Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stove Tops Glitch!

Checksky3Checksky3 Posts: 906 Member
edited March 2023 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I just recently have a glitch where cc stove tops and stove inserts do not work anymore. The crazy thing is they worked just a couple days ago when I played and no updates have occurred since now and two days ago when they worked fine. I have reinstalled them from the websites but still broken I have also repaired game and made a new sims 4 folder and nothing. What's even weirder is the ones I placed in world before the last time I played still work fine on the counters but as soon as I pick it up it breaks im so confused. I even played on my laptop to see if it was my desktop and same thing. I tried an old mod folder and same thing im at a loss. What they do is as soon as I place them on the counter or under they disappear, If anyone else is experiencing this please let me know and they are updated for home decorator so this is just weird.
Origin ID: CuddlesKatie
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Those stove tops and inserts have always been a problem for me. Sometimes the solution is to use those only with the kitchen cabinets that came with the set. Other times it doesn't matter, and the stoves just don't work. I have run Batch Fixes using Sims4 Studio and that has worked on a few occasions. But now I just don't bother downloading those types of stoves and use what I have instead. My guess is the coding for those types of stoves is tied to the cabinets somehow. I am not an expert on how code works but that seems to be the problem if you try to use them with any other cabinets. Good luck with finding a solution. And keep us posted on how it's going. I'm interested in what you find out. :)
  • Options
    Checksky3Checksky3 Posts: 906 Member
    I figured it out, I had auto counters on and they won’t work with that, once I turned it off they all worked perfect!
    Origin ID: CuddlesKatie
  • Options
    DrHammer1000DrHammer1000 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Checksky3 said:
    > I figured it out, I had auto counters on and they won’t work with that, once I turned it off they all worked perfect!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IVE BEEN RAGING TRYING TO FIX THESE DAM STOVES AND YET YOU FIXED IT ALL I FEEL SO DUMB THANK YOU, I MADE AN ACCOUNT ON HERE JUST TO THANK YOU HAHA
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Checksky3 wrote: »
    I figured it out, I had auto counters on and they won’t work with that, once I turned it off they all worked perfect!

Thank you!!! I did not know there was an on/off! I have gotten into the cabinet settings, but I did not understand why things were "glitching" so often. Also, I gave up on a CC that had seemed to work well once, but not again. I blamed the CC. I am too quick to blame CC when it is a game glitch or a game setting that is causing the problem.