Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A travel pack?

JALJAL Posts: 1,044 Member
By now we've all seen the leaks about a Horse Ranch pack and it seems fairly credible (we'll see soon enough), and we can all see the many hints at horses in Growing Together. They're plentiful.

But so are the hints of travelling. From the working suitcase to the artwork, the game is rich with hints of future travel possibilities, and what better way to gain family photos for the new frames? Now I seriously doubt that hotels and travelling will be a part of the Horse Ranch pack, so could this mean we're getting a Hotel EP or GP after the Horse Ranch pack? *fingers crosses*

Personally, I'd prefer an EP to a GP in this case. I feel the hotel experience deserves it, but mostly I just want a bigger world that is alive as a residential world as well as a vacationing world. Ideally, it would be somewhere that is far from the US, in another region of the world entirely. I'd love to see Africa or Asia to be represented, but I'd be happy with Australia or New Zealand as well. Jungle Adventure already offers us vacations in South America, so I'd hope for something new. My absolutely ideal would be India, so that we'd get some use of the CAS-items in fashion street and the decor in City Living.

Imagine this: A big world, similar to Windenburg in size, with three distinct neighborhoods, representing different aspects of India.

Area one: Touristy beach resort with large hotels(based on Goa).
image.jpg
This would be where the hotels are, big 64*64 lots as well as a few smaller ones. Maybe a rental or two as well. This wouldn't be where you'd meet the townies, but where the tourists are.

* Own and run a hotel or B&B (venue type that can be placed in any world including vacation worlds and that works well with spa items, espresso bar, bar, restaurant items and retail items so NPCs show up to work if you put those items there)
* Work in a hotel
* Visit hotels
* More pool items and more customisation to pools
* Aspirations to run hotels, as well as travel aspirations

Area two: Busy town center (based on places such as Mumbai and New Dehli)
chandi_chowk_cover.0.jpg
shutterstock_779259358-1-f71d47d36fca.jpg?auto=format&q=75&w=1920
Chaotic, busy, vibrant with streets vendors and food stalls in every corner, with small cramped apartments and luxurious penthouses.

* Street vendors and bazaar items, so we could create our own street markets
* Holi and Diwali as an events and festivals in the city, and as holiday traditions
* Hair dressing chair that can be used similarly to the manicure/pedicure chair. You can use it in your home, in a salon or on the street
* Learn about their culture, and learn Bollywood dance
* lots of indian food and spices

Area three: Relaxing mountain region (based on the countryside northern regions of India)
Assam.jpg
Hill-stations-near-Uttar-Pradesh.jpg
Beautiful scenery, could be some fantastic villas, or villages, but also rentals in this area. This would be a great way to integrate the Courtyard oasis kit better into the game as it fits with the more muslim building style in some parts of this region (after all this is where Taj Mahal is situated).

* tea as a harvestable
* cows and even elefants roaming free in the region
* you could befriend an elefant similar to how you befriend a dolphin in island living
* go hiking in the mountains and natural park, with risk of death by tiger
Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    I would love that, especially for the beach resort and if we get more sarees. Would be nice if they upgrade the spa chairs so sims can get henna tattoos in them and make cows holy in this new world.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    Travel EP could also be an occasion to maybe give us more than one (small but still) world in one expansion pack?
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Maybe the horse EP is a guest ranch so we can book a vacation there. Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXA2MbDeDg
  • Options
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Maybe the horse EP is a guest ranch so we can book a vacation there.

Maybe, but to be fair I hope not. I want hotels to be fully fleshed out, and I think tucked away in a pack that is mainly about something else is a great way to water it down. At worst both features would be watered down. Just look at Get to work. It's three packs in one, with the result that none of them is very fleshed out. Aliens do not get a real home world where they can live, the careers are rather repetitive after a while and the retail system is in desperate need of an overhaul. I mean it's so basic it ought to have been a base game update. Infants were a bigger update than the entire retail system.

So for me, I'd rather wait and see it done right.
    Esia wrote: »
    Travel EP could also be an occasion to maybe give us more than one (small but still) world in one expansion pack?

