Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to create apartment?

kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
pkuzfgc8ep9i.jpg
I downloaded a townhouse-style apartment building and started playing it, but I have one problem: I can't figure out how to add neighbors in my building. I have the hidden and public room markers where I want them, I have the wall mailbox, and the call box. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited August 2023
    I'm confused by what you mean by "adding neighbors."

You don't add neighbors to an apartment. Story Progression generates them automatically to any doors marked for NPC use. To be able to mark a door, it has to be attached to a room that has the hidden room marker in it, and the area outside of it enclosed by a fence or hallway/vestibule/etc. that contains a public marker. Once the door is marked, over time, NPCs move in as the bouncers, mixologists, mailman and other service sims in your town.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks for your response! I ended up posting on the EA website, and PuzzlezAddict helped me out!

"You are a genius! So just to reiterate for any other players having this issue, after I downloaded Buzzler's Fix NPC Door mod at Mod The Sims and added my playable family, I set my NPC door and moved Olive Kipling in through MasterController's Add Sim function, then I reset Olive Kipling. It showed as "nobody home" when my Sim rang the bell, but after she buzzed them at the callbox, I am able to ring the doorbell and talk to Olive if she's at home. Thank you so very much PuzzlezAddict!!!"
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited August 2023
    @kwohld You're welcome. I hadn't realized you'd wanted to assign a specific sim to an NPC door. (Some players want to add a second playable household to an apt building), so I wasn't sure what you were asking). Anyway, glad you got it sorted out. :)
    EiFlric.png