Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roof Woes

Please Help! I do not use mods or cc.

I do not like building the roof. I want to get better at building ...

This is in live mode, no roof! In build mode there is a roof. Also, there is no ceiling over the bedroom? What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for any help

I really hope these pictures have been attached correctly...
98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2023
    @temerald7667

Let's see if I can help:

- In live mode, you have the walls partially down (you can choose fully down, partially down, or fully up). When you have the walls partially down, your roof will also show as partially down. So there's nothing wrong there, it's perfectly normal. Choose to show the walls fully up and you'll see that the roof now shows fully up in live mode too.

- The reason you're missing the ceiling in that one room is probably because you built that smaller room with the closet, so the game deleted the ceiling on you. It's not anything you did wrong, it's a bothersome issue with the game itself.... these "ceiling deletion" issues happen quite often, especially when you build a room within a room (like a closet for example). There are two ways to put the ceiling back in:

1) Just grab the custom room tool and re-trace around all the walls of that room and the game will put the ceiling back in (essentially you are building a new room, so the game automatically puts a ceiling in a new room). You'll have to re-trace around the closet 'room' to get the ceiling back on that one too. But also note, when you re-trace the room with the custom room tool, the game will automatically delete all the wallpapers on those walls (both inside and outside), so you'll have to put them back on. Yet another annoying builder's glitch in the game. *sigh*

Or

2) You can click on the very top edge of one of those room walls (when you've clicked on the right spot it will trace the room with a thick yellow border), once you get that thick yellow border, click on the same spot again and you'll get the option to "build ceiling". Just click that option and it will put the ceiling back in (you'll have to do it for the closet 'room' too). But trying to click on the very tippy top edge of a wall can be tricky sometimes, so it might take a few tries before you find that 'sweet spot' to finally get the option to "build ceiling".

Other than that, your roof looks great!

Good luck and don't fret too much about build issues... the more things you build and the more you use all the different tools, the more you'll get used to how they work. After a while, they'll become second nature without even thinking about it too much. :)

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    @temerald7667

Let's see if I can help:

- In live mode, you have the walls partially down (you can choose fully down, partially down, or fully up). When you have the walls partially down, your roof will also show as partially down. So there's nothing wrong there, it's perfectly normal. Choose to show the walls fully up and you'll see that the roof now shows fully up in live mode too.

- The reason you're missing the ceiling in that one room is probably because you built that smaller room with the closet, so the game deleted the ceiling on you. It's not anything you did wrong, it's a bothersome issue with the game itself.... these "ceiling deletion" issues happen quite often, especially when you build a room within a room (like a closet for example). There are two ways to put the ceiling back in:

1) Just grab the custom room tool and re-trace around all the walls of that room and the game will put the ceiling back in (essentially you are building a new room, so the game automatically puts a ceiling in a new room). You'll have to re-trace around the closet 'room' to get the ceiling back on that one too. But also note, when you re-trace the room with the custom room tool, the game will automatically delete all the wallpapers on those walls (both inside and outside), so you'll have to put them back on. Yet another annoying builder's glitch in the game. *sigh*

Or

2) You can click on the very top edge of one of those room walls (when you've clicked on the right spot it will trace the room with a thick yellow border), once you get that thick yellow border, click on the same spot again and you'll get the option to "build ceiling". Just click that option and it will put the ceiling back in (you'll have to do it for the closet 'room' too). But trying to click on the very tippy top edge of a wall can be tricky sometimes, so it might take a few tries before you find that 'sweet spot' to finally get the option to "build ceiling".

Other than that, your roof looks great!

Good luck and don't fret too much about build issues... the more things you build and the more you use all the different tools, the more you'll get used to how they work. After a while, they'll become second nature without even thinking about it too much. :)

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to try this out, my computer is having issues. Actually the monitor. I’m waiting for a borrowed one to make sure it’s the monitor. We will see!
    Thank you again so so much
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Your welcome! I hope I helped to clear things up... at least for the roof issues.

... then there's the building basements issues
    ... and the building platforms issues
    ... and the friezes and spandrels issues
    ... and the fencing issues
    ... and
    ... and

:D
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Your welcome! I hope I helped to clear things up... at least for the roof issues.

... and
    ... and

Hi AncientMuse

I didn't want you to think I was the type of person to ask a question and then just drop you like a hot potato.
    My desktop died I had to order a new one and wait for it to arrive. I am downloading my game now, and I cannot wait to get into it!!

Thank you again for your willingness to help me.
  • Options

... and
    ... and

One more update for you @AncientMuse Your advice worked, I just used the custom room kit and traced the outline of the room and it's wonderful.

Thank you again!
  • Options

... and
    ... and

One more update for you @AncientMuse Your advice worked, I just used the custom room kit and traced the outline of the room and it's wonderful.

Thank you again!

Thanks for the update on your progress, glad it all worked out for you. :)