Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me add San Sequoia to the Local Color challenge

Hello, Growing Together owners :)
I made a challenge that involves living in each world in your game for a generation.
Each world has its own theme color, local tradition, available careers, and an optional extra challenge. Some have building challenges too.
The theme color doesn't have to be used exclusively but there need to be enough items available in it that it can be a recognizable theme of the sims' clothing and home decor.
The local tradition is something that at least one sim in the household must do at least three times a week while living in that world. For example, Mt. Komorebi's tradition is drinking tea, Strangerville's tradition is talking to plants.
And then, each world is located in between two other worlds. While living in each world, your travel is restricted to your world and the two adjacent worlds.

I'm seeking suggestions about adding San Sequoia to the challenge.
I need a color, a local tradition, suggestions about careers that would or would not be available, ideas for extra challenges, ideas about which two worlds San Sequoia would be next to.

Here is a list of the other worlds' colors, local traditions, careers, extra challenges, locations.
I know I'm starting to run out of normal colors... that's how Newcrest ended up with burgundy lol. I'd like to avoid changing colors of already existing worlds so as not to annoy people who have already been playing the challenge.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18212217/#Comment_18212217

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    No new careers came with the pack, but careers that fit are:
    • Babysitter (BG, part-time, it's a suburban area with families)
    • Fisherman (IL, part-time, town has history in fishing)
    • Any Freelance, Crafting or WFH career (to enable work/parenting balance)
    • Restaurant owner (family style restaurant)
    • Retail owner (shop for nursery/kids room supplies)
    • Vet owner (because pets are family too)

Local traditions could be:
    • Fishing
    • Swimming in the lake (might not be possible in winter with Seasons)
    • Playing at the splash pads
    • Completing puzzles (these can be framed once done, so are their own record of completion)
    • Playing Simbles
    • Working on/playing make believe in treehouses (adults can play with kids too)
    • Walking or power walking around Gilbert Gardens
    • Visiting the Rec Centre for any hobby activity
    • Camping out in sleeping bags
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2023
    I read that we can find Emily the sea monster from Get Together. So, San Sequoia is located ''near'' Windenburg and also the water near Windenburg is a lake... So San Sequoia is in between a lake and the ocean?
    For me, the world is also near the west coast inspired worlds like San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, Evergreen Harbor, Moonwood Mill, Oasis Springs, StrangerVille.
    And for the colors, we can find two flag near the Rec Center, it seem to be orange/red+green, but don't trust my color perception on that part. :(
    Post edited by Skyrryx on
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    It's definitely near Del Sol Valley on one side (like Los Angeles and San Francisco irl), but the other side I'm not sure about. Maybe Oasis Springs, because that would be New Mexico or Nevada.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @Skyrryx Hey, Emily gets around! That's fun.
    (I wonder how far she can swim?)
    Thanks @EmmaVane for the info!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Another option for a neighbouring town is Evergreen Harbor. San Sequoia & Del Sol Valley are both Southern West Coast US, while Evergreen Harbour is Northern West Coast US.

According to the map LA (DSV) is the most southern of the two cities, so SF (SS) has the Pacific Northwest (EH) far to the north or Nevada (OS) closer to the east.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Another option for a neighbouring town is Evergreen Harbor. San Sequoia & Del Sol Valley are both Southern West Coast US, while Evergreen Harbour is Northern West Coast US.

According to the map LA (DSV) is the most southern of the two cities, so SF (SS) has the Pacific Northwest (EH) far to the north or Nevada (OS) closer to the east.

To me it feels like, San Sequoia lies across the bay from San Myshuno and near Brindleton Bay because of the bridge and the boats.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited March 2023
    I see San Swquoia as the San Francisco area and the surrounding area. San Myshuno I see as the Los Angeles area, and the Long Beach area. Del Sol Valley I see as Hollywood/Rodeo Drive, Mulholland Drive, and the San Fernando Valley. Oasis Springs I see as the upper and lower deserts in California, Granite Falls I see as the Mountainous areas in California. And since the Bear is on the California flag I can see it as one of the local animals, as well as foxes, rabbits, insects, fish, and frogs.

Copied from the internet: “ The colors and symbols of the flag are: White for purity, Red for courage, the Grizzly Bear to represent strength and independence, and the Red Star to represent the fact that California, like Texas, became a state without ever having been a territory.”

I don’t see Brindleton Bay Evergreen Harbor on the West Coast, I see them on the East Cosst.

For Jobs around San Sequoia, I can see Politician, The Business career, Lawyer, and Fitness and Wellness careers, as it is a big city. I can also see the fishing career because of the Ocean and lakes. I can see San Sequoia as a place for retiree’s and Partial retirees, so the free lancer careers also seem suitable. I think the eco living careers would be good too ( California currently pushes solar power, and conservation, etc.). Because of the Tree house and Wilderness areas I can see wood working as a career also. I think the Eco living Community centers would be a great lot type, along with the Rec center, Gyms, Spa’s, Nighclubs/lounges, fish restaurants or fast food restaurants, Retail and residential. I can also see one of those big lots ( like the Michelson’s lot ) as a national park with camping tents and such,
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on