretty crowded, so Billy decided to try to match up some sims first. He saw the skating teen from yesterday, Greta, and handed her a rose, although it somehow backfired, and Greta seemed to think that Billy had romantic intentions towards her. Um...no...I mean...oh gosh...he somehow did something wrong. (Poor Billy, I did the interaction from the Romance category and he gave Greta a rose; except this was wrong and there was another interaction that was highlighted in purple to give a rose. lol So, now he has a little pink with Greta. hehehe)

ofering-roses-to-1-sims.png

He looked around for any other teens, and couldn't find any. Drat...his plan to match Greta with another teen didn't work. But then he saw Agnes Crumplebottom in the town square.

He had heard about Agnes' disastrous lovelife from Rahim Watson. Agnes was a widow, and her first husband, Erik Darling died on their honeymoon. That, in itself, is a tragic tale. Then apparently, she re-married a puppeteer, named Robert, who just disappeared one day, never to be seen again. No wonder poor Agnes was disillusioned about romance. Billy looked at the rose in his hand, and had an idea. Maybe if he could help Agnes fall in love, she wouldn't be so upset when she saw others being romantic.

matching-agatha-up-with-someone.png

He went up to Agnes and bid her good day and then handed her a rose, and told her it was from a mysterious admirer. He wasn't sure what she would do, but she took the rose from him and he did see a glint of excitement in her eyes. That lasted a second, and then she turned on her heel and said she had no time for such foolery and had to open her garden stall.

flirt-with-agatha.png

Billy turned around and saw a lonely sim, named Isaac Girard, looking at the fountain in the square. Billy found out that the sim was single and was a writer visiting Finchwick who liked gardening. Ooh...this could be a match for Agnes. He gave Isaac a red rose and told him the rose was from the lady in the garden stall, and that Billy thought that Agnes might be interested in Isaac. Billy encouraged Isaac to head over to the garden stall and try flirting with Agnes. Without hesitation, that is exactly what Isaac did.

Billy thought this was working out so well and he saw Agnes come out from the stall. Ooh...maybe she wanted to give Isaac her number.

obviously-that-match-didn-t-work.png

Um...no...more like a bashing with her purse.

you-masher.png

Well, obviously that didn't work out. He heard Agnes shouting words at poor Isaac and Isaac seemed to be spewing a quote from a Jane Austen novel. "None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” Billy was about to walk off and figured it was back to the drawing board for getting two sims together.

well-back-to-the-drawing-board.png

But wait...something weird was going on. Whatever Isaac had said seemed to have gotten Agnes' attention and Billy could have sworn that Agnes just flirted with Isaac. And Isaac flirted back at her again. What? They were now getting on? Did Agatha give Billy some magic roses, or maybe there was a full moon or something tonight?

so-ow-ae-you-gettin-galong.png

Whatever it was, suddenly Agnes autonomously did a romantic gesture towards Isaac and gave him a rose!

is-it-a-full-moon-or-something.png

Billy stood there dumbfounded. He thought about the "woohoo and romance" talk he had had with Lias, and Lias had never mentioned anything about romance being like this. One minute, hate and then the next minute, love. This was confusing. And then Agnes thanked Billy for introducing her to Isaac. Um...yeah...okay. Billy just shook his head and thought that love was strange, but somehow felt good about finding someone for Agnes.

wow-love-is-really-in-the-air.png

agnes-is-going-out-with-isaac.png

love-doctor-moodlet.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Now that Billy had matched up two sims, he was off to sell these seeds and plants that Agatha had given him. But wait, since Agnes was in such a good mood, maybe he could sell them back to her.

can-you-sell-these-for-me.png

In no time at all, Billy sold the seeds and also all the watermelons.

reselling-the-watermelon-to-4-sims.png

Agatha was so thrilled with all his work that she gave him $300 simoloeons, a decorative gnome, super Vitality Fertilizer and a supposed-flirty potion. She also told him that there would be a special delivery to his house tomorrow. Billy wondered what it could be. (5 - Completed Meddlin' and Peddlin' errand)

done-the-meddlin-errand.png

Billy was pretty exhausted after all the matchmaking and selling he had done, and went home and crawled into his sleeping bag and fell right to sleep.

he-missed-sleeping-out.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday and Billy supposedly had 12 "white" eggs, but when he went to give them to Kim at the grocery stall, he was told he was short 3 eggs. Darn! Maybe they had spoiled. Maybe he should buy more chickens. This errand was taking a long time. In the meantime, since it was Winterfest tomorrow, he bought some supplies for a grand meal that he was going to make.

eggs-in-inventory.png

He stopped by the Gnome's Arms to speak with Sara Scott, and she seemed to be having a craving for chocoberries. No problem there, as Billy had some with him! And, boom...he finished that errand so quickly. (6 - Completed - A Simple Request) Sara was so happy with the chocoberries that she gave Billy $90 simoleons, a meal, an assortment of ingredients and some fertilizer.

sunday-sara-scott-help.png

chici-cravung.png

ive-got-some-chocoberries.png

Billy left town early as he wanted to do some decorating at his house. When he arrived, there was a lone teen just standing there. His name was Malcolm Landgraab, and as soon as Billy introduced himself, the teen left.

there-was-another-teen-on-his-lot-when-he-got-there-malcolm-landgraab.png

And then Billy smelled smoke! Oh no! And it seemed to be coming from his cottage.

oh-no-there-was-a-fire-in-his-cottage.png

Billy raced inside only to discover that his beloved rocking chair was in flames. He quickly doused it and was able to salvage what he could, but he couldn't help but wonder if that lone teen had something to do with the fire. It just seemed rather odd.

his-tree-gift-from-agatha.png

On a bright note, Agatha's surprise delivery had arrived. It was a holiday tree! How wonderful. Brushing aside the fire incident, Billy pulled out some holiday decorations from a box he found and humming to himself, did some decorating.

decorating-for-winterfest.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Isaac Girard is some random townie who just happened to be in the square at the time. I went into CAS and saw that he had the Bestselling Author aspiration, and also had the romantic trait. Since Agnes is stuck in another era romantically, I figured that if Isaac quoted some Jane Austen, it would stop her in her tracks and she would take notice of him. Oh my gosh, and she did! teehee

“None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”, is a quote from the book Persuasion by Jane Austen, 1817.

I thought it would be fun for Billy to catch a "real" bandit.

zorro-credit.png