Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 generations

mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
Will the sims 4 generations pack have infant strollers and infant carriers that go on like a backpack?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 165 Member
    There hasn't been comfirmation that there even will be "generations pack"... So no one really knows what will the next expansion pack have.

But if one wants to speculate, one of the world art pictures shown last year's summit had a sim carrying a baby on their back. So maybe something like that could be coming with the pack or then with the infant update.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 222 Member
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    There hasn't been comfirmation that there even will be "generations pack"... So no one really knows what will the next expansion pack have.

But if one wants to speculate, one of the world art pictures shown last year's summit had a sim carrying a baby on their back. So maybe something like that could be coming with the pack or then with the infant update.

Maybe it won't necessirily be called Generations, more like Family Life/Living/Lifestyle to match with previous expansions. But I am sure it has something to do with family and age groups like we had in Sims 3. We know nothing much yet but hints are pretty obvious. Get FAMILIAR.... It's all RELATIVE. What else could it be? I mean if they would have thrown a whole EP about teeth and dentists I would be pretty angry
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Whether it’s generations or a children’s pack or whatever, it’s quite likely that the next expansion or the infants patch will have infant carriers because they showed art of a sim using one :)

1-E4-CC676-33-D9-4267-ACEB-53-A9-E2-C0-A996.webp
  • Options
    Oh how sweet
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,727 Member
    Hate to point this out, but that's a Child Sim wearing a back pack in the picture. I do hope we get a baby carrier of some sort. A backpack carrier or even a Mobi-type scarf would be nice. What those images tell me is that we're getting a new world, quite possible to which I say YES.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited January 2023
    IMO that looks more like a teen or young adult wearing the backpack haha. But you may be correct!
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I don't remember if I saw it on a YouTube video or another thread, but there was a closeup pic of the person with the backpack, and it was definitely a baby on the back as you could see the arms and head! I will have to look for it. Watched videos from Iron Seagull the other day, so may be one of his.
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    If there is a grim reaper career, I really pray we get the option to bring back the dead as a zombie!
  • Options
    yeah i was right yay
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    If you take a pic of the person with backpack with your cell phone and then enlarge it you see the head and arm.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I know the forthcoming pack involves family trees, and that (maybe unrelatedly) babies are about to be introduced.

Since babies are in an update (and not tied to the expansion pack), do we have any reason to think the new pack will be about generations.

(From the few things we do know, it looks more avuncular/materteral, looking at uncles, aunts and connections)
  • Options
    Or it will be ep focused mostly on infant-child age group. Then I am sure we will get elders expansion pack a few months later XDD
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,005 Member
    There's a close up pic here and it definitely looks like a baby/infant in a carrier.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18218114#Comment_18218114
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited January 2023
    Considering the fact that we are getting infants, I am inclined to think that a generations pack is pretty much confirmed. We usually get big updates like that to compliment an expansion, and what other kind of expansion would tie in with a whole new lifestage? Exciting stuff. :smile:

Also, strollers would be awesome. Would be so cute to be able to travel with the infant and push them in the stroller.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I've been waiting for a Generations pack for TS4 for so long but the way they've made previous popular packs in the franchise have been underwhelming so my hopes are pretty low lmao. The university pack was way too boring with your sim having barely any time to do anything, the cats and dogs pack was a downgrade from TS3, and Seasons without the festival lot in TS3 doesn't feel as good.
  • Options
    ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    > @sam123 said:
    > I've been waiting for a Generations pack for TS4 for so long but the way they've made previous popular packs in the franchise have been underwhelming so my hopes are pretty low lmao. The university pack was way too boring with your sim having barely any time to do anything, the cats and dogs pack was a downgrade from TS3, and Seasons without the festival lot in TS3 doesn't feel as good.

We pretty much have everything a generations pack would consist of already sprinkled throughout other packs (My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Discover University, High School Years, Kids Room Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff), theres not much else to add in that regard other than infants, and an overhaul to some aspects of gameplay. I think we should have something else personally.
  • Options
    > @sam123 said:
    > I've been waiting for a Generations pack for TS4 for so long but the way they've made previous popular packs in the franchise have been underwhelming so my hopes are pretty low lmao. The university pack was way too boring with your sim having barely any time to do anything, the cats and dogs pack was a downgrade from TS3, and Seasons without the festival lot in TS3 doesn't feel as good.

We pretty much have everything a generations pack would consist of already sprinkled throughout other packs (My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Discover University, High School Years, Kids Room Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff), theres not much else to add in that regard other than infants, and an overhaul to some aspects of gameplay. I think we should have something else personally.

we still miss lots of activity for kids and almost nothing for elders
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i'd love to see infant strollers and carriers. ideally we'll get more impactful familial interactions and family-oriented activities, the ability to reminisce/experience nostalgia (scrapbooking/photo albums/home videos), some much-needed elder gameplay, imaginary friends and pattycake for kids, a midlife crisis for adults, and more.
  • Options
    what i really want is a newborn stuff pack for the sims 4 to buy on amazon please
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    > @sam123 said:

we still miss lots of activity for kids and almost nothing for elders

Yeah I think the main thing I loved about the TS3 Generations was all the new kid activities like the costume chest, the scuba diving in the bath tub, presiding over the royal court on the dining chair, hopscotch, imaginary friends, etc. Kids felt so much more fun to play as with that pack. Elders didn't receive that much IMO but they did improve them slightly, the new teen stuff was so good also. I wish we get tonnes of new child activities but I have my doubts.