Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I recently had a new computer built with Windows 11 and now Sims 3 won't Launch

Hi,
I have been slowly trying to reinstall my programs and I now reached the Sims 3 and Expansions. I decided to first just install the base game only to see if it would Run. I used the original disk version of the game. It installed just fine and the launcher opened but when I pushed the play button nothing happened. I then downloaded and installed DX Redist June 2010 to see if that would help it had no effect. The launcher once again opened but nothing further happened when the play button was pushed even though all expansions worked fine on my previous Windows 10 System. I fear this is a sign my Hardware is now too new to support Sims 3. Here are my current system specs if anyone has any ideas on how to get it to Run. System Model: Z690 Extreme
BIOS: 13.02 (type: UEFI)
Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K (20 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32526MB RAM
Page File: 11737MB used, 22836MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.6
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode PS: I also noticed that the Launcher won't download Game Update patches either, the Update now button is Greyed out and it says my game is up to date even though I know it isn't. Does anyone have any other suggestions. If Sims 3 is no longer playable for me I may have to Drag out my ancient Windows XP Laptop and install my Sims 2 Disks. Even Sims 2 is leaps and bounds better than 4 is my humble opinion!

Comments

• Options
    stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
    I had a Windows 11 computer of the greatest quality possible, but my Mom stole it when I moved in with my Dad.
    Now, I have some old computer that can't run Windows 11, and that sometimes lags in Sims 4, X-Men, and Gaia.

My proper computer she stole can run Sims 3. This old, probably donation computer can't run Sims 3. Every time I try to play Sims 3 on this computer, it fails to launch the game.

I don't know much about this computer besides that it's way too old.

And, every time I try to save up my child support to get a new computer again, or even Xbox X, my Mom steals my child support savings for her kids with her husband illegally. The woman doesn't even give me an appropriate amount of child support to begin with. She pays impoverished child support she spends more on per vacation on herself alone, and she does 4-8 of those vacations every year she's so rich. Then, she pays me less than a vacation of child support... Then, she steals from my child support every time I try to save up for anything that doesn't cost $20-60.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,756 Member
    Sims 3 doesn't run on Alder Lake 12th Gen CPU's. EA never patched the game for it.

The only way to run it is to download a script which someone have made.
  • Options
    wheels18035135wheels18035135 Posts: 39 Member
    Do you know where I can find the script?
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Here's some sources which contains info and the link(s) for the 'fix'. You may want to take the time to give the threads a read to see where any potential issues are. Good Luck in getting your game to run.

Answer HQ Thread:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/11057820

The Sims 3 Forum Thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997158/the-sims-3-and-intel-12th-gen-cpus-workaround-inside/p1
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 689 Member
    Stylesdruk, what kind of computer are you using? Is it that it won't run the EA app? Some older computers won't.
    Screenshot-5.jpg