It could, as it has been done before, but personally I'd prefer one big world with distinctly different neighborhoods. And I've been dying for a real in depth India for some time (or Africa, the Middle East, China... just somewhere not the US or Europe).
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm still holding out hope that the horse pack will be a GP. I know it's unlikely but I'm going to hope until there is an official announcement.

I too saw the hints and was hoping the second EP of the year would be travel/hotels based.

I would like to see the return of 3 travel destinations like we saw in previous travel packs. I want travel based careers, ability to homeschool, and goals based on visiting specific locations.

As for the worlds, I would love to see Iceland, Thailand, Morocco, Australia.

I also think expanded archeology opportunities would be nice but maybe not within a hotels/resorts pack but rather a pack of its own.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I'm still holding out hope that the horse pack will be a GP. I know it's unlikely but I'm going to hope until there is an official announcement.

I too saw the hints and was hoping the second EP of the year would be travel/hotels based.

I would like to see the return of 3 travel destinations like we saw in previous travel packs. I want travel based careers, ability to homeschool, and goals based on visiting specific locations.

As for the worlds, I would love to see Iceland, Thailand, Morocco, Australia.

I also think expanded archeology opportunities would be nice but maybe not within a hotels/resorts pack but rather a pack of its own.

We might still get a travel EP with more exotic locations even if they include the basis for hotels in the horse ranch EP. If this EP brings more outdoorsy activities and not just horses, I will be happy. Frankly, I am not sure they will ever add three different worlds in one pack, unless the worlds are pretty small and don't require too many specific build and Buy items, so for exotic locations I would prefer they came in their own packs. They could add them gradually, one by one, with different themes and implement hotels and travel aspirations/rewards, etc. in a GP.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I posted this this wish list for a dude ranch themed vacation pack 2 years ago
    I would love another vacation themed pack. A dude ranch would be great as it gives an opportunity for horses. Many people are requesting generations and more family options and dude ranch vacations work for family activities as well as individual sim activities.

My thoughts
    Build- big lodge log cabin theming and glamping
    Stable items
    Chuck wagon style food stall
    Some rustic wedding items

Activities

Horses- learn horseback riding, equestrian skill, opportunity to compete similar to sims 3, riding trails, opportunity to own stables and teach riding/skill basically fully fleshed out horses.

Trails- multiple trails similar to snowy escape that can be hiked, taken by horse, or mountain bikes. Trails would lead to a ghost town type area, an area with a swimmable waterfall pool, and one that goes to a beautiful vista with a lot.

Hayrides/wagon rides

Tire swings, potato sack races, slides, family board games,

Petting zoo- goats, ponies,

Larger campfires where at night everyone gathers around and tells stories and makes s'mores

Overnight pack trips

Fly fishing

Archery

Canoeing on a lake

Bikes/family bikes/mountain biking

Food- table that allows for large family style meals with bbq type items
    -bbq smoker
    - cooking classes

I would be pretty thrilled if the horses pack was part of a family dude ranch vacation experience.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    I desperately need a Time Travel Pack.🥺 Where a sim/household can travel to the Stone Age, Dark Ages, Medieval Times, Victorian Age, Roaring 1920s, Nifty 1950s & maybe even in the far future of the year 2525.😍 And the sims could actually live there if they want to.🤩

Oops, you just meant a travel pack.
    Well in that case maybe a Niagara Falls Vacation World.😉
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,436 Member
    I would really like to get hotels but I want them done properly. I want to be able to build them, visit them or even run a hotel. I think hotels or a travel pack should it's own pack, not squished together with another theme. Call me crazy but I don't need a new world in a travel pack. We can put rental lots in every world nowadays so a decent hotel system that can be used in any world would have enough places to visit.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I desperately need a Time Travel Pack.🥺 Where a sim/household can travel to the Stone Age, Dark Ages, Medieval Times, Victorian Age, Roaring 1920s, Nifty 1950s & maybe even in the far future of the year 2525.😍 And the sims could actually live there if they want to.🤩

Oops, you just meant a travel pack.
    Well in that case maybe a Niagara Falls Vacation World.😉

Now that is the kind of travel I would prefer, both past and future era's to visit.
  • Options
    MalalupisMalalupis Posts: 25 Member
    Hotels is still my #1 desire for an EP. I don't have any interest in an Indian world, but I'll take any world that comes with a fully fleshed-out hotel feature. I'm dying to make a cozy bed and breakfast, a sleek luxury hotel, a family-friendly resort, all the things!
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I'd love to see an off-the-grid pack set in the past. Would love medieval times, stone age, etc. Would also like an Amish setting.

