Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pictures, Vets and restaurants

I have a bunch of questions but first how do we post pictures on here from our screenshot folder? How many surgery machines have you found the vet clinic works best with? how many host and waiter stations does a restaurant function best with? I know dine out doesn't work right but I finally remembered to make a lot and try it, same with the vet clinic, I decided to move my vamps to Brindleton Bay after babies get here unless they fix the game sooner, getting impatient!
graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    To post pictures to the forum you need a site like imgur.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2022
    I think for vet clinic one of each vet item
    with good routing space but not too big routing distances is good

try to have lots of space around the check in station and for restaurants the host station because those tend to crowd sims just walking in

for restaurants again routing first really
    if you can fit two chef and waiter stations without making things crammed or too long to route for then maybe that

(make sure you have space for waiters and chefs just standing in front of their stations too because they do that often)

limit the amount of dining tables and chairs to same general area so your waiters don't have to adventure

same about toilets. shouldn't be adventure for staff and visitors to go to toilet and its probably good to have several

I also try to add pet items like food bowl, litter box and cat tree/ pet bed to everywhere my sims might go with their pets so i recommend adding one or two for vet clinic

also consider some items to fill sims needs so thats not why you have to go home in the middle

and yeah computer i think is needed for some things

oh and if you have seasons consider that so your sims don't say freeze outside or something :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Hi ya! I was just testing the restaurant with the Delgato family and for some reason the toddler was sent to daycare even though I clicked on her to accompany the adults, no one was eating upstairs at all though it may have gone a little better if I hadn't put the candy bowl from spooky stuff and set the lot as spooky because they kept running all over due to fear from that and the ghost that showed up. I made sure there is an auto feeder and toy box at the restaurant and feeder, litter, toy box, bed and cat nip plants at the vet clinic. there are 4 surgery stations at the vets but I forgot a computer and desk setup, would 3 surgery stations be enough?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Toddlers will automatically be sent to daycare when you travel to a restaurant, but all you need to do is click on their picture and "bring here" and they will arrive right away.
  • Options
    @mightysprite thank you for that tip,I thought I did something wrong! I've had dine out for a year and never tried it until building this restaurant, I'm clueless on a few of the packs but trying to pass time until babies get here by setting up a new town save.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I think your best chance of dine out is making a restaurant which is a restaurant lot type with very little lot traits and variables. It struggles with its basic function so if you’re going to add other things to it I’m not quite sure how it’s going to go 😁
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Glad that helped @LuvtehGeeks :) Restaurants are almost the only place I use high chairs anymore. The toddlers are so cute sitting there with their families. I tend to have them bring a book or toy in their inventory to keep them occupied, and know that they may have to be taken down from the high chair for a walk around every so often, just like brirging a real toddler to a restaurant lol

For the issue of unoccupied seats, think about how many dining spots you have relative to the max number of sims that can be on a lot at the same time. If the build has a hundred seats or something, most of them will go empty.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    One tip for the restaurant is to have more than one Chef's stove in the kitchen. That fixed how long it takes for food to get to the table. Another thing I was told to do by another helpful player was to Shift-Click on the restaurant staff and select debug/object once your Sims arrive. Most of the time the chef and wait staff is just arriving when your Sims does. If you look provided you have the capability of getting on the Gallery, you'll find some really nice remodels of Chez Llama. I have the one with the black exterior. It's really well done inside and does have more than just the one Chef's stove, too. Best of luck.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    If you have a vet clinic do not decorate whith pictures or posters. The people working there get stuck contemplating them instead of taking care of the animals
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for the helpful suggestions! I took a surgery room out and added an office complete with perfect plasma fruit tree. I added a couple high chairs to the restaurant, there was a chef station downstairs and upstairs already when I tested and the entire establishment only has 24 dining spots, normally I keep mccc set to 50 per lot but am just getting over another round with covid and keep forgetting to grab and install updated mods, LoL. ;)