For travel, hotels, air bnb, hostels, etc would be nice. I want sims to be able to rent anything from a little pup tent to a yurt to a cabin or just a hotel. I mentioned in another thread about the hotel I stayed at in Guam-- Alupang Beach Tower which also has apartments.

We had a stacked washer & dryer but there was laundry service for bedding & towels. There was also a restaurant behind the lobby.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited June 2023
    JAL wrote: »
    By now we've all seen the leaks about a Horse Ranch pack and it seems fairly credible (we'll see soon enough), and we can all see the many hints at horses in Growing Together. They're plentiful.

But so are the hints of travelling. From the working suitcase to the artwork, the game is rich with hints of future travel possibilities, and what better way to gain family photos for the new frames? Now I seriously doubt that hotels and travelling will be a part of the Horse Ranch pack, so could this mean we're getting a Hotel EP or GP after the Horse Ranch pack? *fingers crosses*

Personally, I'd prefer an EP to a GP in this case. I feel the hotel experience deserves it, but mostly I just want a bigger world that is alive as a residential world as well as a vacationing world. Ideally, it would be somewhere that is far from the US, in another region of the world entirely. I'd love to see Africa or Asia to be represented, but I'd be happy with Australia or New Zealand as well. Jungle Adventure already offers us vacations in South America, so I'd hope for something new. My absolutely ideal would be India, so that we'd get some use of the CAS-items in fashion street and the decor in City Living.

Imagine this: A big world, similar to Windenburg in size, with three distinct neighborhoods, representing different aspects of India.

Area one: Touristy beach resort with large hotels(based on Goa).
    image.jpg
    This would be where the hotels are, big 64*64 lots as well as a few smaller ones. Maybe a rental or two as well. This wouldn't be where you'd meet the townies, but where the tourists are.

* Own and run a hotel or B&B (venue type that can be placed in any world including vacation worlds and that works well with spa items, espresso bar, bar, restaurant items and retail items so NPCs show up to work if you put those items there)
    * Work in a hotel
    * Visit hotels
    * More pool items and more customisation to pools
    * Aspirations to run hotels, as well as travel aspirations

Area two: Busy town center (based on places such as Mumbai and New Dehli)
    chandi_chowk_cover.0.jpg
    shutterstock_779259358-1-f71d47d36fca.jpg?auto=format&q=75&w=1920
    Chaotic, busy, vibrant with streets vendors and food stalls in every corner, with small cramped apartments and luxurious penthouses.

* Street vendors and bazaar items, so we could create our own street markets
    * Holi and Diwali as an events and festivals in the city, and as holiday traditions
    * Hair dressing chair that can be used similarly to the manicure/pedicure chair. You can use it in your home, in a salon or on the street
    * Learn about their culture, and learn Bollywood dance
    * lots of indian food and spices

Area three: Relaxing mountain region (based on the countryside northern regions of India)
    Assam.jpg
    Hill-stations-near-Uttar-Pradesh.jpg
    Beautiful scenery, could be some fantastic villas, or villages, but also rentals in this area. This would be a great way to integrate the Courtyard oasis kit better into the game as it fits with the more muslim building style in some parts of this region (after all this is where Taj Mahal is situated).

* tea as a harvestable
    * cows and even elefants roaming free in the region
    * you could befriend an elefant similar to how you befriend a dolphin in island living
    * go hiking in the mountains and natural park, with risk of death by tiger

We have such nice Indian clothes in the game. I would love to see a world based on India with some of it’s customs an liveliness! I do want sims to be able to live there as well.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    I would like a taxi cab cars and taxi boats in the sims 4 please
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    We have such nice Indian clothes in the game. I would love to see a world based on India with some of it’s customs an liveliness! I do want sims to be able to live there as well.

I completely agree! It seems such a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'd love for my Sims to be able to travel to India, Greece,Norway,France and Africa.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Sounds good but I think I would like fairies first